Norfolk Southern - Sandusky District

can't wait to see this uploaded.

I've recently did a trial on this route and it has it's fair share of pros and cons:
Pros:
Mission Codes and path commands make junction navigation easy
Amazing detail
Wonderful trackwork
Working hump yard
Nice industries
Love the bridges

Cons:
the CPC in the Dispatcher session is becoming buggy and trains are sometimes derailing as they spawn out of the portal (and becoming a driverless, runaway train)
the interlockings are quite a hassle to work with
the mission codes only go to certain places, so if you want to sit back and relax with an AI operation of the coal port at Sandusky, that's a problem
there's no proper mission codes for the Sandusky area portals to Cleveland and Toledo (or are there?)
several of the consists in the Dispatcher session HTML don't appear in the actual session (were they meant to?)
Mission codes and path commands sometimes break and the interlockings sometimes don't throw
Sometimes an AI train stops before a junction even when it's in it's direction and it doesn't even move.
Sometimes a junction can flip under a train and cause it to derail
When placing a train over a crossing, the crossing is permanently down and it doesn't open, thus the trigger has a script error
Shouldn't there be a guide on where the missioncodes take you for more proper AI operations?

Thanks for the feedback, that's a good summary of the problems.

the CPC in the Dispatcher session is becoming buggy and trains are sometimes derailing as they spawn out of the portal (and becoming a driverless, runaway train)

The cause can only be remedied by service packs. Or the 24/7 session is too complex for that

the interlockings are quite a hassle to work with

They are designed for minimalism and cannot represent all paths. The most important ILT are set to dynamic so that the AI or the player can choose their own path.

the mission codes only go to certain places, so if you want to sit back and relax with an AI operation of the coal port at Sandusky, that's a problem

Which places are missing? I have stored all the usual connections for Bellevue and now also for Sandusky.

there's no proper mission codes for the Sandusky area portals to Cleveland and Toledo (or are there?)

see above

several of the consists in the Dispatcher session HTML don't appear in the actual session (were they meant to?)

All consist are called up for me, but problems can arise from the portals and therefore some trains do not appear

Mission codes and path commands sometimes break and the interlockings sometimes don't throw

I don't know how to solve the problem because sometimes all paths and mission codes have disappeared and have to be recreated again and again

Sometimes an AI train stops before a junction even when it's in it's direction and it doesn't even move.

with signal in front of the train? restarting the drive job should help

Sometimes a junction can flip under a train and cause it to derail

I tried to fix the problem and paths are now canceled when they are completely fulfilled.

When placing a train over a crossing, the crossing is permanently down and it doesn't open, thus the trigger has a script error

Bug Report

Shouldn't there be a guide on where the missioncodes take you for more proper AI operations?

Since Stage 3 there has been a small .html manual in the session which is constantly being updated and explains the MissionCodes, Interlocking Tower and the ID's for the hump

Is it possible to add text/ label to the Hump dialog? Would save writing down what goes on which tracks.

Where is this Stage 3 you speak of? I think you said it's not released yet, but want to make sure I'm not missing it somewhere. ;)

Is it possible to add text/ label to the Hump dialog? Would save writing down what goes on which tracks.

Where is this Stage 3 you speak of? I think you said it's not released yet, but want to make sure I'm not missing it somewhere. ;)

Since there are occasional requests, I have published Stage 3. -> https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?166749-RRMods-New-Freeware-Release-1-25-22

Stage 3 is TRS19 SP4 only. Due to many issues, it does not include specifications for interlocking towers, paths, or portals. There will be no session for this except the Basic.

Stage 4 (WIP unpublished) will include these again but will only be TRS22+

I'm missing the following assets by firestorm32:

<kuid:193623:1338>,<kuid:193623:105026>,<kuid:193623:105028>,<kuid:193623:1340>,<kuid:193623:1337>,<kuid:193623:1342>,<kuid:193623:105030>,<kuid:193623:105023>,<kuid:193623:1343>,<kuid:193623:1341>,<kuid:193623:105027>,<kuid:193623:1339>

I checked TKI and on the web but have come up empty handed. If it's nothing important, I'll delete the missing assets and be done with it.

Thanks.

Hello

Can someone help please I am missing 2 dependencies:

<kuid2:661281:96327:3>
<kuid2:661281:96331:3>

both of them are listed as 'Unknown' so they are probably in a Package somewhere (both attributed to 'Auran').

Many thanks for your help.

Roger

<kuid2:661281:96327:3> Stump and Rocks 2 - Stump 11 - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:96331:3> Stump and Rocks 2 - Stump 8 - Seasonal
Both packaged in Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC

This is a really cool route. Very detailed and a lot of eye-candy. However, on my gaming PC it lags A LOT! You must be running it on some kind of mainframe. I'll try some tweaks, but right now, for me, it is unplayable.

This is NOT a critique of the map itself, just my setup.

Why 2019 only? Could one download it in 2019 and export it to TANE by cdp or are the file structures incompatible with any older Trainz? This looks like a great route for a 765 excursion, well 765 did run excursions on NS 2012-2015, 2012 was employee only. Sandusky is where Cedar Point amusement park is, parent company Cedar Fair owns my local park Dorney Park since July 1992.

Why 2019 only? Could one download it in 2019 and export it to TANE by cdp or are the file structures incompatible with any older Trainz? This looks like a great route for a 765 excursion, well 765 did run excursions on NS 2012-2015, 2012 was employee only. Sandusky is where Cedar Point amusement park is, parent company Cedar Fair owns my local park Dorney Park since July 1992.

The files are different and so are the textures plus many other things internally that make the program versions too far apart to down-version the route to TANE.

help needed asap when using the hump on sandusky district stage 3. all cars are automatically humped to the same track and not distributed to any other tracks please help

help needed asap when using the hump on sandusky district stage 3. all cars are automatically humped to the same track and not distributed to any other tracks please help

For Hump Operations you have to use the session <KUID2:203554:100259: 1> TRS19 - NS Sandusky District - Stage 3 - Basic settings, the hump does not work without this session.

There is a manual that explains the use. F1 if it does not appear automatically. To move a car on different tracks you have to assign a destination ID to every car. The use and the IDs are also explained in the manual. I mean you don't have to enter the complete ID, the number for the track is sufficient.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hi all,
I'm having a hell of a time getting the tracks to show up on the route. Some of them pop up in a few segments, others if you add a spline point, some just show missing asset lines. Bulk update/replace tool doesn'
t seem to play nice with trying to just trash the buggy JR track and replace either. Was wondering if anyone had similar issues or even knows where JR is hosting that track anymore. A couple of them are showing built in to my TS19, but as for that track pack? Can't find it anywhere on their website anymore.

Thanks for any help.
Woody

Hi all,
I'm having a hell of a time getting the tracks to show up on the route. Some of them pop up in a few segments, others if you add a spline point, some just show missing asset lines. Bulk update/replace tool doesn't seem to play nice with trying to just trash the buggy JR track and replace either. Was wondering if anyone had similar issues or even knows where JR is hosting that track anymore. A couple of them are showing built in to my TS19, but as for that track pack? Can't find it anywhere on their website anymore.

Thanks for any help.
Woody

The track is a bit heavy and tends to draw in segments. I have that issue with other routes I've used that track on. Since you have trouble replacing the track all at once, you can do that in sections by either selecting the tracks using the selection option, or by using the per baseboard. I know, it'll be a pain either way and it's a large route to work with.

Back