Deadwood Lumber & Mine - Junction 40210 - An Error or function?

1611mac

- - . -
Running Deadwood Lumber & Mine for the first time - From opposite end of bridge, with the bridge down (which it did on it's own as I approached it's signal) I could not get a green signal to proceed over the bridge. Upon investigation of the other end (shown below) I came across Junction 40210 which has an "error" red background and obviously does not actually act as a junction. However, even with it's "error" red background when I set it to green I got my green signal on the opposite end. Does this junction actually serve a purpose working with the bridge?

bridge.jpg

This here is an invisible junction, meaning it does not appear in driver, however, it's useable in situations like this, or in places where you might want to put switches in paved areas such as that for street running.

This is not Pro-Track, therefore, the middle of the junction lever is red and it has the regular red and green arrows. If the junction was faulty the whole junction, including the lever, would be red and inoperational.

Pro-Track junctions have a spline point that changes color. Faulty Pro-Track junctions will have a red spline point to indicate the track needs adjusting.

In this case, try flipping the lever and see if that gives you the green signal needed to proceed.

In this case, try flipping the lever and see if that gives you the green signal needed to proceed.

Yes, setting the junction to the proper direction does allow signal at other end to change and go green and I was able to traverse the bridge. Sorry, I thought I said that in original post but I see that I didn't. But with that said, I wondered what its purpose was. There is a signal just behind it so there are signals on both ends.

Yes, setting the junction to the proper direction does allow signal at other end to change and go green and I was able to traverse the bridge. Sorry, I thought I said that in original post but I see that I didn't. But with that said, I wondered what its purpose was. There is a signal just behind it so there are signals on both ends.

The purpose of the signals and switches is to give permission to cross the bridge. This is used to force the driver to stop then proceed across the bridge. I've used the same setup myself and it's quite realistic when it's configured.

What this does do is it gives the bridge a chance to close completely, if you're driving, before you proceed otherwise the bridge closes when you approach and that's not realistic.

Back