Base altitude changed with no apparent reason

RW912

Trans Europ Express
Hello all,

I am facing an issue and I have no idea how to solve it, I am building a route and today when I continued editing it, the altitude ( which was 0.00 yesterday) changed, it is now 1008.00
I have no idea what caused this behavior, when I open the Topology tab in Surveyor the value in the Height field ( under the Radius and Sensivity dial ) is at 0.00 but as soon as I click the Get Height selection icon ( without doing anything else ) the value changes to 1008.00.
I did a database repair and an extended database repair but that didn't help at all. This behavior doesn't appear in other installed routes so it is a problem with this route.

Anyone having suggestions for how to get the standard altitude back to 0.00?

Ron

Last edited:
Problem solved, the altitude number is in the route's config file, it was set at 1008.0 ( don't ask me why, I hadn't touched the config file at all ) I changed it to 0 and all is back to normal again.

Ron

Problem solved, the altitude number is in the route's config file, it was set at 1008.0 ( don't ask me why, I hadn't touched the config file at all ) I changed it to 0 and all is back to normal again.

Ron

Hmmm... That's interesting. I read your post and I was trying to figure out what went wrong to have caused that.

I have seen a similar issue with some Transdem created routes of mine, but there was a 108m difference between the displayed height of a spline node and the terrain on which it sits.

I've been poking around my installed routes and the altitude is set to zero (zed) on all routes regardless of the actual terrain starting altitude. This lends me to believe that this is an offset from 0 rather than an actual altitude.

I've been poking around my installed routes and the altitude is set to zero (zed) on all routes regardless of the actual terrain starting altitude. This lends me to believe that this is an offset from 0 rather than an actual altitude.

Interesting, I have tried to reproduce the problem by going back to the previous save and 1 by 1 install some assets I Installed before the change but alas, no succes, so the cause of the change is still a mystery to me. I remember the last thing I did before 0 changed to 1008 was changing the height of a sidewalk splinepoint just a little, an what Vern wrote might be related to the issue I faced....

Ron

This is a long standing issue - it was in TS12, it's in TANE, and I've experienced it in TRS19.

Never able to figure out what causes it, but just edit the config when it does happen.

Back