Script question for Justin C.

justinroth

Sorry, your inbox is full. My bad if posting this here is bad form. I have been using RRsignals scripts for my signals, but the latest tane updates have caused some problems. I was wondering if it would be cool if I made versions of my signals that used your script?
I was also wondering if you had a N&W script? It seems the safetran script would suffice except for lred, the middle red lamp or in case of N&W the lower center would have to be off during a clear or approach aspect. Thanks, J.

Yes it would be "cool" if you used them. I could also suggest a method or even make a change to something if you needed to display a certain thing. Just post here if you require any guidance.

Sometimes I do leave the pm inbox full on purpose because I get so many messages about irrelevant things that I miss messages that are more important. I am much more likely to see something posted here.

Yes it would be "cool" if you used them. I could also suggest a method or even make a change to something if you needed to display a certain thing. Just post here if you require any guidance.

Sometimes I do leave the pm inbox full on purpose because I get so many messages about irrelevant things that I miss messages that are more important. I am much more likely to see something posted here.

Awesome. Thanks. Honestly the PRR script altered would work for N&W signals. The only change would be the center marker on the lower head would have to turn off for a clear and approach aspect. I'm not positive how much work that would make for you as I don't script but otherwise the indications are identical.
Edit:I thought it over and here's what I figure. The only time when the lower head center red lamp is lit is at a stop indication. I could accomplish this all with one mesh and three attachment points. This would mean that there is no need for a script "call I guess?" For a red aspect on the second head however, the second head would have to display restricting (reverse diag.) Clear (vert) and approach (diag.)

Last edited:
I have a feeling that what you need could be done without altering anything. There were a few tricks used with the PRR position lights. You could take a look at the existing ones to see how they are built. There is only one point for each signal head to attach to unlike say the older signals that have one point per lens. Some of this is detailed here: http://jointedrail.com/content/manual/smartsignal/prr/

Following this method, colors or specific lenses do not need to be activated by the script as the information for all of that is in the mesh that loads for a specific aspect.

I have a feeling that what you need could be done without altering anything. There were a few tricks used with the PRR position lights. You could take a look at the existing ones to see how they are built. There is only one point for each signal head to attach to unlike say the older signals that have one point per lens. Some of this is detailed here: http://jointedrail.com/content/manual/smartsignal/prr/

Following this method, colors or specific lenses do not need to be activated by the script as the information for all of that is in the mesh that loads for a specific aspect.

Ok. I'm assuming I need to purchase a route with these signals? Which one includes all types?

Back