Change loading screen picture

bugs21

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the background picture when loading a route in surveyor or driver? I'm really tired looking at that "model" of the Rocky Mountaineer GP40

I'm sure there is a really simple way … But there are allot more bigger important things that can bug a person … if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Is there a way to change the background picture when loading a route in surveyor or driver? I'm really tired looking at that "model" of the Rocky Mountaineer GP40

There's a 'background.bmp' image at resources\images in the program folder. You could try changing that and see what happens.

I too am fed up of looking at that train.
European ones are better looking *

I don't want to look at the same picture every day until the next big release, maybe it could be the asset that you have in the main menu?

* = only joking :)

There's a 'background.bmp' image at resources\images in the program folder. You could try changing that and see what happens.

This only changes the background of the Launcher. The loading screen its self is located elsewhere, or might be built-in into the program its self.

I'm really tired looking at that "model" of the Rocky Mountaineer GP40

I agree wholeheartedly. I do not think N3V realize how silly it makes the product look (my opinion of course). Imagine seeing a flight simulator software with a toy plane on the cover or a racing sim with something barely resembling a race car on it.

Changing the background.bmp in the "images" folder in the TRS2019 file location is easy.

Suggested this back in Beta. Added a cropped "Trainz logo" but you really don't need that.

opening%20screen.jpg

Anything is better than the awful "fake" crap pictures. Deaf ears.

At least changing the "launcher" screen is an improvement.

Harold

Last edited:
If you start TRS2019, select Start Trainz, then click My Collection and find the pull-down at the top right. You can choose Locomotives, Consists or Rolling Stock and so on. An image should appear at the bottom for you to select. Is that what you're looking for?
smyers

If you start TRS2019, select Start Trainz, then click My Collection and find the pull-down at the top right. You can choose Locomotives, Consists or Rolling Stock and so on. An image should appear at the bottom for you to select. Is that what you're looking for?
smyers

Not quite. What we're looking to change is the loading screen when going into Driver or Surveyor. This is the image that is displayed.

The model is so quality. It's like Tyco model train set quality

HCtRddP
HCtRddP

Now this is the type of modding that brings a smile to my face, people wanting to go in and change something as simple as the Loading Screen/Menu

Awww

Old school early 2000s day of modded CS.

Rock on people, thanks for the info too, I will now be making my own!

Please someone hack the abomination that is the loading screen, anything is better than the "mountaineer".

Harold

Warning: I suspect if you update it you'll need to keep the original image and replace it again prior to patching.

Warning: I suspect if you update it you'll need to keep the original image and replace it again prior to patching.

I hope you guys get the message. We'd like to have another image on the loading screen. At least in TANE the C&O Kanawa was halfway believable.

I changed the loading screen to a random pic to see if it works... lets just say it was interesting..:eek:
Yes, it actually broken the game...

I tried to replace the picture, but it needs to be in the ".texture" format. Not ".texture.txt+.tga" format that PEVSoft Images2TGA does.
How can I convert an image to ".texture"?

Back