Grazlash's Route Creations, Collaborations and Renovations

It's so great what you are doing. The video is very nicely done. :Y:

I love your work, Graeme! I'm already enjoying the Wingersheek route and the Morristown route - I'll look forward to your others. I know they will be fantastic.

Gary

Hi Graeme
I really like the way you are bringing older routes up to date with what seem like relatively simple changes. The tips and explanations are very useful.
Your work is quite inspiring.

Tom

Thanks Gary and Tom for the kind words. "Inspiring", I feel humbled :)
Just a quick screenie from the Geelong line in surveyor.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

MELBOURNE - GEELONG WIP
I spent a bit of time yesterday getting the textures swapped over to PBR and a bit of building around South Dynon. There were a few repairs to be done such as a raised tunnel face and a couple of holes to fill.

cheers
Graeme

Where did you get a hold of the Melbourne skyscrapers? Rialto Melb Central, Collins Place etc? Have looked on DLS but unable to locate. Screenshots are very close to real. Regards

Thanks Bolivar. The skyscrapers were made by H222 specially for the route in sketchup along with AAMI Park, MCG, Marvel, Fed square etc.
cheers
Graeme

Fantastic work Graeme and your attention to detail is spot-on.

I'm thoroughly enjoying every screenshot mate.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Roy. I'm pleased to be able to show some progress on this route, because you can do 2 hours work on it some days and see hardly anything for it.
cheers
Graeme

There hasn't been a lot of work done anywhere over the past week, illnesses in the family and then myself which dented my motivation a bit. I loaded up the Geelong route with a dozen consists or so in the Melbourne yard area and took a few shots.

South Dynon standard and broad gauge turntables

Dynon standard gauge goods yard

Tottenham west yard, cut off from an ex Geelong oily.

T class running light engine to South Dynon passing the first classification tracks

Approaching West Footscray and passing the second classification tracks

cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Nice shots Graeme. The Geelong is looking good. Hope you are feeling better. Just driving around on your layouts are quite theraputic, I find. :D

Gary

Thanks Gary,
I spent a bit more time on the South Coast route today adding a bit more scenery as we head toward Bellambi. Not far to go now.

These yards backing on to the rail line were very fiddly to get looking right and I'm still not satisfied. One building sticks out like a sore thumb.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Hi Graeme.
In Post #64 above - could you give me the name of the Bridge that features in the shots.
Have just found a need for something just like it.
Love your work. Scrap Yard is excellent.
Cheers and thanks
NickE

Thanks NickE, The bridge is the Maribyrnong River bridge by the late Ben Dorsey [FONT=&quot]<KUID2:210518:8359:1>
cheers
Graeme[/FONT]

Thanks Aaron, it looks even better when you look over the fence. :hehe: I almost have the scenery into Bellambi by the tracks, I'll then catch up on the outside before moving back north again. I'm going to try to get the scenery at least to the first tunnel by the end of the week.
cheers
Graeme

Very impressive, I was on the Overland a few months back so it all looks rather familiar. I hope your track is in better condition than some of the mainline , I thought we were going to derail on a few occasions. :)

Thanks Aaron, it looks even better when you look over the fence. :hehe: I almost have the scenery into Bellambi by the tracks, I'll then catch up on the outside before moving back north again. I'm going to try to get the scenery at least to the first tunnel by the end of the week.
cheers
Graeme

Sounds good mate, look forward to seeing it. :)

Very impressive, I was on the Overland a few months back so it all looks rather familiar. I hope your track is in better condition than some of the mainline , I thought we were going to derail on a few occasions. :)
Thanks Dangavel, it looks like too many trains and not enough repairs to mudholes. Mind you, that's always been the way.
cheers
Graeme

Graeme.
Have checked out the Maribyrnong River Bridge.
You must have a re-skinned version of the bridge. Ben's is different.
The one you are using is much more "Australian".
Cheers
NickE

Back