Norfolk Southern - Sandusky District

I got stuck in middle of the interlocking towers. Is there a map or guide on where the paths go?

Unfortunately not, I completely redesigned and named the paths in Stage 3 as well. So can't help you at first. I install an old version of the route and try again to understand what the names were.

Please give me some time

Please give me some time

There we go....

The name always consists of the current track and where it should go, for example BEL NB to CMB SB means you are in Bellevue on the northward track and the path leads towards Columbus on the southward track. SAN to BEL Yard means you are a single track from Sandusky and the way leads you to Bellevue Yard. SAN to BEL Int leads you to the Interlocking in Bellevue. EB Eastbound / WB Westbound / NB Northbound / SB Southbound, theoretically assumed that the left track goes south and the right track goes north. Or the upper one goes westwards, the one below eastwards-> Picture 1

Dynamic labels only give you a destination, without a location label. Mostly only in yards where it is not faster than 25mph. -> Picture 2

MissionCodes are labeled the same way -> From where to where - > Picture 3

All interlocking towers and their areas in one overview. -> Picture 4 and 5

An example: a train from Cleveland to Fort Wayne -> CLE - BEL (Yard East) - BEL (Yard West) - BEL INT - FWY

Picture 1

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4 and 5

I hope that help you a bit.

hi, can someone help where I can find the current Wheeling & Lake Erie train symbols? Or which traffic current in the west of the system exists.

And I am also still looking for sources and help with sorting the trains which are currently using the lines around Bellevue after some operations were suspended in the yard.

http://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/NS_Train_Symbols

This part of our sources, but on webcams you can find additional trains. The non-NS trains would also be interesting in this area.

The information is used to develop the current "Dispatcher Session" for the Sandusky District route.

I'm glad I saw this thread . Had this route . Had a blast running it . Time to redownload . Vary well done route and workmanship .

Matt

Good to see this is still going. I had forgotten I sent you my Columbus map with many missing deps. Not sure where you got on that but since then I have switched to 2019. I decided to merge Columbus into my current route after updating it. I also found that I had a pre TANE sp3 version saved so I installed TANE sp1 and shifted the height with Transdem. I unfortunately had some issues with conflicting kids so I had to go back and clone/replace. Anyways, I could send a shifted version to match your height if need be.

<snip>I unfortunately had some issues with conflicting kids so I had to go back and clone/replace.<snip>

Boy those kids must be causing a lot of noise to be interfering with you playing with Trainz. They must be hitting some big drums or something.

Nice to see you around Justin. I didn't touch the route since our last contact, because of the missing deps. But that's not a problem, private live has priority. Use it as inspiration as far as possible when I stand at the gates of Columbus at some point. The construction progress is sometimes slow, the farmland always slows me down because my motivation drops.

The route up to Chatfield with as small WE branch to Monroeville will be available soon. The next part's I'm working on is the "Bucyrus area", the "Gypsum Turn" and a new Dispatcher session with the actual traffic.

@JustinRoth...
I recall seeing screenshots of your Columbus route many moons ago, but it seems that the thread they were on is now in some sort of archived format and thus can't see the pictures. Would be cool to have a looksie at them for some inspiration if you still have screenshots.

@Escd84, are you planning to go into Columbus for your route modules, or stopping just short of it? I also must say your Sandusky route is one of my most traveled routes in Trainz, it being the most local to me being located in Columbus myself. I also read going back same pages on this thread that you did use Transdem for some chunks of the route, and also noticed JustinRoths comments regarding the height. Is it set to real world height based on the DEM, and is it set for UTM Zone 17?

I ask because I'm doing a lot of work on the the Miami Valley region and other parts of Central Ohio, with the priority being ex PRR and Erie /EL lines westward from Columbus, starting with the Bradford line from Columbus to Logansport IN. Abandoned in the early 80s, and as such I will be doing at least a post 1970 version utilizing Buckeye Yard (your Bellevue yard being an incredibly important inspiration and reference for construction in Trainz for this, by the way), and a pre 1970 version utilizing the hodge podge of yards once located in downtown Columbus. They will be as prototypical as research, resources, the game engine, and my own abilities will allow for the time periods, and utilizing 3m resolution DEMs and set in UTM zone 17, as Columbus will basically be the core of my system plan, as it were. Starting out with more rural sections however as I feel these are far easier and quicker to do.

But anyway, I suppose with all this excited rambling, the point is this got me daydreaming on the idea that one day in the future, when we achieve our goals and if the terrain technical details match up, Trainz may see quite the surge in Ohio representation with the potential for some merge compatibility and mega routes.

Nice to see you around Justin. I didn't touch the route since our last contact, because of the missing deps. But that's not a problem, private live has priority. Use it as inspiration as far as possible when I stand at the gates of Columbus at some point. The construction progress is sometimes slow, the farmland always slows me down because my motivation drops.

The route up to Chatfield with as small WE branch to Monroeville will be available soon. The next part's I'm working on is the "Bucyrus area", the "Gypsum Turn" and a new Dispatcher session with the actual traffic.

I also have Monroeville modeled if you ever need that.

I believe those photos were hosted on a defunct server. I shelved the Columbus route because at the time Trainz wasn't capable of the type of traffic control I wanted. I've since been working on a route based off of Madison Indiana and decided to merge Columbus into it. Not proto at all but I find more fun in freelancing.

@redbaran11: when I started the route in August 2015, I had no idea what it was going to be. As a result, the yard and the surrounding area are a level 0 baseboard. All extensions by TransDem are therefore not correct in terms of height and have to be adjusted. So there should be something around 70 meters difference. That’s why it’s not that easy to add Justinroth Columbus route. According to the current state of technology, I would have to build everything from scratch and I cannot copy anything. What will the goal be? No idea! As the name suggests, this line is the focus, but here and there I look for interesting extensions left and right. I am currently working in Gysum and Bucyrus, but tempting targets are within reach at each of the branches. But if I could dream then Rickenbacher Intermodal is the final destination. But there I see the limits of the game which will affect a route of this size. But somehow Toledo is still in my head as a destination ... I guess I need help. The good thing is that I build in small sections, so the finished route grows a bit every year.

@justinroth: Monroeville is the center of my WE branch. How far is your route? I had chosen that as a goal because there are 2 of the few industries on this section of the route.

In case anyone is interested, the release has been postponed because I discovered a time-consuming problem with the MissionCodes. They are there, but all paths are no longer.

@JustinRoth Ahhh that's a shame. I vaguely remember seeing them years ago and do recall seeing something about taking some artistic liberties. I was planning to do some of that myself, specifically a "alternate history" in which the abandoned lines are still running, and then "peeling it back", as it were, making neccesary adjustments going back in time. Actually any chance you'd mind getting some screencaps of it even in its merged state?

@escd not gonna lie i assumed it was built primarily using transdem. I myself live in Columbus so am familiar enough with the area covered that I really thought it WAS intended to be prototypical as it pretty much nails it. What do you need help with, exactly? Again being in Ohio perhaps I may be able to assist.

I wouldn't count out seeing the Rickenbacker Intermodal facility. I was planning to mine in sections as well and in fact it was reading your posts that made me realize it will be way easier and more efficient. But anyway as mentioned above will be starting out modern and working my way back in time so it'll be there in at least some form. Columbus is basically going to be the core from which the other modules merge to.

redbaran11,

I will warn you... Trainz, any version, tends to fall down when the routes get too large. We have all run into that the hard way. As a route grows and becomes complex, the AI-control, signals-control, and other internal code begins to get stuck. I know from experience with AI drivers stopping and getting stuck at green signal. Pressing pause and waiting a minute or two helped, but that only worked once and then everything gets worse. Saving at that one point and then starting over may seem to work, but that introduces more stuck things and signals don't come back to life and either remain red or don't light at all. N3V admitted there's an issue here that requires a complete rewrite of the underlying code. This is no easy undertaking and would also mean a lot of other broken things along the way. The problem we have here is legacy. There are routes, sessions, and content that date back decades now. With some routes dating back close to 20 years, one of mine for example is going on 17 years old now, and these would all be dead and have to be scrapped. As you can see, that's a tough pill to swallow not only for N3V but also their customers as well.

But, all is not lost. The alternative is an iPortal. The iPortal allows routes to be connected but separate by using an internet connection. A user ID connects the routes together via a remote connection. Trains are driven to the destination portals and then picked up on the other side either internally or via the internet on another user's PC. With huge routes, this becomes a means to run the longer distances without having everything fall completely down even though there is that inconvenience of loading up the next part of the route and dealing with the splash screen in between.

I downloaded the Route last night, not one missing item, and the Route is spectacular and has so much to offer.:Y:

Really appreciate the Map images with names, for a visual person like myself it makes a complete picture and sense of what the Route would most likely look like..:cool:

Thank you for making this for us.:wave:

JCitron,
At what point does this usually occur? I've run ESCD's Sandusky layout and various others I consider large (or in some cases massive) without any issues that I've noticed so far. But, I'm also still a newbie so perhaps haven't get played around with aspects that could lead to such events.

Squealing Hump sound as Trackbed noise

Can anyone please help. I am new to trainz when running the route all I can hear is the squeal of cars going down the hump. I tried to find it in the surveyor mode I tried deleting the KUID and I can not get it to go away or turn off. Anyways the route is awesome and reminds me of when I went to railfan in Bellevue with my dad.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums and Trainz!

The squeal-sound is created by multple objects.

I found HD Sounds Railyard <kuid2:404575:100528:2>, but there are other sound producer objects including some of the buildings.

Now, you can remove these from the route by outright editing the rout in Surveyor and deleting them. You will then have to run Delete Missing Assets which is found under the tools menu.

When you save the route, it'll be saved under your username, which means you'll have to clone the sessions and modify the route-kuid in the config.txt files to match the route. We can get to that at another point if you want to go that far. It's not difficult, but it's a pain.

The problem I foresee is finding all the sound-producing objects in the yard. You'll probably not find everyone since as I said not all are that asset and some are hidden under the terrain. You can see these by pressing F9 and going to grid view, but then some may be buried under buildings and that becomes worse to find. Believe me, I've been on a sound hunt before, and it took me hours to find some barking dogs and a coughing child.

Had a little time this year to find my way back to my old route. After Stage 3 has never been officially published for TRS19 due to the problems since SP3, it continues with Stage 4 and Bucyrus as the focus. The stage is built directly in TRS22 and I have to say that it speeds up construction progress immensely. I keep switching between old Surveyor and 2.0 depending on what I'm doing. The old Surveyor is for the details, somehow I have no learning success because it is very tedious in 2.0

• What was missed at Stage 3, only the WE extension to Monroeville, the extension to Chatfield, OH and the new ID sorting system at the two humps in Bellevue
  • What is there to say about the Stage 4 route, nothing special, a lot of farm landscape, a Railcar Complex and the interchange with CSX / CFE in the south around Bucyrus, OH and in the north the route is expand to Gypsum, OH

An overview of where we are and how far it is to the suburbs of Columbus

2797-b45ed4d1.jpg

Back