Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Industry New, - what's the secret?

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

I have been fighting the PL industry issues. Using the payware Hinton route that has non-working industries in the original install. You can get it to work but the the instructions are imprecise. I would suggest that things like the PL stuff should include a working example the customer could install and then work from it for their objectives. Add to that, N3V constantly changing the code and you have to be lucky to get it to work.

I will take another shot at LARS.I hope N3V keeps its hand off of the code that supports it.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

Australia, South Australia, Christie Downs

I am pretty sure Philskene put out some PL tutorials a few years back.
    Cheers,
    Mike

I'm using my clone PL track in TS2012 so I think it's fairly safe from N3V wanting to fiddle with the code. I have TS2019 and like it, but I build my own routes in TS2012 because I have so much old (but good) engines and rolling stock that I don't fancy having to mess about with to get them to work in TS2019.

I will admit I had to do a lot of staring at things in the config file in order to figure out what to do, but we got there in the end.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

HP XW8400 Xeon, Dual E5320 quad core CPUs, 16GB RAM, 1Tb SAS Hard drive, Nvidia GTX 960, Win 7.

Which is the simplest to use do you know Annie, LARS or ProtoLARS.

Never bothered much with setting up industries. But i guess it could make things more interesting.

Mike.

So far Mike I've found them to be about the same to use in practical terms. I set them up to load or unload a product and they just do it. I set up the loading tracks in the harbour on my layout months ago and have never had to touch them since.

HP XW8400 Xeon, Dual E5320 quad core CPUs, 16GB RAM, 1Tb SAS Hard drive, Nvidia GTX 960, Win 7.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Annie.

Would that be set up in the route layer or session layer.

I prefer things that retain their settings in the route layer.

So there is as little messing about as possible, creating a session.

Much appreciated.

Mike.

I always do them in the route layer Mike so I don't have to mess around every time I edit a session.

Thanks very much Annie, that is good news.

I just downloaded the ProtoLars bits and pieces from TPR.

The brain is getting tired now, so i will have a look tomorrow.

I very much appreciate all your help.

Best regards,
    Mike.

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I always do them in the route layer Mike so I don't have to mess around every time I edit a session.
    Careful here: If you install the M.I.N fresh on the route, you can set-up and it will be available on sessions. But if you install, set-up, save, and later decide that you want to change add or take away some commodity it may not show the changes on the session. The same effect happens when you set-up Junction Controllers; A fresh one will save as intended, but subsequent changes will not, and you will have to effect these changes in the session too (Pretty much a mirror of what you did in the route).

But does that apply to ProtoLars or just MIN, which i do not intend to use buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by llebrez View Post
    Careful here: If you install the M.I.N fresh on the route, you can set-up and it will be available on sessions. But if you install, set-up, save, and later decide that you want to change add or take away some commodity it may not show the changes on the session. The same effect happens when you set-up Junction Controllers; A fresh one will save as intended, but subsequent changes will not, and you will have to effect these changes in the session too (Pretty much a mirror of what you did in the route).
    And that is exactly why I'm not going to use M.I.N. anymore. If everytime I make a change to the session on my layout I have to go around every goods shed at every station on my line and set them all up again I'm going to get myself frustrated very quickly. Thank you very much for your advice on how to set up a M.I.N., but I've decided that I'm going to stay with using LARS and ProtoLARS tracks because they work, - and after several session edits as well as completely new sessions they continue to work without me touching them.

Australia, South Australia, Christie Downs

The Proto Lars allows raising and lowering of the industry track.
    Cheers,
    Mike

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Where is the current source for downloading LARS?
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

I downloaded LARS assets from the DLS, Dick.

Mike.

This is slightly dated (dialog doesn't look exactly the same with current asset) but I found this helpful when trying to sort out the wizardry required to config a MIN. For me, the fact there is a 256 limitation of some products was key.
    George - N3V Games QA & Beta Test Support