Unified Driver Surveyor Feedback (pre-beta)

Hi Pitkin.

From my own surveyor route/session experience, you cannot move a stretch of track if there is some vehicle on the stretch of track. Only stretch of track with no vehicle on it can be moved. So surveyor or edit mode has already some protection mechanism to avoid breaking by error some tracks.
Regards.
Pierre.

Good point. I have experienced from time to time 2 traincars that are overlapping each other. This was from trying to reuse older sessions. I assumed the session stores the coordinates of each car.

We've released a sneak peek video of the upcoming feature that allows you to instantly switch from Driver to Surveyor. There's also a short blog entry here.

We've taken a fairly extreme approach to editing in the short video, and we really can't wait to hear your feedback on more practical uses you come up with.

There are still a few more tasks to tidy up before we get the first build out to our Gold Class members for testing in the coming weeks.

Feel free to ask questions and give your feedback here on what you've seen so far.
I may be wrong but wasnt the first ever Trainz like this.

I may be wrong but wasnt the first ever Trainz like this.

Nope. The original Trainz edition (circa 2001) supported multiple modules open in their own sub-windows, but not swapping back and forth between the modes on a single route. My theory was that we might want to be able to open a "development plan" for part of a route, edit it, and then apply the edits back to the original route which was still in operation. It's not something that we ever developed, and so we dropped support for the module sub-windows since they were kind of pointless without that capability.

chris

This feature is freaking excellent. I'm not engineer, but I'm tired of having to create or edit a route and then have to do extra steps just to be able to test it out! Now I can create, edit, and drive on the go. This is the smartest N3V Games has actually done in a Trainz game. I just wish that we could zero in on trains like we can in Train Simulator 2022 instead of how Trainz A New Eara had us do it.

When I run a driver session, if I see obvious derp. I write it down with the nearest junction. And fix later when I have done a few driving sessions. Bit like marking your Homework

I just wish that we could zero in on trains like we can in Train Simulator 2022 instead of how Trainz A New Eara had us do it.
I'm not sure how they do it.
Ctrl-F allows you to find any train. The Driver list allows you to jump to any train with a driver allocated.

Back