Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Norfolk Southern - Sandusky District

Wrong version my friend that's the old version 2.4 .... download all the TRS19 Sandusky routes and sessions and all will be ok.

Tom
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 100240

The page before this one gets a "red screen" phising alert on Chrome, so canīt see it. I did try to download it yesterday but missing dependencies. My guess is thatīs because my version of TRS2019 is region (US/Canada). Any chance of a working version for region any time soon? Looks real nice by the way, great job Sir. and thank you!

Mike
    Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, EVGA GTX 1070ti 8GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB SSDīs.

Quote Originally Posted by blue2112 View Post
    The page before this one gets a "red screen" phising alert on Chrome, so canīt see it. I did try to download it yesterday but missing dependencies. My guess is thatīs because my version of TRS2019 is region (US/Canada). Any chance of a working version for region any time soon? Looks real nice by the way, great job Sir. and thank you!

Mike
    https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ty-news-Nov-29

I also report the reply which contains the phishing alert. It comes from a png in one of the signature of a user in this thread. But the mods did no action in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by blue2112 View Post
    I did try to download it yesterday but missing dependencies. My guess is thatīs because my version of TRS2019 is region (US/Canada).
    Mike
    Just a comment.. I have a purchased "full" edition TRS19 plus gold membership. I have little interest in railroading outside the U.S. so though I had access to the European (and other) routes I didn't want them in my lists, menu's, etc so I didn't download them. Then one day I decided to download the "full edition" routes and instantly my missing asset problems went away. I have a rather large SSD for assets so right then a there I decided to download all the payware routes just to get the assets. I then had NO missing assets on ANY route. (After fixing "open for edits", etc.)

I also discovered something else... Even if you have no interest in routes from other Regions, it is worth running those routes a time or time just to see "new" assets and Route concepts/ideas. For example, I have little interest in Japanese railroading but I found the "Japan - Model Trainz" route quite interesting and entertaining. That's just an example as there are many fine and "different" routes.

You might consider: Obtain a 1TB SSD and gold membership and load the thing up with Routes. If you really don't want to see a particular route or loco in your menus then simply disable that particular asset. Your number of missing assets will go way, way, down.

Disclaimer: I am not PRO or CON "membership" (gold/silver) - each person must weigh the benefits and drawback and decide for self. My point here is simply: Don't overlook the advantage of obtaining routes just to obtain the assets.
    Last edited by 1611mac; December 7th, 2019 at 07:11 AM.
    TRS19 SP1(Plus), Plus-105100, Plus Beta-105100
    ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    Just a comment.. I have a purchased "full" edition TRS19 plus gold membership. I have little interest in railroading outside the U.S. so though I had access to the European (and other) routes I didn't want them in my lists, menu's, etc so I didn't download them. Then one day I decided to download the "full edition" routes and instantly my missing asset problems went away. I have a rather large SSD for assets so right then a there I decided to download all the payware routes just to get the assets. I then had NO missing assets on ANY route. (After fixing "open for edits", etc.)

I also discovered something else... Even if you have no interest in routes from other Regions, it is worth running those routes a time or time just to see "new" assets and Route concepts/ideas. For example, I have little interest in Japanese railroading but I found the "Japan - Model Trainz" route quite interesting and entertaining. That's just an example as there are many fine and "different" routes.

You might consider: Obtain a 1TB SSD and gold membership and load the thing up with Routes. If you really don't want to see a particular route or loco in your menus then simply disable that particular asset. Your number of missing assets will go way, way, down.

Disclaimer: I am not PRO or CON "membership" (gold/silver) - each person must weigh the benefits and drawback and decide for self. My point here is simply: Don't overlook the advantage of obtaining routes just to obtain the assets.
    This is how many of us gained a lot of assets in our libraries in the past. Downloading a route to check it out from the DLS, and voila a bunch of content was now available for route building. This was long before the DLC packages were available so the only method, outside of 3rd party sites, to obtain large quantities of assets at once, and this also saved a lot of time too, besides giving us assets we never thought of using. In many cases, the routes themselves were removed after playing with them due to one reason or another.

These routes too also are learning tools. If it wasn't for downloading and taking a look at how stuff was done, I wouldn't be building the kinds of routes I have today. As soon as a new route is obtained, I open it up in Surveyor to have a look around. I like to explore how the route builder did things and if I like what's done, I'll emulate what they did. George Fisher is my mentor in this respect. I learned a ton from opening up his old routes, and even took his Gloucester Terminal and adopted that as my Gloucester Terminal Electric, which is an electrified and much modified version of his original route.

Here's a bit of my route building from my own creation which is now going on 16 years old and greatly modified in places. In and around Hull with the city in the background, and the end of the Stratham branch, aka a bike trail today with the ubiquitous passenger car and caboose on a stub track next to the station now an ice cream parlor.

Attached Images Attached Images
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Hi and,

Thank you both! I understand what your pointing out here, and I agree aswell but the whole point of buying the regional is for one, the initial price, and two, to see how TRS2019 is, works, and performs. To my luck, I bought it two weeks ago, and then the Black Friday sale. If I would have known, I would have bought the full version at the sale price. Not the first or last time something like this happens to us, but still the initial thoughts are the same. To be honest, the region pack really dosent have many routes to it, and now, thatīs what Iam in need of as Iam farely new to Trainz, or at least just started to really dive into it.

So yes, I do like it quite alot (no matter what version), and do plan on expanding. So far Ive bought 5 locos from RRMods and very impressed with them. I also like the model railroad (TMR 2017) idea, bought those too (DLC pack for TANE), and Legacy of Burlington North II, but with this one, I havent had to much luck with TRS2019, it runs pretty bad, but with T:ANE it runs/looks great. My guess is that itīs not optimized for TRS2019 yet. Itīs a bummer because the Trainz Shop says itīs also for TRS2019, which makes me doubt on what to buy from now on for TRS2019. In theory itīs all compatible, but then in real life not quite, or itīs just me.

With all that said, another reason to take step by step aside from the above, is that Iam learning all this as I buy, and try and I donīt want to burn myself just because I donīt know what Iam doing, especially with the assets/dependencies part of things. TRS2019 is farily new too, so itīs easy to run into problems as a newbi. Maybe if thereīs another sale for the holidays, Iīll pull the trigger on a full version, and some more routes/locos :-) Although slowly but surely...

Anywayīs, got the Trainz bug with me so, Iīll be all over Trainz as much as I can. Again thank you, very kind of you all for helping me out.

Mike

PS. Have Run8 V2, and Zusi 3 and these get love too, so I have to spread resources to all of them in a way.
    Last edited by blue2112; December 7th, 2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, EVGA GTX 1070ti 8GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB SSDīs.

8. Default

Such a fantastic route! Glad I spent the days upon days downloading assets.
    ~Time is like a river, it flows only forward, never back.~