Need help with an asset

Forester1

I have a route for which this is a faulty dependency:

<kuid2:35412:40015:1> MB 100m double crossover by mike10

The error is this:

- <kuid2:35412:40015:1> VE45: The Tag 'mode0' is not permitted within a container of type 'mocrossing'.

Here it is in config.txt:

mode0 "MB_100m_double_crossover"

The problem is if I try to remove this line or comment it out, it then becomes faulty because the attachment points get lost:

; <NULL> Loading mesh .im
- <kuid2:35412:40015:1> VE163: Unable to parse .im file: .im
! <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshTableSpecMixin::CreateMeshParticle> Unable to create mesh index 0 for asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
! <kuid2:35412:40015:1> VE200: Unable to load mesh default for <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
! <kuid2:35412:40015:1> VE209: Asset is missing the required 'attached-track' container.
- <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObject::InternalFindStitchedAttachmentPoint> invalid mesh for attachment a.road0a at index 0 of asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
- <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObject::InternalFindStitchedAttachmentPoint> invalid mesh for attachment a.road0b at index 0 of asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
- <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObject::InternalFindStitchedAttachmentPoint> invalid mesh for attachment a.track0a at index 0 of asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
- <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObject::InternalFindStitchedAttachmentPoint> invalid mesh for attachment a.track0b at index 0 of asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
! <kuid2:35412:40015:1> TrainzMeshCollisionData::GetRawData> No PhysX actor.
; <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObjectSpec::precache> Failed to get collision data for MB 100m double crossover - <kuid2:35412:40015:1>

Is there some way to fix this? In looking at possible substitutes I have not found much. Thanks for any help!

Hello Forester1

Trainzwiki says

mode0 {subcontainermesh-table {tracksideMesh showing lever in first position
mode0 {subcontainermesh-table {mesh objectPredefined submesh identifier. Mesh showing lever in first position

And into a Turntable example -> http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/CCG/Kind:_TurnTable

Says

default (Previously mode0 for pre-TRS releases) The name of the main turntable object, now referenced from the mesh-table.
turntable (Previously mode1 for pre-TRS releases) Name of the rotating turntable part, now referenced from the mesh-table.

into its config pre-TRS releases

Code:
mesh-table
{
    mode0
    {
       mesh                "turntablebase/turntablebase.im"
       auto-create       1
    }
    mode1
    {
       mesh                "platform/platform.im"
       auto-create      1
    }
}

New version of mode0

Code:
mesh-table
{
    {
       mesh                "turntablebase/turntablebase.im"
       auto-create       1
    }
    turntable
    {
       mesh                "platform/platform.im"
       auto-create      1
    }
}

In your case change mode0 for default into a mesh-table container

Code:
mesh-table
{
    {
          mesh               "MB_100m_double_crossover.im"
          auto-create      1
    }

}

For work fine, I think...

Regards

Manuel

Last edited:
Worked like a champ! Thank you so much Manuel. I googled for Trainz mode0, but it came up with no hits, so I should have searched the wiki. I appreciate the help!

Somewhere along the line they changed .texture files to texture.txt files referring to .tga or .bmp images. Right click asset in CM and choose Open in Explorer. If you have PEVSoft Images2TGA installed, the .texture files will default to opening in that. All you have to do is double-click each .texture file and then say "Save as" and it will save a .tga image file and a texture.txt file that refers to it. Do this for each .texture file in the folder and any subfolders. Submit edits and all is good

Last edited:
Somewhere along the line they changed .texture files to texture.txt files referring to .tga or .bmp images. Right click asset in CM and choose Open in Explorer. If you have PEVSoft Images2TGA installed, the .texture files will default to opening in that. All you have to do is double-click each .texture file and then say "Save as" and it will save a .tga image file and a texture.txt file that refers to it. Do this for each .texture file in the folder and any subfolders. Submit edits and all is good

These .texture files are actually the compiled texture + the description file into the internal format used by Trainz. These are compressed into the .tzarc files and are decompressed through Content Manager with regular assets installed from CDPs and from the DLS, which are also CDP assets. These become errors because Content Manager doesn't recognize the file format when these are extracted when built-in assets are modified. With built-in assets, these .texture files are compiled on the fly when the built-in assets are loaded, however, when we manually decompress them when modifying or copying a built-in asset, this causes them to come out in the raw format causing the error.

Forester1, what I'd like to know is how you have got Mike10's points to work in TANE as they relied on an anomaly in the early Trainz code which was fixed in I think in Trainz 2004 and they stopped working.

Forester1, what I'd like to know is how you have got Mike10's points to work in TANE as they relied on an anomaly in the early Trainz code which was fixed in I think in Trainz 2004 and they stopped working.

To be honest John, I can't say I have tested it. I was in "fix assets" mode, when I set my CM to list faulty assets and I try to fix them. So while it no longer says it is faulty, it may not actually work. If anyone else out there has experience with these assets, feel free to post your experience... I would be interested in seeing if it is possible, or if it is something I should just delete and substitute for....

Last edited:
Yes I have tried them in the latest versions of Trainz and know that they don't work. If you want working fixed track junctions your best bet is to use the late Andi06's JK points (or other creators' variations). You can find more information on these by searching for posts started by Andi or on the Wayback Machine. I have posted my trials with fixed points here #7. The points are on the DLS; search for andi06 and JK Point. You will also need his junction track and matching track. It is possible to add track textures to match procedural track. I have tried this to match his 20 degree crossover with MSGSapper's US track with moderate success (my lack of skill), the only real visual problem being that Andi's rail section is a bit fatter and of course the ballast/sleeper texture is 2D.

Last edited:
Need help! Plz it's urgent

Guys I need a urgent help regarding pev attachmaker in trainz android!, so plz can anybody help me out!?

Last edited:
Back