multiple questions and issues

autodctr

System specs: Ryzen 7 2700, 16G dual channel RAM, Nvidia RTX2070 8G.

1. I had autosave set to 15 minutes. And every 15 minutes, I would get booted out of Trainz: even while driving. I tried longer times, but as soon as the time got to the autosave point I got booted out again. I finally had to disable it. Any ideas?
2. Why is my download time from the DLS so horribly slow? Besides being slow, if I tag a few at a time, after about 20 minutes I get a message saying that connection was lost.
3. Program tells me that I have no errors and 509 warnings. HUH?
4. I still cannot get rid of the coal and water graphs above the steam locos. Very annoying.
5. I had some downloads that were faulty. It said that dependencies were missing. When I clicked on them to see what dependencies were missing, there were some that were listed, but other assets listed none. How can I get the dependencies if the program can't tell me what they are?

Understand that I still love this program even with all the dumb things going on and not working as expected. I do not build this as a layout in a room: just several bases. I understand now that I can do the same thing on TRS2019? If I purchase and install 2019, will it automatically import assets and layouts that I have made? What, if any, advantages would I have by getting TRS2019?

Thanks for your time!

2. Unless you have a First Class Ticket (FCT) your download speeds will remain horrible. Without a FCT, disconnects are common as well.

3. Warnings don't affect the object or gameplay. Errors will.

5. The program reports missing dependencies by KUID number (KUID:12345:678910). If you don't have it in-game, then there is no way the program can tell you what it is because the descritpion is in another part of the configuration file for that object. No object, then no description.

Hope this helps.

Bill

I had 3 faulty assets after a download. All of them said that there were dependencies missing. The first one told me 2 dependencies which I downloaded and corrected that problem. Going to the next one, it still said dependencies were missing, but when I clicked on it and clicked on dependencies, it came up blank. Third asset did the same thing.

The configuration file for the route contains a list of every piece of content used in the route. The COntent Manager checks your local content for the KUID number. If it can't find it, then it tells you it is a missing asset. Sometimes you can re-download a route and the rest are picked up. This happens rarely, but it does happen. If an asset is truly missing from the Download Station (DLS), then you must search for it elsewhere, such as on a third-party site. All the game knows is that route AAAAA is missing KUID XXXXX:YYYYY -- not what it is or where it might be (other than the DLS).

You might Google it and get lucky, but I've never had this happen to me. You could post your missing assets here in the forum and someone might be able to tell tyou where it can be found.

Does this help?

BIll

This was not a route: this was just simple, single asset. I don't remember exactly what, but probably something like a tree, rail car, or locomotive.

This was not a route: this was just simple, single asset. I don't remember exactly what, but probably something like a tree, rail car, or locomotive.

The process is the same as for a route. The program knows that the asset requires some other KUID in order to operate correctly, but it isn't there. In some cases it can see some other information about the KUID, such as whether or not it is on the DLS; in other cases it knows nothing about it.

If the asset shows with missing dependencies but there is no KUID listed when you view missing dependencies in Content Manager, then you need to add the KUID ("Asset ID") column to your display. If it still doesn't show then select View Errors and Warnings and the problem will fix itself.

The same principle applies--even for something as simple as a tree. The file named "config.txt" lists every item by KUID that goes into making the whole piece of content. If something is not present on your system, then it is listed as missing. Every item in your database has a "config.txt" file in it.

Bill

autodctr,
2.) As mentioned, without FCT, downloads are horrible. Especially as assets get larger, any asset larger than a megabyte or two will end this way. For a single asset, just leave it selected and right-click and select "Download" again. It may just install. Something in Trainz does not complete the install after the download. If there are several items selected, leave them selected and right-click any one and select "Download". It may install one or two and then go on downloading the rest. You may have to go through this two, three, or more times before you get them all. It is just the way it (doesn't) works....

5.)you said the missing dependencies were blank. Try selecting the blank area, you may find some very light grayed-out "Unknown Asset" items. And thus begins the endless search for assets that are not on the DLS, but on some site somewhere else, if still available at all....

I don't think 2019 will automatically import anything other than what comes with 2019.

Last edited:
Back