Trainz Plus Update 1 Now Available (Gold Class)

How do you access the pick list. I've looked under all the menu items but can't find it anywhere.

I asked about this before so I know now!

Click on the Tools icon on the top of the screen
Click on Search Filter

It's in there.

I think I mentioned at the time, that Pick-Lists should be shown as a separate item because we go looking for pick-lists more than searching while in Surveyor.

Major Bug maybe??

Has anyone else noticed that with this current build that the Central Portal Control lists "ERROR" for all the portals.

I noticed this with one of my routes, so I re-entered all the information again in the Central Portal Control, saving each time I entered data into a new portal. I then exited Surveyor and went into driver. Nothing emitting from the portals so I went back into Surveyor and once again every portal listed under Central Portal Control indicates "ERROR".

I now notice that all my routes which used the Central Portal Control now show "ERROR" for all the portals

Last edited:
<kuid2:661281:35127:4> NYC J3a-Dreyfuss is invisible in CM, Surveyor and Driver (but her tender isn't). I wanted to resume a saved game and I got the message "No train selected". When I edit the session, the consist is there except the locomotive. In CM it shows as "Installed, Payware".

Camera view 4 is now placed on top of train and needs to be readjusted every time to set it correctly on train side (where it has always been before the update).

Last edited:
<kuid2:661281:35127:4> NYC J3a-Dreyfuss is invisible in CM, Surveyor and Driver (but her tender isn't). I wanted to resume a saved game and I got the message "No train selected". When I edit the session, the consist is there except the locomotive. In CM it shows as "Installed, Payware".

Camera view 4 is now placed on top of train and needs to be readjusted every time to set it correctly on train side (where it has always been before the update).

I can confirm this is an issue.

NYC J3a-Dreyfuss is invisible
>>
That must be a preview of the new stealth-mode feature ;)

In seriousness, I can confirm the Hudson does not render in 100464.

It's actually an old problem that has reappeared (- <kuid2:661281:35127:4> Unknown vertex format: S0_P3fN3fTg3fT02fT12f).

We're investigating (and also investigating the content issues some people are having. Thanks for your patience.

Update:

TRS19 allows you to export builtin content and payware where you don't have to deal with the .chump DRM???
>>
No. I'm not sure how he got that to work as it wouldn't have texture files either. You cannot import built-in content so it is possible that the builtin item was already downloaded and the install of that item meant the built-in item was then correctly installed.

Re TRS19 Content Fix (sc545 package) not showing:
We've resolved the package not showing for some people. It did not show if certain TANE DLC content was also already installed, so that's now fixed.

Re TRS19 Content Fix (sc545 package) not showing:
We've resolved the package not showing for some people. It did not show if certain TANE DLC content was also already installed, so that's now fixed.

Still no trace of sc545. The only T:ANE DLCs I installed are routes (ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh, Balezino - Mosti, Russia, Canadian Rocky Mountains - Rogers Pass, SnC, C&O Hinton Division, Healesville - 1913-1920 and Kickstarter County).

Latest update is causing problems with some scripts. All ATLS controllers have reverted to default as have some other scripted assets.

Putting bug fixes behind another paywall now? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a big no no.

Thanks for the update

Last edited:
Putting bug fixes behind another paywall now? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a big no no.

I agree with you - and that's why we haven't and won't be putting any bug fixes behind a paywall. (I'm not even sure which feature/bug you're referring to.)

I agree with you - and that's why we haven't and won't be putting any bug fixes behind a paywall. (I'm not even sure which feature/bug you're referring to.)

What is new in this Trainz Plus update?

Our first Trainz Plus update includes :

• A range of new camera options for both Driver and Surveyor
  • New unified menubar in Surveyor
  • New Session Logging window
  • A number of bugfixes and polish items

Bug fixes (and some polish items) made for Trainz Plus will be released as part of a future Service Pack for TRS19.

You don't put bug fixes, critical or not, behind another paywall. It literally states bug fixes are for Gold Class members only, to only then come later in a SP for non-paying members. It's stated you are withholding bug fixes to those who wish to not get Gold, and then make those users wait for who knows when the SP comes.

Reading that link is pretty clear. That's clear as day as saying "Season Pass holders get bug fixed tomorrow, non-season pass when we feel like it". Content and content only should be offered, Not bug fixes. Minor or major. UI/UX or Code. That's a big no no. This be any other AAA dev / publisher, that would be PR suicide on social media.

Last edited:
You don't put bug fixes, critical or not, behind another paywall.

As Tony mentioned above, we're not.

It literally states bug fixes are for Gold Class members only..

Nope.

.. to only then come later in a SP for non-paying members.

Exactly. Bugfixes get released as free service packs, which is business as usual.

You seem to be under the impression that because we're releasing an update to one product, that all of our other products will magically receive the same updates without any extra effort on our part. This isn't the case; there is significant effort to producing, testing and releasing an update. The existence of the Trainz Plus program does not make it any faster or slower for us to release service packs to standard TRS19. Service packs will still be released in the usual fashion.

chris

Thanks for the clarification. Let me explain in more detail... (edit: I clearly took longer to explain the process than Chris)

The majority of "bug fixes and polish" referred to in that list are those found by beta testers relating to the Trainz Plus update. (i.e. the bugs that were fixed are not found in TRS19 - stuff like "Car camera not updating it's settings from TAD and therefore being slow to move around").

In addition to the specific bugs relating to Trainz Plus, we are working on bug fixes all the time. Thoses fixes, as well as optimisations, require testing in each branch before release. Each release consumes significant resources and so we always build up a decent sized list of fixes before releasing a Service Pack update. (If there is an urgent fix required, we release a Hotfix update which goes through less testing to ensure the fix gets out asap).

A Service Pack release with bug fixes for TRS19 is being worked on. It will be released once we've completed internal testing in that code branch, then external beta testing. If there is a critical issue that you are concerned about that isn't fixed in the current TRS19 version, then please let me know.

Last edited:
The majority of "bug fixes and polish" referred to in that list are those found by beta testers relating to the Trainz Plus update. (i.e. the bugs that were fixed are not found in TRS19 - stuff like "Car camera not updating it's settings from TAD and therefore being slow to move around").

Then there is zero reason to list that which just adds confusion with the later sentence. Since this is the first Trainz Plus update, and since this is a public release, including that bullet is useless and causes confusion. If what you say is what you say. Those "bugs" were Plus bugs in beta, and now fixed in Trainz Plus Update 1 (Release). I hope you can see the confusion/misleading. Then to go on and add the sentence further down. In its current form it sounds to include general bug fixes, not just "Trainz Plus" from "Trainz Plus beta" fixes that I made you go into more detail after the issue was pressed due to misleading sentences. As a former QA for a AAA dev, to my eyes, it raised a red flag and why I addressed it.

Previous to this "Trainz Plus Update 1" build, being on the "Trainz Plus" update stream involved receiving beta versions. Would this continue to be the case into the future?

I ask because I am working on a new route and so cannot allow "beta bugs" to interfere with the development of the route.

When I found this problem with "beta bugs", I reinstalled TRS19 from scratch and then kept only to the TRS19 stream. I will not choose the "Trainz Plus" update stream unless I know that it will not involve beta versions in future.

Please clarify.

Peter.

Previous to this "Trainz Plus Update 1" build, being on the "Trainz Plus" update stream involved receiving beta versions. Would this continue to be the case into the future?

I ask because I am working on a new route and so cannot allow "beta bugs" to interfere with the development of the route.

When I found this problem with "beta bugs", I reinstalled TRS19 from scratch and then kept only to the TRS19 stream. I will not choose the "Trainz Plus" update stream unless I know that it will not involve beta versions in future.

Please clarify.

Peter.

Good question.....

However although I'm now a Plus subscriber, I've left one install on the TRS19 Stream not plus and it hasn't updated to the latest plus build 100464 but stayed on 100240, so may be some mileage in doing that if they don't put a Plus Beta Stream on.

The next Trainz Plus update will be on a new Trainz Plus Beta stream to isolate the updates to those that wish to be involved in testing.

It's currently looking good for the first beta release in a week or two, but I've been known to be overly optimistic in the past :)

The next Trainz Plus update will be on a new Trainz Plus Beta stream to isolate the updates to those that wish to be involved in testing. ...
Tony,

That's helpful. However, you might have had a Trainz Plus Beta stream before, so as not to have unsuspecting Gold subscribers (Trainz Plus) people beta testing against their better judgement.

Thanks anyway,

Peter.

Back