Multiple Industry New, - what's the secret?

Thank you for taking the time to reply Annie.

Would that be set up in the route layer or session layer.

I prefer things that retain their settings in the route layer.

So there is as little messing about as possible, creating a session.

Much appreciated.

Mike.

Thanks very much Annie, that is good news.

I just downloaded the ProtoLars bits and pieces from TPR.

The brain is getting tired now, so i will have a look tomorrow.

I very much appreciate all your help.

Best regards,
Mike.

I always do them in the route layer Mike so I don't have to mess around every time I edit a session.
Careful here: If you install the M.I.N fresh on the route, you can set-up and it will be available on sessions. But if you install, set-up, save, and later decide that you want to change add or take away some commodity it may not show the changes on the session. The same effect happens when you set-up Junction Controllers; A fresh one will save as intended, but subsequent changes will not, and you will have to effect these changes in the session too (Pretty much a mirror of what you did in the route).

Careful here: If you install the M.I.N fresh on the route, you can set-up and it will be available on sessions. But if you install, set-up, save, and later decide that you want to change add or take away some commodity it may not show the changes on the session. The same effect happens when you set-up Junction Controllers; A fresh one will save as intended, but subsequent changes will not, and you will have to effect these changes in the session too (Pretty much a mirror of what you did in the route).

And that is exactly why I'm not going to use M.I.N. anymore. If everytime I make a change to the session on my layout I have to go around every goods shed at every station on my line and set them all up again I'm going to get myself frustrated very quickly. Thank you very much for your advice on how to set up a M.I.N., but I've decided that I'm going to stay with using LARS and ProtoLARS tracks because they work, - and after several session edits as well as completely new sessions they continue to work without me touching them.

No problems with my AV, I am using Symantec End Point Protection. Your AV might be showing a false positive because the web site is not secure, it shows http instead of https.

John

Tried three different browsers and no luck. I run 3 concurrent anti-virus programs so getting an old HTTP is not going to come through.
Defender
Webroot
BitDefender

Well that was an interesting read. I've had a battle with M.I.N. and I see why. Anything will upset it, from the fact I believe most items should be selected as "Item" and not tonnes or litres (in some cases) and selecting more than 256 on some products (which it actually won't let you do), so I will avoid it like the plague! However Proto Lars is build 2.4, so I hope it will work as I am using T:ANE SP3. Time will tell but it will surely be better than that fiddly battle that is too much of a headache. With the game crashing in surveyor all too often, locking up in a session, I'll avoid this headache ;-)

Well that was an interesting read. I've had a battle with M.I.N. and I see why. Anything will upset it, from the fact I believe most items should be selected as "Item" and not tonnes or litres (in some cases) and selecting more than 256 on some products (which it actually won't let you do), so I will avoid it like the plague! However Proto Lars is build 2.4, so I hope it will work as I am using T:ANE SP3. Time will tell but it will surely be better than that fiddly battle that is too much of a headache. With the game crashing in surveyor all too often, locking up in a session, I'll avoid this headache ;-)

I have always avoided them even way back when they first came out. There's just too many options and their flaky nature even back then makes them difficult to handle.

From what I've read here, LARS is dusting off a computer soon after he returns from his vacation, and will be giving someone here the assets to update to work well in the current and future versions of Trainz.

I have always avoided them even way back when they first came out. There's just too many options and their flaky nature even back then makes them difficult to handle.

I'm glad you said that John because for ages I thought it was just because I wasn't one of the holy anointed who knew the arcane secrets of how to make M.I.N. work.

I'm glad that LARS will be revisiting his industry track assets and updating them because as old as the present versions are are they work every time without fail.

Back