Erie Lackawanna Mahoning Division route

My thought about the kerosene lantern switch machines, is that they were never electrified with electric light bulbs, and filling then with kerosene daily would be expensive and time consuming, so they were largely left unfilled and unlit
please dont comment on my threads anymore, id appreciate it, thanks

Great screenshots, but there's just one thing missing in these screenshots...
oh yeah there it is... WHERE'S THE VARIETY IN THE CONSISTS? I'm honestly tired of seeing the same few 1970's JR cars over and over again ad nauseum and I would love to see reskins and mesh designs with prototypical accuracy. Oh, yeah, RGCX covered alot of that on the DLS, same with Davesnow and Majekear

oh yeah there it is... WHERE'S THE VARIETY IN THE CONSISTS? I'm honestly tired of seeing the same few 1970's JR cars over and over again ad nauseum and I would love to see reskins and mesh designs with prototypical accuracy. Oh, yeah, RGCX covered alot of that on the DLS, same with Davesnow and Majekear

You and me both. Speaking as the creator of much of the rolling stock in question, I have a new old house and a day job. I'd love to do this for a living, but payware rolling stock is neither a popular concept within the community nor one that I particularly want to pursue. 1970-1979 is my decade of choice, and I do what I can to fill the chasms of unavailable content. I'm sure you're aware that there just aren't that many of us interested in the second transition era, though it's getting better. In my choice between quantity or quality, quantity loses every time. I have no negative comment towards other creators, but I think I can speak for deadpool in that he tries as much as possible to keep to a particular look in the rolling stock he uses--different creators just have different styles.

Last edited:
It's really hard to model the EL in particular in terms of traffic, especially since they seemed to specialize in out of the box loads, high and wide traffic, et cetera. Even with something as simple as TOFC we really lack proper variety in stock and loads to really properly do the consists justice, especially when (like Adam said) trying to strive for a particular look and/or feel in the equipment used.

With all that out of the way, it looks GREAT Justin, keep it up!

The bridge shots and the detail of the water and plants in and around it is amazing! The last shot could be a photograph. Your talent really shows. :Y:

Heinrich505

Like others have stated these shots are amazing and at times near photo-realistic. Trainz can be a beautiful thing to witness through the eyes of others and their vision.

@simulatortrain @john2002 @jacksonbarno I agree with you all on this sentiment as the transition period is a oft-overlooked period for rolling stock. It seems to not be a popular time to cover given the dismal state of railroads back in that period. I'm fascinated by the seventies due to the variety of rolling stock found in the period as well as the aesthetics of the rail industry in North America. 40' boxes, pre-war rollingstock, the large cars (auto boxcars), modern grain cars, TOFC and increasing numbers of ocean containers, and the variety of autoracks were common in this period and rolling stock that was hauled by the Erie Lackawanna in its final years. Deadpool's photos allow me to travel in time to see a railroad long gone now.

He could do that; but why would you want sub par reskins of TRS 2004 models in your TRS19 route?

Wasn't EL after 1976 mostly Conrail by the closing of the year?
Secondly during the 60's and 70's would there still be some rolling stock that featured wooden construction of some type.

Wasn't EL after 1976 mostly Conrail by the closing of the year?
Secondly during the 60's and 70's would there still be some rolling stock that featured wooden construction of some type.

Yes to both questions. Conrail assumed control of all the EL that wasn't destroyed by Hurricane Agnes. The following years after saw the large abandonment of the EL mainline west of Marion, OH that ran through Indiana to Chicago, while NJDOT came to operate the commuter operations in New Jersey.

Rolling stock of wooden construction still roamed the rails but had to have been very rare towards the latter half of the decade.

He could do that; but why would you want sub par reskins of TRS 2004 models in your TRS19 route?
because that's the best representation of the paint scheme that's available of certain cars in Trainz to this day (I sure wish there were better ones)

Yes to both questions. Conrail assumed control of all the EL that wasn't destroyed by Hurricane Agnes. The following years after saw the large abandonment of the EL mainline west of Marion, OH that ran through Indiana to Chicago, while NJDOT came to operate the commuter operations in New Jersey.

Rolling stock of wooden construction still roamed the rails but had to have been very rare towards the latter half of the decade.

What types of wooden rolling stock would still be used cause all i can think of are boxcars and stock cars and maybe some of the usra gons?

The ones you listed, barring the occasional MofW equipment or wooden caboose that hadn't been retired already.

deadpool_5ce499b8346db.jpg
deadpool_5ce499b80e525.jpg
deadpool_5ce499b736480.jpg
deadpool_5ce499b7893d3.jpg
deadpool_5ce499b7b0f04.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Justin :),

I'm really looking forward to this. Beautiful Craftsmanship..

Best regards Claus
thank you!
here is some shots from the far west end of my route, Leavittsburg Ohio, just west outside of Warren Ohio, where the EL's NY Chicago line met the Cleveland line and where the 1st and 2nD district line split, the 1st district went through Youngstown OH and Sharron PA and then meeting back up with the 2nd District in Transfer PA
The 2nd district was for Hot shot trains and bypassed Youngstown and Sharron, the tower at this location was SN, SN tower controlled other Interlocking as well such as Pymatuning jct and Deforest junction. during these times there were several campers parked by the tower which housed CTC equipment

for the map below RED is the cleveland line, Maroon is the first district. Yellow is the 2nd district, and blue is the B&O

deadpool_5cec904252261.PNG

EL_OH.LE__71.03.28.07_R.jpg
826e3907c21fabfd8b3fb5c69a7b096e.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Back