Norfolk Southern - Sandusky District

Wrong version my friend that's the old version 2.4 .... download all the TRS19 Sandusky routes and sessions and all will be ok.

Tom

The page before this one gets a "red screen" phising alert on Chrome, so can´t see it. I did try to download it yesterday but missing dependencies. My guess is that´s because my version of TRS2019 is region (US/Canada). Any chance of a working version for region any time soon? Looks real nice by the way, great job Sir. and thank you!

Mike

I did try to download it yesterday but missing dependencies. My guess is that´s because my version of TRS2019 is region (US/Canada).
Mike

Just a comment.. I have a purchased "full" edition TRS19 plus gold membership. I have little interest in railroading outside the U.S. so though I had access to the European (and other) routes I didn't want them in my lists, menu's, etc so I didn't download them. Then one day I decided to download the "full edition" routes and instantly my missing asset problems went away. I have a rather large SSD for assets so right then a there I decided to download all the payware routes just to get the assets. I then had NO missing assets on ANY route. (After fixing "open for edits", etc.)

I also discovered something else... Even if you have no interest in routes from other Regions, it is worth running those routes a time or time just to see "new" assets and Route concepts/ideas. For example, I have little interest in Japanese railroading but I found the "Japan - Model Trainz" route quite interesting and entertaining. That's just an example as there are many fine and "different" routes.

You might consider: Obtain a 1TB SSD and gold membership and load the thing up with Routes. If you really don't want to see a particular route or loco in your menus then simply disable that particular asset. Your number of missing assets will go way, way, down.

Disclaimer: I am not PRO or CON "membership" (gold/silver) - each person must weigh the benefits and drawback and decide for self. My point here is simply: Don't overlook the advantage of obtaining routes just to obtain the assets.

Last edited:
Just a comment.. I have a purchased "full" edition TRS19 plus gold membership. I have little interest in railroading outside the U.S. so though I had access to the European (and other) routes I didn't want them in my lists, menu's, etc so I didn't download them. Then one day I decided to download the "full edition" routes and instantly my missing asset problems went away. I have a rather large SSD for assets so right then a there I decided to download all the payware routes just to get the assets. I then had NO missing assets on ANY route. (After fixing "open for edits", etc.)

I also discovered something else... Even if you have no interest in routes from other Regions, it is worth running those routes a time or time just to see "new" assets and Route concepts/ideas. For example, I have little interest in Japanese railroading but I found the "Japan - Model Trainz" route quite interesting and entertaining. That's just an example as there are many fine and "different" routes.

You might consider: Obtain a 1TB SSD and gold membership and load the thing up with Routes. If you really don't want to see a particular route or loco in your menus then simply disable that particular asset. Your number of missing assets will go way, way, down.

Disclaimer: I am not PRO or CON "membership" (gold/silver) - each person must weigh the benefits and drawback and decide for self. My point here is simply: Don't overlook the advantage of obtaining routes just to obtain the assets.

This is how many of us gained a lot of assets in our libraries in the past. Downloading a route to check it out from the DLS, and voila a bunch of content was now available for route building. This was long before the DLC packages were available so the only method, outside of 3rd party sites, to obtain large quantities of assets at once, and this also saved a lot of time too, besides giving us assets we never thought of using. In many cases, the routes themselves were removed after playing with them due to one reason or another.

These routes too also are learning tools. If it wasn't for downloading and taking a look at how stuff was done, I wouldn't be building the kinds of routes I have today. As soon as a new route is obtained, I open it up in Surveyor to have a look around. I like to explore how the route builder did things and if I like what's done, I'll emulate what they did. George Fisher is my mentor in this respect. I learned a ton from opening up his old routes, and even took his Gloucester Terminal and adopted that as my Gloucester Terminal Electric, which is an electrified and much modified version of his original route.

Here's a bit of my route building from my own creation which is now going on 16 years old and greatly modified in places. In and around Hull with the city in the background, and the end of the Stratham branch, aka a bike trail today with the ubiquitous passenger car and caboose on a stub track next to the station now an ice cream parlor.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2018-01-23 171510.jpg
    2018-01-23 171510.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 461
  • 2017-07-09 132949.jpg
    2017-07-09 132949.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 460
Hi and,

Thank you both! I understand what your pointing out here, and I agree aswell but the whole point of buying the regional is for one, the initial price, and two, to see how TRS2019 is, works, and performs. To my luck, I bought it two weeks ago, and then the Black Friday sale. If I would have known, I would have bought the full version at the sale price. Not the first or last time something like this happens to us, but still the initial thoughts are the same. To be honest, the region pack really dosent have many routes to it, and now, that´s what Iam in need of as Iam farely new to Trainz, or at least just started to really dive into it.

So yes, I do like it quite alot (no matter what version), and do plan on expanding. So far Ive bought 5 locos from RRMods and very impressed with them. I also like the model railroad (TMR 2017) idea, bought those too (DLC pack for TANE), and Legacy of Burlington North II, but with this one, I havent had to much luck with TRS2019, it runs pretty bad, but with T:ANE it runs/looks great. My guess is that it´s not optimized for TRS2019 yet. It´s a bummer because the Trainz Shop says it´s also for TRS2019, which makes me doubt on what to buy from now on for TRS2019. In theory it´s all compatible, but then in real life not quite, or it´s just me.

With all that said, another reason to take step by step aside from the above, is that Iam learning all this as I buy, and try and I don´t want to burn myself just because I don´t know what Iam doing, especially with the assets/dependencies part of things. TRS2019 is farily new too, so it´s easy to run into problems as a newbi. Maybe if there´s another sale for the holidays, I´ll pull the trigger on a full version, and some more routes/locos :) Although slowly but surely...

Anyway´s, got the Trainz bug with me so, I´ll be all over Trainz as much as I can. Again thank you, very kind of you all for helping me out.

Mike

PS. Have Run8 V2, and Zusi 3 and these get love too, so I have to spread resources to all of them in a way.

Last edited:
Update February 2020

Again an update of the WIP. The "Stage 2" starts, where "Stage 1" ends near Bellevue. The yard in Bellevue has got a makeover again in this version. This section runs through Bucyrus, OH. There are few highlights on this section, some train crossings in Attica, Chatfield and Bucyrus. Larger industries are not available. But the Bucyrus Railcar Repair facility may be worth mentioning. So, that's it.

2725-38914439-large.jpg

2722-0d66b114-large.jpg

2718-10496fd7-large.jpg

2724-144d48e1-large.jpg

2717-f942270a-large.jpg

2721-731de1e1-large.jpg

2719-cb4030af-large.jpg

Last edited:
The modules were connected for fun. The "Stage 2" is almost done. Up to Delaware, OH (Stage 5) it is fun, after that the Columbus suburbs begin, and the fun will certainly end. The actually Norfolk Southern Sandusky District ends around the area where the route divides to Columbus and Watkins Yard. So far I have had fun building, even if I should lose my enthusiasm, I have already done a piece with which you can surely pass time.

17816-2019-03-03-004407-jpg
2797-b45ed4d1.jpg

Hi,

A pretty nice route, I like it very much.

I just have an issue with the trains coming from the portals in the multiplayer session. All the freight trains that have the "instant load" order that apears in most of the sheduled trains isn't working. The train comes out of the portal and when the "instant load" should take place the train stops working and wouldn't move forever, even deleting the shedule and give them new orders won't work, also the game performance decreases heavily.

Does anyone have the same issues too? We tried it as a multiplayer session with three people and it doesn't make a difference who is the host of the game, so we think it is the driver order "instant load" that doesn't work.

Looking forward to your response and I hope the problem can be solved.

Thanks for the advice, we tested a bit further...

It is not possible to add or delete orders in the portal manager tool, this must be done in editor and if I do it there would be an extra session to upload.

The order is only faulty in the multiplayer. In a singleplayer session everything works just fine with or without 10 sek delay. If you start a multiplayer session and leave the "host window" unattended at first the driver's order works fine, but at the time you open your session for other players as a multiplayer game the problems start to take place. It's a pitty cause all the industries that are in need of goods that come trough the portals don't work.

I hope there is a differnt possibility to get the trains loaded for multiplayer sessions, cause we really want to try this on the map.

Thanks and best regards

Back