AI locomotive doesn't want to couple

tom_soier

I can't make AI to couple a car. When I order him to do so, he starts moving to the right direction and then stops in the middle of turnout and stucks there forever. Message says "Waiting for track cleareance". But there is only a target car to be coupled in front of him.

f07aaae7e013.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yours is a common problem. Some times it couples sometimes it does not. Try this: Place the wagons to be coupled further away from the junction. The further away, the better. Minimum distnce would be a loco length. Try and report back. And check why it shows you are not registered.

Yours is a common problem. Some times it couples sometimes it does not. Try this: Place the wagons to be coupled further away from the junction. The further away, the better. Minimum distnce would be a loco length. Try and report back. And check why it shows you are not registered.

Thank you, I'll try.
Because this is my new nickname that I created today.
And last two times I bought Trainz was 2011. And first time registered in Planet Auran in 2004 after I bought my first Trainz 2004.

8cd4c024de53.jpg

818e9929abb5.jpg

No, it doesn't work.
I put the consist very far and the loco stuck at the same place.
And I noticed that it stopped responding to all commands (including go to trackmarker)

d853a5c406ea.jpg

If your registered products aren't showing here that they are registered, contact the helpdesk via the link at the top of the forum.

If your locomotives are not responding to driving commands, then there's something else going on such as a broken track at a MO-crossing asset such as a grade crossing, station, or industry, a disconnected where the splines are placed over each other but not attached, or a junction missing a lever.

To find out what the issue is, turn on your driver notifications by clicking on the spanner and choosing that option.

Also what does the red-bug show? This could be indicative of the problem you are having. Perhaps it's related to the coupling issue due to a faulty script. Click on the red-bug, highlight the error, and click more. Highlight the text, press CTRL+C and paste the test here in the message.

John is right: Some MO crossings can interfere with the automatic function going to couple. So, to clear your mind on the issue, set a piece of track isolated from everything. Put a trackmark and a wagon over it. Then put a loco away and issue the "Couple at trackmark" command. It should work. If not, goto Helpdesk. It should, so start adding the same items (points, signals, splines, etc.) you have on the original route and test each time until the fault happens. I found that doing very elemental basic trials, would solve sometimes impossible situations.

Back