Erie Lackawanna Mahoning Division route

deadpoolmx55

LETS GO PENS!
Hi all! im getting to the point with this route that so much is done that its impossible to quit, being able to see the daylight at the end of the tunnel if you will. ive been working on this on and off for about a year, and have custom signals, buildings and more
its about 100 miles of route but the main line on the Second district is 78 miles long.
so here is the info a lot of people have been asking for, It is in Trainz 19, because i like the look and the features of the game.
the Era is Early to Mid 70's
HERE is a route map i have made to show the exact mileage and line my route consists of. click the highlighted text for the line.
Below is the Elevation Profile of the route from beginning to end
deadpool_5cd8b2b2b832e.PNG

here is the line map. again click the link above for a more in depth view.
deadpool_5cd8b32558952.PNG

and here is my actual route, its way longer than i want it to be, but it will get trimmed down
deadpool_5cc7a5b7d3dfd.PNG

here are some shots from the last couple days
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
real world locations

XN tower where the B&LE and the EL crossed at Shenango yard, just south of greenville PA
deadpool_5cd8b5aa6f4ac.PNG

Meadville Diesel shops
deadpool_5cd8b5aa353f4.jpg

Sharpsville Bridge

deadpool_5cd8b5aa13343.jpg

Your work never fails to astound me . the fact you've only been working on this for a year , is itself astounding . The shots posted have always been inspiring , and the work shows . Please keep them coming . will be a must if ever released .

Matt

I concur with the others. This is a spectacular route and the screenshots really show off your attention to detail. It will be a real kick to run consists on this. [Note to self - beef up EL equipment and PC equipment.]

Thanks so much for your hard work and research.

Heinrich505

Your work just blows me off this planet and to Mars of how well of a job and detail you do. Every time I see your shots, I know exactly who it's from without seeing the name. Not just being EL, but the quality and detail that it presents.

Maybe a question I missed , is this planning to be personal freeware release, or part of JR Payware ?

Cannot wait either way!

thank you all for the kind words!
but first answers.
Yes it will be payware at JR
let me to start the "route tour" at the biggest and baddest yard on the route, Meadville PA. I grew up here, seeing trains from CR to NS to WNYP, today its only a measly 6 track yard, the yard tower still is there, been in it and looked around. pretty neat.
Meadville yard featured Car shops, which Conrail used as their primary Cars hops for Years until moving the operations to Holidaysburg. in the mid 90's. my grandpa worked there for years, from EL to CR.
it also had Engine facilities. which still stands and is used by the city's water department as storage.

deadpool_5cd9fb76097a4.jpg

deadpool_5cd9fb7587ace.jpg
deadpool_5cd9fb75d5296.jpg

Now for Real life locations

deadpool_5cd9fc15a4d7f.jpg
deadpool_5cd9fc159820e.jpg
deadpool_5cd9fc157f495.jpg
deadpool_5cd9fea7ca217.jpg

and today

deadpool_5cda0153484c1.PNG

Last edited:
Glad you are doing the route in it's ERIE RR hey day … As with Conway, Pitcairn, CP Conpit, Johnstown, Cresson, Altoona, Holidaysburg, Huntingdon, Lewistown, Marysville, Harrisburg, Enola … all these places, as well as the entire now 2 tracked NS Line, are nothing what they looked like in the good ol' days

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Seriously though, this route looks amazing, and it will be a must-buy for sure.

Matt

Hi all, lets throw it back to 1967, the Vietnam war is in full swing, and the EL just received Brand new SD45's from EMD,

Last edited:
My thought about the kerosene lantern switch machines, is that they were never electrified with electric light bulbs, and filling them with kerosene and trimming the wicks daily would be expensive and time consuming, so they were largely left unfilled and unlit

Last edited:
Back