Thread: Need help with an asset

Default Need help with an asset

I have a route for which this is a faulty dependency:

<kuid2:35412:40015:1> MB 100m double crossover by mike10

The error is this:

- <kuid2:35412:40015:1> VE45: The Tag 'mode0' is not permitted within a container of type 'mocrossing'.

Here it is in config.txt:

mode0 "MB_100m_double_crossover"

The problem is if I try to remove this line or comment it out, it then becomes faulty because the attachment points get lost:

; <NULL> Loading mesh .im
    - <kuid2:35412:40015:1> VE163: Unable to parse .im file: .im
    ! <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshTableSpecMixin::CreateMeshParticle> Unable to create mesh index 0 for asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
    ! <kuid2:35412:40015:1> VE200: Unable to load mesh default for <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
    ! <kuid2:35412:40015:1> VE209: Asset is missing the required 'attached-track' container.
    - <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObject::InternalFindStitchedAttachmentPoint> invalid mesh for attachment a.road0a at index 0 of asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
    - <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObject::InternalFindStitchedAttachmentPoint> invalid mesh for attachment a.road0b at index 0 of asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
    - <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObject::InternalFindStitchedAttachmentPoint> invalid mesh for attachment a.track0a at index 0 of asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
    - <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObject::InternalFindStitchedAttachmentPoint> invalid mesh for attachment a.track0b at index 0 of asset <kuid2:35412:40015:1> "MB 100m double crossover"
    ! <kuid2:35412:40015:1> TrainzMeshCollisionData::GetRawData> No PhysX actor.
    ; <kuid2:35412:40015:1> MeshObjectSpec::Precache> Failed to get collision data for MB 100m double crossover - <kuid2:35412:40015:1>

Is there some way to fix this? In looking at possible substitutes I have not found much. Thanks for any help!
    TRS 2019 - This is not your father's PBR.....

Hello Forester1

Trainzwiki says

mode0 { subcontainer mesh-table { trackside Mesh showing lever in first position
    mode0 { subcontainer mesh-table { mesh object Predefined submesh identifier. Mesh showing lever in first position

And into a Turntable example -> http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...ind:_TurnTable

Says

default (Previously mode0 for pre-TRS releases) The name of the main turntable object, now referenced from the mesh-table.
    turntable (Previously mode1 for pre-TRS releases) Name of the rotating turntable part, now referenced from the mesh-table.

into its config pre-TRS releases

Code:
    mesh-table
    {
        mode0
        {
           mesh                "turntablebase/turntablebase.im"
           auto-create       1
        }
        mode1
        {
           mesh                "platform/platform.im"
           auto-create      1
        }
    }

New version of mode0

Code:
    mesh-table
    {
        {
           mesh                "turntablebase/turntablebase.im"
           auto-create       1
        }
        turntable
        {
           mesh                "platform/platform.im"
           auto-create      1
        }
    }

In your case change mode0 for default into a mesh-table container

Code:
    mesh-table
    {
        {
              mesh               "MB_100m_double_crossover.im"
              auto-create      1
        }

}
    For work fine, I think...

Regards

Manuel
    Last edited by manweb; May 8th, 2019 at 01:09 AM.

Worked like a champ! Thank you so much Manuel. I googled for Trainz mode0, but it came up with no hits, so I should have searched the wiki. I appreciate the help!

Ok Forester.

I'm glad its work for you.

Regards

Manuel

I got 10 errors from Tractor Massey-Ferguson: Error: The Tag 'thumbnail' is not permitted within a container of type 'product'.
    Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon.texture'.
    Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'opacity 16 16.texture'.
    Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tractor name grill left 256 128.texture'.
    Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tractor paintboard 512 1024.texture'.
    Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tractor red 16 16.texture'.
    Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tractor side name vents 256 128.texture'.
    Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tractor steering wheel 64 64-tractor steering wheel opac 64 64.texture'.
    Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tractor step 32 32-tractor step opac 32 32.texture'.
    Error: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tractor window knee shield-tractor window knee sheild opac.texture'.

1 error and 2 warnings from Soya beans product: Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon.texture'.
    Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'product.texture'.
    Error: No selection for tag 'category-region' in 'product'.

And last, 1 error from MU Cables: Error: The tag 'script' in container 'mesh' is empty.

How do I fix them? Guys, please help for that.

Hello csx4472

What kuids are?

Are from DLS?

Waiting news

Best Regads

Manuel

Quote Originally Posted by csx4472 View Post
    How do I fix them? Guys, please help for that.
    These are all listed here:
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz.../Fixing_Assets

If the description and solution there doesn't seem to match your error post with the KUID of the problem item for each error message (the name is not sufficient to identify it).

Somewhere along the line they changed .texture files to texture.txt files referring to .tga or .bmp images. Right click asset in CM and choose Open in Explorer. If you have PEVSoft Images2TGA installed, the .texture files will default to opening in that. All you have to do is double-click each .texture file and then say "Save as" and it will save a .tga image file and a texture.txt file that refers to it. Do this for each .texture file in the folder and any subfolders. Submit edits and all is good
    Last edited by Forester1; July 18th, 2019 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Added note

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Somewhere along the line they changed .texture files to texture.txt files referring to .tga or .bmp images. Right click asset in CM and choose Open in Explorer. If you have PEVSoft Images2TGA installed, the .texture files will default to opening in that. All you have to do is double-click each .texture file and then say "Save as" and it will save a .tga image file and a texture.txt file that refers to it. Do this for each .texture file in the folder and any subfolders. Submit edits and all is good
    These .texture files are actually the compiled texture + the description file into the internal format used by Trainz. These are compressed into the .tzarc files and are decompressed through Content Manager with regular assets installed from CDPs and from the DLS, which are also CDP assets. These become errors because Content Manager doesn't recognize the file format when these are extracted when built-in assets are modified. With built-in assets, these .texture files are compiled on the fly when the built-in assets are loaded, however, when we manually decompress them when modifying or copying a built-in asset, this causes them to come out in the raw format causing the error.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Blog Entries

Forester1, what I'd like to know is how you have got Mike10's points to work in TANE as they relied on an anomaly in the early Trainz code which was fixed in I think in Trainz 2004 and they stopped working.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Quote Originally Posted by teddytoot View Post
    Forester1, what I'd like to know is how you have got Mike10's points to work in TANE as they relied on an anomaly in the early Trainz code which was fixed in I think in Trainz 2004 and they stopped working.
    To be honest John, I can't say I have tested it. I was in "fix assets" mode, when I set my CM to list faulty assets and I try to fix them. So while it no longer says it is faulty, it may not actually work. If anyone else out there has experience with these assets, feel free to post your experience... I would be interested in seeing if it is possible, or if it is something I should just delete and substitute for....
    Last edited by Forester1; July 19th, 2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added note

Blog Entries

Yes I have tried them in the latest versions of Trainz and know that they don't work. If you want working fixed track junctions your best bet is to use the late Andi06's JK points (or other creators' variations). You can find more information on these by searching for posts started by Andi or on the Wayback Machine. I have posted my trials with fixed points here #7. The points are on the DLS; search for andi06 and JK Point. You will also need his junction track and matching track. It is possible to add track textures to match procedural track. I have tried this to match his 20 degree crossover with MSGSapper's US track with moderate success (my lack of skill), the only real visual problem being that Andi's rail section is a bit fatter and of course the ballast/sleeper texture is 2D.
    Last edited by teddytoot; July 20th, 2019 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Added extra information
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)