Level crossing Bump

rmdk

Hello All.

I am using TRS Gold.

I am noticing that train - locos and carraiges - bump when passing through a level crossing. This can be quite noticeable, and looks out of place. I am not sure whether this was occurring in earlier versions of trainz.:confused:

Is there any way to stop/reduce this.

Russell

Also happens with my UK tunnel mouths , it started in TANE and also happens in 2019 . I thought I may of put the track attachment points in my tunnel mouths at the wrong height but I double checked them and they where all set at 0.0 height . Weird thing is I have way gauge's that I've produced which work in exactly same way as the tunnel mouths but you don't get the bump whilst passing over them ??

The only thing I can think of is that the level crossings and tunnel mouths usually have additional attachment points for splines such as roads or tunnel tubes , whereas the way gauges only have attachment points for track .

This is one of those questions that you want to ask, but don't!

It happens on European crossings too, I thought it was my tracklaying, now I know it's not me, it's a relief, but still annoying.

This question was asked before; sorry I can't find the link for it. Zec Murphy passed on the information to the development team to have a look at.

I found placing the Traffic Stopper close to the crossing and raising them about 0.2, smoothed the road out and masked any dips. Not sure if it would work where the barriers are a long way from the track or perhaps at a diagonal crossing. Peter

A place where a road spline crosses a rail spline is called a 'crossing'. A place where a road crosses a road is also called a 'crossing'. I am pretty sure there is an underlying script that is used for both 'crossings' and there is where the problem exists.

If you use an ATLS system or other for a road to cross a track. The two splines do not not really interact. The ATLS system simulates the interaction with the external splines. If you use a XING type asset to make your 'crossing' then you are using an internal script to simulate the 'crossing' and are dependant on the internal script, which is the problem.

I am 99.9% sure that an internal fix to the code for the 'crossing' will fix all 'bumps' in all versions. It just needs to take into account for the difference of the different types of splines that are 'crossed'

PS, I'm sure someone will tell me i'm wrong.

Hi All
To represent an effect that is often seen on level crossings, we setup 'mocrossing' objects to provide a 'bump' in the train motion physics.

A few people have commented that it may be too much, or that some crossings won't exhibit any bump at all, and as such a feature request was submitted to request the ability to adjust or disable the bump on crossings. This is still to be looked into, so I can't say when or if it may be implemented, but it is in our system to be looked at.

Modular crossing systems, that do not place a 'mocrossing' object on the track itself (ie ATLS) would prevent this from occurring; if you then wanted to introduced a smaller bump you could place an 'invisible track bump' object.

Regards

Thanks Zec.

Here's hoping for a simple fix to either alleviate the bump, or reduce its impact.

Russell

Agreed. It is a very big 'bump'

Interestingly, this shows itself with my updated ATLS Xings fixed assets.

The old ones worked with the old ATLS system and were in fact 'buildable' objects.

The replacements work with V3 ATLS and are now true mocrossings. The new ones 'bump' The old ones don't.

I'm thinking of having seat belts fitted to the trains I use. :confused:

Boat

Back