Grazlash's Route Creations, Collaborations and Renovations

Great work Graeme.
I really like the way you get the hills and valleys in the distance to fade off so realistically. You certainly have camera angles worked out.

Well done,
Tom

Thanks for the kind words guys, sorry it's taken so long for an update.
Work is continuing on the route and although a lot of work has been done it seems there is little to show for it, as I've mainly been concentrating on filling the gap into Pt Kembla. Dapto is almost filled out, scenery down the hill to Farmborough Heights and slowly moving toward North Wollongong.
A night shot of Fairy Meadow
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Same shot in daytime
cheers
Graeme

This series of shots gives a general overhead view of some of the scenery done so far.
Berry

Geringong

Albion Park

Robertson

Summit Tank

Backwater at Bellambi / East Corrimal

PBR rockface with water overlaid

Dapto

Dapto shops

cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Well another month has passed and with it the route has passed 50% complete going by baseboards. It's all down hill from here hopefully!
Over the last few weeks I've been mainly attending to some much needed detailing and extending the scenery to Dapto, Calwalla and a little toward Nowra. The Shoalhaven Manildra starch plant is taking shape and it won't be long before I start on the Wollongong area. I managed to find a video of the line from Kiama to Central, which will be a great help for adjusting the terrain north of Stanwell Park. Many truckloads of pixels will be needed as fill.
An over view of the entire route.

cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Over the last couple of weeks I've been busy with detailing and tidying up a few neglected areas. The Manildra starch plant at Bomaderry is almost done along with the scenery to the east on the northern river bank.
A few pics to show progress.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a few more shots up soon
cheers
Graeme

Keep up the good work Graeme.

Do you mind if I ask what that points lever is - it looks quite a lot better than the one I have been converting to (an old Natvander lever).

Thanks Phil, it's one of S301's VR WSa levers from the Healesville route.
Just a few more shots form tonight's inspection tour - jotting down flaws and things needing more attention later on.
South of Berry

Between Berry and Geringong

Approaching Geringong from the south

A bit of tunnelling between Geringong and Kiama

Oak Flats

cheers
Graeme

Thanks Phil, it's one of S301's VR WSa levers from the Healesville route.

cheers
Graeme

OK, thanks Graeme. I found it in my 'all optional content' install. It is payware. Since my aim is to release routes which use only base or DLS content I wont be able to use it. Drat!. Zec, if you are watching would love it if you would upload this to the DLS.

Hi Grazlash
Your South Coast route is looking great and I cannot wait to use it when finished.My question is however what is the current status with the Benalla to Oaklands and the Oaklands Branch route.

Thanks
Robert2004-1

Hi Robert, the Oaklands branch has been attached to the ARTC Main South route and is still in the process of being built and the rest updated to TRS19. The South Coast route is my main priority at the moment, with the upgrade to Goulburn Murray lines nearing completion and currently getting some attention. There is still a lot to get done on the Oaklands branch, but once Goulburn Murray is released I'll have more time for it. I generally only work on them while Taggy is working on the South Coast route or if I need a break from the coast route.
cheers
Graeme

While Aaron has the South Coast route I thought I may be able to get some work done on Goulburn Murray Lines, all of the texturing is now complete with just some detailing to go on the new section. I plan to do some more adjustments on the older parts of the route to bring it closer to my current standards.
Stanhope

Colbinabbin

Waranga West Channel

Waranga Irrigation Channel at Colbinabbin

cheers
Graeme

I received the South Coast route back from Aaron and his detailing work on the stations looks awesome, like they're actually in use.
After taking a look around and making a few adjustments, I settled on bringing the scenery into Kiama. It's a busy area with Dunmore, Minnamurra and Kiama, a few large quarries, a lot of bridges and tunnels and creeks and rivers.
Just a few shots of the beginnings of Kiama
Kiama caravan park will be on the left

Getting relative heights sorted and placing the first buildings

A few more assets south of the station

An overview of the map around Kiama.

cheers
Graeme

Back