Download Aborts During process it says-" Searching Asset"

boleyd

When I download a file from the DLS using the Content Manager, I get a very long period of a notice that says:
Searching Asset 'name of asset'. The is no network activity during this time. This has been running in this state for 10 minutes. I downloaded shorter files ok. After 15 minutes I received the following message and the download aborted. The asset was the148MB UMR2019. My download link is 60mbs (measured). I never saw any network activity. Sufficient disk space. This is the second time I attempted this download this week. Also, Just before starting the this download I did a full "extended rebuild".

; <NULL> Searching asset 'UMR2019'
- <NULL> Unable to search asset <kuid:95512:100010>. Connection interrupted.
+ <NULL> Complete

Reported problem

Last edited:
I'm getting the exact same thing! I tried downloading the UMR2019 yesterday and again this morning... same Searching Asset 'name of asset' then nothing happens.

There seems to be an issue with the DLS and this occurred yesterday as well. I logged out then logged back in and all was well after the looooong content validation process beforehand.

I think this might have had something to do with the server updates that took place a few days ago.

There have been major issues with the DLS.

I opened a route I'm working on to edit the Basemapz 600214 error and CMP wouldn't even let me submit locally!

Seems to be working now though.

The pitfall of paranoid game programming where it has to speak to a remote server before it will let you sneeze... :) All the money N3V are now getting off Gold/Silver subscriptions and DLS memberships, you think it would be slightly better!

Yes the server maintenance a couple of days ago would seem to be the cause, since when it's gone to pot!
The Portal links have gone a bit iffy as well, lots of 504's, can usually get the page after a couple of attempts.

Uploaded content does not seem to be finalizing either. The content I have submitted over the last few days is still not available....

Bob

In the case I have where the program aborts after a long "computational period" appears to be a resource eating issue. Slightly smaller downloads work ok. Somewhere near the 100MB level and it probably eats up some disk allocation and the sub-routine/thread then fails to grab some more space. Sort of glad that my misery has company".

Just a quick update - we're investigating your reports.

For those having issues currently, is this from the DLS webpage or Content Manager (or both)?

Tony,

This has been the issue with Content Manager.

When I was able to download, it was intermittent and a disconnect/reconnect worked once, but apparently it didn't because the next time exiting and restarting did the same thing and allowed the selected downloads to complete.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but the same issue has presented itself to me at the moment. Can you please look into it Tony?

Back