Grazlash's Route Creations, Collaborations and Renovations

Thanks Dangavel and Aaron.
A bit more work on Robertson today. I haven't felt like doing much else as I had a carcinoma removed from my nose yesterday.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Hi Graeme, you're showing fabulous screenshots which make me desire more of it ;-). But just one question, what tracks are you using on your map, I'm looking for tracks fitting into my US-based map and I think the ones shown above will do the trick.

Greetings,

Marcel

I've managed to get a fair bit done to the Robertson area over the past few days, so it's time for a few action shots.

cheers
Graeme

Tungamah to Devenish on the Oaklands branch.
ARTC Main South/ VR North-east v2 WIP
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Two beautiful works in progress! Not sure if it was just the videos, but it sounds like the locos need reworks of their sound files....

Thanks Roy, Phil and Forester1, the older loco's are definitely having a few "issues" and not just sound. :D

It's slow going between Bellambi and Corrimal, so many houses. I've sped up the process slightly by using copy paste on a group of 3 houses with trees and light post. Still slow but saves time on placement especially light posts.

There was also a lot of terrain adjustment to do, as I originally had the road going beneath the tracks, until I looked a bit closer on Google earth. :eek:
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
I've now reached Corrimal with the basic scenery and there's now just some tidying up and basic detailing to do before I hand the route back to Aaron.
Corrimal Station and coking plant

Bellambi lagoon

​Overlooking Bulli

cheers
Graeme

I've now reached Corrimal with the basic scenery and there's now just some tidying up and basic detailing to do before I hand the route back to Aaron.
Corrimal Station and coking plant

Bellambi lagoon

​Overlooking Bulli

cheers
Graeme

Its looking really good Graeme. Are there release/upload plans yet? Any ETA?

Thanks for the compliments Roy, Phil and Tom.
I don't think a release would be coming anytime soon, the scenery is motoring along but I dont think I would have hit 20% yet. The route is huge and there is still more to merge on to take it to Nowra. Some sections are faster than others and I find that building in different places around the route, it doesn't become tedious.

These are a series of shots while testing some environment settings, from all over the Illawarra South Coast route.

12 midday Coalcliff

2pm Coalcliff

4pm Scarborough

5pm Austinmer

6:15pm Thirroul

Well, that was fun. I was happily building away copy/pasting trees, laying roads, cliffs and grass splines when I noticed movement on the route slowing down and becoming jerky. I ran a train over the new section and looked at the profiler, 2.8 FPS. A real slideshow. That kind of threw a spanner in the works. I loaded up the previous backup of the route and was getting 27 FPS on heavy scenery. Back to where I was working on the current version 3.1FPS on the same section. Hmmmmm. What was the cause?
I began by deleting the DG cliff splines as I thought these might be dropping performance, but no, 3.9FPS. Too many trees, lets cull 30% of them, 4.5 FPS. 2 layers of TurfFX recently added were deleted and made no difference. I then recalled laying 5 kms of a JVC grass spline, surely that can't be it. It's skinny and not very detailed - but what a performance hog!! I deleted the grass splines and instantly I was back up to 30 FPS. On the working copy, I did some performance tuning and removed the grass splines, DG cliffs on the Moss Vale branch and then swapped the speedtree gum group for a larger single tree and ran the profiler, 45 FPS in heavy scenery area and pegged at 60 FPS in blank areas. Much healthier.

Where are we up to?

The route now includes the section from Kiama to Bomaderry/Nowra. A bit more to do but the route wouldn't feel complete without it.

North section

South section

I've really only just started on this section, but it will see some more buiding shortly

West section (Moss Vale branch)

This is probably the quickest area to build because of the lack of urban areas between Robertson and Unanderra.

Once the section to Summit Tank is complete, I'll be heading back to the Albion Park area to tidy up and extend.
cheers
Graeme

Texturing and detailing are motoring along nicely on the Illawarra route. Urban areas are still a nightmare, but being able to scoot to another area when they become tedious helps a lot to keep motivation levels up.
Taggy is way ahead of me with wiring and trackwork, but there's still plenty left to do. I spend a whole building session laying out roads, which gives about a week worth of texturing before I have to hit the roads again.
Here's a few shots between Albion Park and just south of Dapto.

cheers
Graeme

Back