Trainz Plus Update 1 Now Available (Gold Class)

Why those visual effects when switching between camera views? It quickly becomes annoying! And camera #4 now above train...

i have the Gold membership but the Trainz Plus isnt showing up in my redirect file at all. wish i could change that :(

i have the Gold membership but the Trainz Plus isnt showing up in my redirect file at all. wish i could change that :(

Not sure why you're looking in the redirect file - it's a patch stream which you can change to via the Install tab in Trainz Settings.

Shane

thats where i looked all i see is TRS19.exe, Data file and resources file. is there a file missing?

inprr, go to your main TRS19 folder.

Run Patch Installer.exe

When that opens, choose target which is TRS19.exe then enter your login details in next step.

Then choose the update stream in next window. Choose............. Trainz Plus.

Update.

Mike.

inprr, go to your main TRS19 folder.

Run Patch Installer.exe

When that opens, choose target which is TRS19.exe then enter your login details in next step.

Then choose the update stream in next window. Choose............. Trainz Plus.

Update.

Mike.

that worked thanks

I love these new Trainz Plus updates. Recently re-activated my Gold Membership, and boy oh boy, am I glad to see the unified driver & surveyor thing. I make a lot of Thomas and Friends videos in Trainz Simulator, so it's really amazing to see this feature as well as the new camera modes. Keep up the splendid work everyone! I have dreamed sooooo long of these features

Using the latest beta build . Too much missing dependencies ( both in built-in and payware )
There should be very little that is different, so please provide some sample KUIDs that we can check for you.
I would expect there is possibly a single missing item that is on the DLS that will resolve the majority of your missing deps.

There should be very little that is different, so please provide some sample KUIDs that we can check for you.
I would expect there is possibly a single missing item that is on the DLS that will resolve the majority of your missing deps.

These 3 marked as " built-in , missing dependencies "

<kuid2:212731:105008:3> Oil Empire
<kuid2:212731:105000:4> Freighthauler
<kuid2:212731:105001:3> Railway Festival

caused by :

Unknown location
<kuid2:103919:80006:2> Steel 'I' Beams - !8 inch x 20m long (load)

I am starting to wonder if I have made a big mistake going with Gold Class. Every update is one step forward and two back.
I am developing a large Payware route to be finished by end of year as recommended by N3V (Tony H) but Gold Class is becoming too destructive . . the latest update 101274 now has all tunnel splines not working and my route has many tunnels so I having to revert to 100464 which I still have. But I lose so much work doing that.

I reported it using a ticket but that has been closed with instructions to report using Bug system. That does not help me progress any.

I just purchased a non gold version 100240 to get some stability but cannot transfer the route back due to some sort of incompatibility. I followed the instructions in a recent N3V video on moving content to TRS2019 by exporting to CDP but it seems oriented to Tane movements and loses many terrain and objects (for instance all trees and PBR ground textures) but does not report anything as missing or faulty ! I have not made any progress due to bugs since beginning of June do I just give up ?

Frustrated Colin Rayner

Lackoo11111
It appears one of our attempts to resolve builtin/DLS issues has resulted in a couple of items being left out of the build>
The workaround for now is to download this item (and its dependencies) from the DLS: <kuid2:103475:15054:7> VR Q Flat T3a - 1
That will solve your missing deps problem (and we're working on a fix through the patch process to restore these items).

Render2017
I'd say more like several giant steps forward and a small step backward during this beta period (which is why we conduct these beta tests).

Helpdesk can't fix bugs, hence the need for a bug report. The tunnel issue (which is limited to specific tunnel assets) is already known and being addressed.

We strongly recommend that for the beta releases that you copy your "live" install and patch the copy, and that way you are testing on a new content folder (you can copy your content folder too so you're testing the same content, but have a backup in case something like this does appear in the beta).

"but cannot transfer the route back due to some sort of incompatibility."
>>
This should be solved after the next update for both Trainz Plus and TRS19 "standard". Meanwhile I suggest using 100464 which is the stable "live" version of Trainz Plus.

Thanks for your feedback Tony, but the steps I am referring to are my own. I readily acknowledge that updates have added many game changing features but even in 100464 I have some serious issue with performance in surveyor. I have submitted a bug report on the problematic tunnel splines.
I currently have three installed versions each with own contents folder. 100240, 100464, and 101724.

I had hoped to use the Surveyor/Driver integration as it is a true and massive time saver for developers. I have paid the price for being a pioneer . .an arrow in the heart !

Yes I will stay with 100464 at the moment but still have an outstanding issue with performance in Surveyor . . .possible due to the size of my route . . . . Procedural Track loses Frogs and Flange guards randomly . . .I have put a message advising it is a surveyor display issue as Driver does not have the performance issue see ticket NMC-275-87706 for my last comment on this.

Surveyor seems to be struggling with the content file size (384Gb) possibly because of all the Gold Class Payware which I really did not need for route development, as well as ALL the original modules that make up the merged P&O route or perhaps my route is just too large having a mainline length of 75+ miles plus another set of branches with 50+ miles in total, hundreds of switches, has fully developed terrain including lots of Transdem, hundreds of panels/boards (Never counted them) and so forth. On my machine it runs quite well at 60fps + in Driver but Surveyor is another matter. The route is no larger than either Rocky mountains route but has much more complex track configurations, and the Rocky Mountains route takes several minutes to load into Surveyor.

I hope that clarifies my Frustration.
Colin Rayner render2017

Which procedural track assets are you using?
Does 100464 run differently to 100240 in Surveyor?

Hi Tony,

I use a couple of Procedural tracks . . . Mostly TRS2019 Track 1 Procedural - Seasonal.

100240 uses the older top screen menu system and I am more comfortable with the new look style.

However as I have not been able to port my route back to 100240 I have not used it much at all.

I specifically purchased it to avoid adding all the Payware that comes with Gold Class and because I thought it may run better without that overhead, plus it is easier to avoid including Payware if the amount is limited. The procedural Track I use is still labelled as Payware as well as many of the other similar track versions. The settings in 100240 are defaulted to ULTRA from the first start screen, but I have not used it enough to comment. I did change Detail Update rate back to HIGH on the newer version 100464. I think all other performance settings are the same.

Hope that helps.

Colin Rayner render2017

Back