Trainz Plus Update 1 Now Available (Gold Class)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We're happy to announce the official release of the first of many Trainz Plus updates.

If you are a Gold Class member, then just select the "Trainz Plus" update stream and patch as you normally would.

To change your patch stream:

Click Trainz Settings
Install Tab
Change Trainz Update Stream
Follow the prompts and click "Change Stream"
Select "Trainz Plus" from the list, then OK and Done.
Now click on Check for Trainz Updates to patch.

Patches are available from the following builds:
98569 (Mac)
98592 (PC)
100240 (PC)
100308 (Mac)
100309 (PC)
100331 (Mac)

Final build numbers for the official release are:
100438 (Mac)
100464 (PC)

More information can be found at this news link.

Last edited:
You're already there :)

I've updated the original post with the release build numbers.

Most of the Trainz Plus features will find their way into future versions of Trainz.
Hi Tony, could you explain which features are likely to remain Gold exclusives, or is this a general catch all to allow room for manoeuvre?

A very good question, and the honest answer is... it depends :)

Predicting the future is fraught with danger so we'll outline our plans when we're confident of the path we choose.

What I can say for now is that there will be a bunch of features from Trainz Plus making there way into the next major version of Trainz, and there will be some that won't. The best example currently is "Multiplayer Surveyor" (which is really more about "collaborative route and session building and real-time operations" then simply multiplayer). This feature will require a fairly heavy investment in servers and support, and therefore favours a subscription model.

Updated from 100240 to 100464: patcher said an update was available for "TRS 19 Regional Edition" - I do not have a "Regional Edition", then downloaded "4.0 GiB". Once done, 19 "Available for download" assets appeared (nothing was missing prior to patch), I downloaded them, and finally:

• <kuid2:506034:621608:1> BN 62Ft. Bulkhead (early era) and <kuid:506034:405569> RPPX 60Ft.9In. scrap gondola: "Unknown location";
• <kuid2:506034:850413:1> Logs spruce 95 ton (100% wetness): Not Installed, Payware (not active)".

Nothing faulty/missing before update. I am no more prompted to download DLCs at game startup as I was before. Back to 100240.

I didn't modify anything (e.g. folder locations).

HPL - by chance are you using the same local data folder for different versions of Trainz? If so, that's a bad idea. Alternatively, perhaps you've imported TANE folders to TRS19 rather than downloaded the TRS19 versions?

We know something is different in your installs and so we just need to figure out what that is so that we can address the issue for you and other in the same situation.

Firstly, there is a content fix package sc545 that you should have been prompted to install (if not, click File > Download purchased items then Start Trainz).

There are 0 missing or faulty items in a fresh install with fresh download, and 0 or missing items in the tests we've done in patching from the first release and the recent "regional update" release. Given that there has been a range of content updates in various betas, it is possible (in fact likely, given you are seeing problems) that you've ended up with a content set that isn't part of our test plan.

Fyi re "Regional Edition" - this is the internal name for the 100240 update for TRS19 so at the point you had 100240 installed you did have the regional edition installed (plus the full content set rather than just one regional content set).

A very good question, and the honest answer is... it depends :)

Predicting the future is fraught with danger so we'll outline our plans when we're confident of the path we choose.

What I can say for now is that there will be a bunch of features from Trainz Plus making there way into the next major version of Trainz, and there will be some that won't. The best example currently is "Multiplayer Surveyor" (which is really more about "collaborative route and session building and real-time operations" then simply multiplayer). This feature will require a fairly heavy investment in servers and support, and therefore favours a subscription model.

Thanks for the answer Tony.

I can see the logic, but I suspect that some will be dismayed to know that they will require a subscription to access all of Trainz's features. I feel a certain unease myself.

HPL - by chance are you using the same local data folder for different versions of Trainz? If so, that's a bad idea.

No.

Alternatively, perhaps you've imported TANE folders to TRS19 rather than downloaded the TRS19 versions?

No.

Firstly, there is a content fix package sc545 that you should have been prompted to install (if not, click File > Download purchased items then Start Trainz).

Never have been prompted to download "sc545" (even after "Download puchased items").

HPL - it seems you're the unlucky one for both TANE and TRS19. Perhaps it's just a coincidence or perhaps there is something in your update/backup/install process that creates the necessary conditions for the content to end up in this state.

sc545 is now titled TRS19 Content Fix (I didn't know it now had a name). You can check if it (sc545) is installed in your /packages folder. Also check you haven't turned off DLC download prompts in your settings.

I would suggest that you create a new local data folder to see if that solves the problem, or reinstalling. Please let us know how you get on.

Ok maybe this just me( something i am doing or not doing) but i have quick portal manger the latest version and i cant emit a train from a portal first i tried the cmtm portals than i tried the built in 2019 portals. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm on build 98529
selected plus stream
it updated to 99618 now wants to go to 99813
is this the way it should work ?

As somebody who has a lot of third party content installed, is it safe to use Trainz Plus?
>>
We're pretty confident that Trainz Plus has no regressions from your current version. (So "yes we believe so").

"it updated to 99618 now wants to go to 99813
is this the way it should work ?"
>>
Hmm... somehow you are on the beta patch stream, which means you will need to run 5 or 6 more patches. I am pretty sure they are all very small updates so shouldn't take long.

As somebody who has a lot of third party content installed, is it safe to use Trainz Plus?

I too have a lot of third-party content installed as well as lots of DLC and DLS content, and there were no issues upgrading. If it works already in T:ANE and TRS19, then it will work fine in Trainz-Plus as I've found out.

As always we recommend you backup your content before doing any upgrades as a safety net in case the inevitable should occurs, but this is recommended best practice for any kind of upgrade regardless of the program, and backups should be done regularly anyway.

>>
We're pretty confident that Trainz Plus has no regressions from your current version. (So "yes we believe so").

"it updated to 99618 now wants to go to 99813
is this the way it should work ?"
>>
Hmm... somehow you are on the beta patch stream, which means you will need to run 5 or 6 more patches. I am pretty sure they are all very small updates so shouldn't take long.

I've checked I'm definitely on the Trains Plus Stream
but all the updates that show are Trainz Plus Beta

Just keep going I suppose

Installed about a dozen patches all from Plus Beta
now at build 100464

Last edited:
sc545 is now titled TRS19 Content Fix (I didn't know it now had a name). You can check if it (sc545) is installed in your /packages folder.

No trace of sc545, no prompt to download it (before or after updating) and never seen at any time since I have installed TRS19.

Also check you haven't turned off DLC download prompts in your settings.

I didn't even know this setting exists and can't find it anywhere.

Today's retry operations in detail:

• Before updating: no missing/faulty assets.

• Updating from 100240, stream: "Trainz Plus", TRS19 Regional Edition 100240 to Trainz Plus Update 100464, 4.0 GiB

Launcher says "BUILD:100464"

12 missing assets "Available for download":

<kuid2:439337:100448:3> BI2 Equipment
<kuid2:506034:521641:3> JR SL(06) 2-H bridge wide 20ft
<kuid2:506034:503837:2> JR SL(06) 2-H doll center 20ft
<kuid2:506034:501389:2> JR SL(06) 2-H center 20ft
<kuid2:506034:501028:3> JR SL(06) 2-H dwarf
<kuid2:44988:80011:1> Rails, New, 3 Pack
<kuid2:506034:501379:2> JR SL(06) 2-H-L center 20ft
<kuid2:30671:94407103:1> Untreated railroad ties
<kuid2:30671:94407103:2> Untreated railroad ties
<kuid2:124017:40002:2> YARN Library
<kuid2:124017:26036:3> YARN T-Intersection L2 +1Si-2Si +3Sh
<kuid2:124017:26038:3> YARN T-Intersection L2 +3Si +3Sh

1 missing asset "Not Installed, Payware (not active)":

<kuid2:506034:850413:1> Logs spruce 95 ton (100% wetness)

2 missing assets "Unknown location":

<kuid2:506034:621608:1> BN 62Ft. Bulkhead (early era)
<kuid:506034:405569> RPPX 60Ft.9In. scrap gondola

No more prompted to download at game startup (I was each time before updating).

I could finally sort the issue importing assets from payware stuff I bought from JR (that were deleted by the update process, along with those I had to re-download from DLS).

Back