Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norfolk Southern - Sandusky District

Default Norfolk Southern - Sandusky District

I think since it is a WIP in the early status it fits here certainly better than in the screenshot thread. Especially since I am always grateful for tips, criticism and all the stuff, I think this place is more suitable.

Years ago I had started the NS Yard in Bellevue for fun and also published on the DLS. This serves in its TRS19 version as a starting point for future extensions. As in the headline, theme is Norfolk Southern Sandusky District. Some baseboards are still added by hand, just like the Yard Module. TransDEM modules are being used in Sandusky and further south. The second picture shows the current size, just halfway to Bucyrus. I allow myself again the artistic freedom that all places are as far as recognizable, but definitely not prototypical or should be.

Starting point - Yard Module

Impressions to the south

And Sandusky area with my creation of the coal port

I'll be watching this for sure. I just happen to live in Sandusky, Ohio.

Need any info, I'm here.

-AL

I will gladly return to your offer AL when it comes to bringing life to the route.

My implementation of the coal dump. Sure something completely different from the original, but unfortunately I did not find anything suitable in Trainz.

And working in Sandusky for now

Thumbs up Your Route looks really interesting

Hello Sir,

Do I know where this is Nope I know where Ohio is though......Criticism ......Nope absolutely none.....

What I do know and see, you are doing a great job and heaven knows it is a large undertaking .

Thank you for the most interesting pictures, especially the Coal Dump you made. Looks like it took you some time to create this little section since nothing was available to you....

I applaud your efforts here........And will continue watching the progress......

I'll definately be keeping an eye on this one, I live 40 minutes east of Sandusky.

Beautiful work so far Escd84 !!! Bravo!!

@GP30Fan: Howdy neighbor

Clair
    An Equal Oppertunity Annoyer

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Very well done, sir. Keep up the great work and blend real life into a bit of artistic license. You've captured the gist of the area very well.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Can someone point me in the right direction. I'm looking for switch motor like in the following picture I found in the gallery.

Picture

I think this might be what you're looking for.
    https://socaltrains.weebly.com/scenery.html

Default June update

And a small update, Sandusky area is nearing the end, just a corner, then it goes further south. Cities are so time consuming.

And a few shots up close, try this time to keep the detail things near the track area.

@nfitzsimmons Thank you for your help, these are exactly the ones I was looking for!

United States of America, Fla., Spring Hill

Man are you series , it must have took you forever to dig all of those. Nice work, looking real good. May I ask what track your using.
    Last edited by Jayco-man; June 22nd, 2019 at 11:50 PM. Reason: update

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Jayco-man View Post
    Man are you series , it must have took you forever to dig all of those. Nice work, looking real good. May I ask what track your using.
    I was thinking the same regarding those gravestones. That's a lot of serious gravestone placing.

The track is from Jointed Rail. I can't remember if it's available under freeware or it comes in from their payware routes.

It's this track here:

<kuid2:506034:4357297:5> JR US track #3-132 (narrow ballast)
    <kuid2:506034:578257:9> JR US track #1-132 (narrow ballast)
    <kuid2:506034:582678:5> JR US track #1-132 (wide ballast)
    <kuid2:506034:578260:11> JR US track #1-132 rust (narrow ballast)
    <kuid2:506034:4357296:5> JR US track #2-132 (narrow ballast)
    <kuid2:506034:4357298:5> JR US track #4-132 (narrow ballast)

There's some matching ballast, which sadly N3V updated to PBR, but the LRW or JR NS Ballast textures work fine with this.

The track is also easily modified, and I've taken the ballast texture from their Spur track and applied it to this track with the rusty rails, and boy does that look good in yards and branches. Add to that bad track conditions, and the boxcars and hoppers bounce all over the place!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Thanks to all for the great comments!

John is right with the tracks and the ballast. All he has enumerated is build-in in TRS19. And the gravestone placing was a simple part with <kuid2:439337:100809:1> Cemetary or Graveyard Gravestones and Memorials, <kuid:309035:60181> Graves line 1, <kuid:309035:60182> Graves line 2 and <kuid:309035:60183> Graves line 3.

Columbus, Oh USA -by the Weber Connection!

Looks great! I am from Sandusky and grew up in Huron. I have thought about modeling it or at least the coal dumper. I live in Columbus now and have been working on a Columbus to Marion route based off of the Sandusky district. I have a thread of screenshots for it but haven't worked on it in a while.
    Check out my grungy electric piano based band, "Small Movies" at http://wearesmallmovies.com/

Default July update

Must of missed this one when you first started the thread Christian but I'll be keeping a eye on it from now on, Amazing work mate your attention to detail is second to none so keep up the great work.
    Cheers Mick.