Route suggestions

nfitzsimmons

Anyone have any suggestions for available routes that would be appropriate for running Union Pacific equipment from the 1950's and 1960's?

Other than Sherman Hill, which I already use a lot. Just looking for some different scenery than Wyoming.

Thanks.

Fall Harvest - Nebraska is a UP route, but that is payware. And you might want to edit some wav files to suppress all the honking traffic....

Forester1, thanks for the Fall Harvest suggestion. I'd completely forgotten about that one.

And Phil, I already have the Mann, Phrom, and Laramee. That route name has to be one of the worst puns ever. Well done!:hehe:

Well, even though I'm in Australia I believe that Larime was one of the homes of UP big power?

And the rest of the name? I suspect there might be only a handful of us seniors (as in age) who recognise it as a play on the name of a movie. And a damn good one too.

Jimmy Steward is one of my favorite actors from that era, as well that he also served as a US Army Air Corps general in real life during WW 2. Although I think my favorite Jimmy Stewart movie from that period is Cheyenne Social Club. Between Jimmy and Henry Fonda...

And there's my favorite line from the film, "I didn't want to say it to his face, but wild horses couldn't drag me to Texas."

Maybe you have to be from Colorado to get the joke.

Back