Braking Sound

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Evening all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, or posted in the wrong place; wasn't sure if it was here or Content Creation or Scripting or elsewhere...

In TRS19, when driving the Kickstarter freight train, when stopping the train a braking sound is heard at about 2mph. It sounds great, and adds a sense of realism that is often lacking.
Is there a way to add this (or other) breaking sounds to exisitng stock, or is it something that has to be bult in when the asset is made? I'd be interested in applying it to some mk1's.

Cheers,

PLP

Hi PLP
The brake 'squeal'/'groan' type sounds will be custom scripted, so you would need to generate a suitable script for your asset to implement this, as well as suitable sound files.

As there is a performance cost for sounds and scripts, I would personally recommend that brake squeal sounds be added mainly on locomotives, so as to reduce the number of sound files trying to play at the same time.

Regards

Hi Zec,

Thanks for confirming that; glad to know it can be done but sadly I have zero scripting knowledge, having tried (multiple times) in the past and failed miserably!

Cheers,

PLP

With a mile long freight, an emergency stop at 47 mph seemed to take 2 minutes or longer at 3:27 am … It was a never-ending awful squeal/groan

Back