Unable to save session

normhart

Trainz Entry Level
I imported a route from TR12 via folder to TRS19 which seems to have gone well, no errors.

However, every time I try to create a session for the route the game insists that I create (or overwrite) a new route and session. No way to just create a session.

I have tried saving the route under a new name in TRS19, same problem.

I have tried importing the route from TANE (where it works fine, including creating sessions) via CDP, still the same problem.

What am I missing?

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
What is/are the error message(s)?

No error messages. When I select Save or Save As the pop up window only offers me the option of overwriting the route and session or creating a new route and session, no option for saving the session only.

Last edited:
No error messages. When I select Save or Save As the pop up window only offers me the option of overwriting the route and session or creating a new route and session, no option for saving the session only.

That's odd, but have you tried overwriting the session and route method to see if that works?

I've gotten that message before when saving and followed along with no harm, but I would make a copy just in case to ensure things don't go awry for you as they can.

You cant just copy a folder into TRS19 and expect it to work as it is. TRS19 saves a route in a different way to 2012 and early Tane so it needs to resave the route into the form that it uses. Check your 2012 folder of the route and then look at the folder of a TRS19 route and see the difference.

Yes, I have let the game overwrite the route and session and then created a new session, the same thing happens when I go to save the new session I am given the same option, to overwrite route and session.

I have imported this route into TANESP3 with no problems, I am able to save sessions without overwriting the route.

I have saved the route as a new route in TANE at build 4.5 and imported that into TRS19 from a CDP, still the same problems.

I have saved the route as a new route in TRS19 at build 4.6 from all three imports (from TS12 49922 folder at build 3.6, from TANE cdp at build 3.6, and from TANE cdp at build 4.5) all three have the same problem.

I have tried merging the session layer into the route layer and saving that as a new route and then creating a new session, still the same problem.

I currently have 155 routes installed in TRS19 and 659 routes in TANE SP3 and I am not seeing this problem with any of them.

Although, if I remember correctly, I did see this problem when importing a route into TS12SP1 many years ago. I can't remember if I ever found a solution.

I'm not sure it's relevant but the route is Davesnow's Ozark Valley Railroad - "<kuid2:101046:100518:1> Ozark Valley Railroad Version 3.6 TS12" downloaded from the DLS.

In TS12 49922 I bulk replaced the 14 pofig trees and bushes with Auran speedtrees and bushes before exporting. Looks quite good in TANE. https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?242-USA-Pics&p=1750712#post1750712

Last edited:
I remember that issue too with TS12. I wonder if "things" have crawled back out of the hole again when fixing something else. You're definitely not touching anything in the session that would be on the route such as moving a switch lever or something? Those things can cause this to occur. Try just placing a railcar and see if that triggers this and do this in the session and not the route.

The good news is you are saving the route and session even though it's asking for both.

I imported this route too from TS12 into T:ANE and then on to TRS19. Mine is in a different form that I highly modified. :)

I then merged the route into the East Kentucky and Jointed Rail's American Intermodal, Midwest Grain and an other route. To connect from East Kentucky, I use the great hill on the Gilliam end as a divider and put in a tunnel. It works perfectly and the combined routes reminds me of the great change in terrain from the Ohio Valley up the palisades to Missouri and beyond.

I complained about this months ago. Any route under 4.5 does the "save a new route" routine. This is because the routes starting with tane have a completely different file setup.

If you create a new session and then do a save it will want both the route and session to be saved. This is so the session can be linked to that route as it is. If you edit a session and then save it will only ask to save the session unless you have done any route layer work. When you open a route and create a new session the map will actually be open in the route layer not the session layer.

Last edited:
Back