Grazlash's Route Creations, Collaborations and Renovations

Does that model include the short line to the gun powder factory at Mulwala? I used to walk that line looking for spikes as a child. From memory it was served by a curious little loco which hauled 3 or 4 open trucks that looked like the NSWGR S trucks (not sure what the Victorian equivalent was called).
I hadn't quite got that far, but, yes it will. From what I could find, the munitions factory is still operating and is now owned by Thales. Not sure about the rail spur though, it was gone by 2005 on Google Earth. I think it would be a good thing to include for a bit of variety in running. The wagons were most likely I or GY, no idea what the loco would have been though. You might be able to find it in this booklet, Phil.
http://victorianrailways.net/vr history/power_parade1981.pdf
cheers
Graeme

Thanks for that link. It could have been one of the small diesel shunting loco's, like V56. My memory is very vague. But I do remember being pretty unimpressed by it. Around this same time I was spending every school holiday watching (what today I assume were) C30T loco's on the Grenfell line. They were much more impressive to a young boy!

No worries Phil. Unimpressive is the word I'd use for V56, it was little more than a glorified rail tractor.

I got a bit more work done on filling out Yarrawonga. With a new collaboration project about to get under way, I'm feeling a bit more urgency working on the ARTC Main South route.
Yarrawonga looking south
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

looking north

Willows and beech trees just don't cut it as a Peppercorn replacement
cheers
Graeme

Now that part is done, it's time to get back to the new collaboration project with Taggy, NSW Main Western Line. So far most of the track is laid, all of the roads are done between Orange and Molong and I've made a start on the main street of Molong. It's a huge, daunting route to work on and it's got a looong way to go. With all the building skills I had to use building the Illawarra route, this should be far easier despite the large towns. We'll be taking a lap around Mt. Panorama in no time.....
cheers
Graeme

I've made a start on the Main West at Molong, bedded down the texture pallette, worked out the TurfFX grasses to use and generally worked out what the route might look like.
Still a bit more to do here
Approaching Molong from the east

The old station building has now been repurposed as the town library.

Looking north from the junction

Now that trains no longer stop here, the line has been skewed away from the platform.

cheers
Graeme

Brilliant work Graeme!
It's got the most natural 'look' you could ever expect and I just love the reflective water shots - so real!
Your mother never knew she had a great designer in the family did she!!

Cheers mate!.
Roy

Thanks Forester and Roy! Good to have you back on the Trainz again, Roy.
A bit more work up around Molong done and my first train over the new section.
Bocoble Gap at dawn

Approaching Molong from the west

cheers
Graeme

I'm almost into Manildra to the west and about to power through Borenore to the east. I made a big change to the TurfFX, exchanging the green grass from the last shots to dry seedy grass. I did try a third TurfFX layer, but had to remove it as it tanked the framerate. We're now building in TRS22 with all the goodies that go along with it, especially the new gum tree groups. Baby steps at this stage with Surveyor2.
Heres a few pics at various times of the afternoon.

cheers
Graeme

It's a long time since I've posted, as "other" things drew my attention away from Trainz. I recently got the Main West route back from Taggy after he had done some more work on the route and have rediscovered the enjoyment of building. Here is a series of shots showing the process of building Manildra in NSW. There is still a ton of work to do in the town, but most of the basics are now done.

continued....

....continued.

At the other end of the line, I have built most of the scenery almost into Orange. Hopefully it won't be too time consuming, Manildra has taken five days so far and Orange is much larger.
Good to be back in the saddle again!
cheers
Graeme

Back