Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grazlash's Route Creations, Collaborations and Renovations

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Grazlash,
    Those screenshots look great! You are doing a fantastic job at upgrading these routes.

Heinrich505

Thanks Zsuda, Horace and Heinrich.

Illawarra and Mossvale WIP
    I have received the route back from Taggy after he had laid track on the southern half. After an initial hiccup the route merged perfectly with everything intact.
    I had a bit of time to spare this afternoon while nutting out the merging problem and decided to update the textures on a backup copy to PBR just to see what it would look like.
    Here's the results

I reckon it came up looking alright, although if we go that way there's some textures I'd use differently.
    cheers
    Graeme

Illawarra, South Coast and Moss Vale WIP
    or Burbs to the Blowhole and the Bush

This is an overview of the entire route, now that it is merged and updated to PBR.

It's a very large route and while the trackwork is mostly complete, I've really only scratched the surface with the scenery. Once all the textures were converted to PBR I tidied up a few things which weren't looking right.
    I've added a few baseboards in the water to have a horizon rather than a huge jagged edge and sculpted a few mountains on new boards to the west.
    Today I spent a couple of hours doing the remaining basic scenery around Bulli, heres a few shots

There's still a bit to tidy up around Bulli before I start working towards Woonona.
    cheers
    Graeme
    Last edited by grazlash; June 19th, 2019 at 08:26 AM.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Grazlash,
    That route is amazing, and as you say, big! Sutherland is practically Sydney. Your shots are really great. I especially liked the ones looking down the rails towards the station.

I had to pull up Google Earth to check the actual area, as I wasn't sure exactly where it was located. Does the train line go all the way to Medway?

The merge looks really great. Very nice work!

Heinrich505

Incredible work on this route Graeme and I just love the textures. We can all learn something from what you do, thank you.

You are nailing it all the way mate.

Cheers,

Roy

Graeme is a master in Scenery.

Yes, the Map is massive. It covers virtually all of the South Coast line including the Cross Country line to Moss Vale, except Bomaderry. I do have the DEM for the Kiama to Bomaderry section but that will have to come later on.
    The Moss Vale part is only for trains to have somewhere to go. It finishes a few KM's out either side. The Yard is fully laid and the Berrima Cement works is also completed. AI trains will probably run through this short area while you shunt a train from Port Kembla or service the Cockatoo Run.
    At Sutherland, the Cronulla and National Park branches are also part of the map but hasn't been laid out as yet. I'll worry about that when Graeme is ready to work in the Sydney section.
    I never thought when I started building this map that it would come to life so beautifully like it has. Graeme works hard on it while also working on others and his own projects as well.

It is an inspiration to all of us, that's for sure!

Looks truly amazing Graeme and Aaron. As Roy said there is plenty there to get inspiration from (the escarpment is something I am going to try).
    Could you please advise what the track is being used in the shots in post #33?
    Cheers and thanks.
    NickE

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the nice comments.
    @Heinrich505, yes the line will go to the quarry at Medway eventually.
    @Roy, thanks mate, I really enjoy working with the PBR textures. There's a good selection now, but more would always be welcomed.
    @NickE, the track is SAM Trk - B70 v2

I put in a few hours over the weekend, shaping terrain before plonking down a few assets and a bit of detailing. I'm working between Bulli and Woonona and it's a bit slower going than usual because of the increasingly dense urban areas.

cheers
    Graeme

Very nice well done,
    Steve

Graeme. Thanks for letting me know about Sam Trk-B70.
    I've been using DavidO's NSW Concrete track everywhere for years and this is the first track I've seen that looks like a great replacement.

And thanks for the new screenshots.
    Cheers
    NickE

I've almost got the texturing and basic assets into Woonona, not far to go now! Once that's done I'll apply a bit finer detail between Bulli and Woonona.

cheers
    Graeme

A few more from building today, Woonona is starting to take shape.

cheers
    Graeme

Beautiful detailing Graeme - Top stuff, mate.

Cheers,
    Roy

Thanks Roy, your compliments are very much appreciated.
    I only had a couple of hours of building today mainly detailing around Woonona station.

cheers
    Graeme