Multiplayer help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCHcuky

Hey,
So I'm new to Trainz Railroad Sim 19. I used to play Trainz 12 back in the day.

I've been struggling to get a multiplayer session up with my friend and I was told that you can upload a .CDP file to the internet and then they download it.

What I am trying to do is the following:
1. Edit a payware session Ex: Coal Country and use trains / cars in other payware materials such as using ATSF locomotives / BN brand. (Not using any 3rd Party!!).
2. Upload it without any errors. These are the ones i'm getting when I get a response from DLS.

An Error Occured with <kuid:495739:100057> TheCHcuky's Session
<kuid:495739:100057> : Asset <kuid:495739:100057> is a multiplayer session but has dependencies that are not builtin and not available on the Download Station (<kuid:495739:100056>).

3. Give this to a friend to play with the ATSF locomotives / BN brands instead of the built in payware marital.

So with all that said I have a few questions.
1. Are you able to somehow edit a Payware Session ex: Coal Country, and put in your own custom trains into it such as each train car individually instead of the pre-made trains, or do you have to make Pre-Made trains and built it into the session you want to edit?
2. Are you able to use other brands of trains in other and place them individually?
3. Are you able to add other brands and built them into another Payware session to avoid the errors?
4. Are you able to make custom pre-made trains from payware sessions and save them and use them for different payware sessions when editing them for a multiplayer session. (ex: Instead of individually placeing each brand or train make a custom on and use the second option to the right in the Surveyor?).

5. Is their a shortcut that I'm just not seeing hear?

I doubt you are still looking for answers after almost a year and I am surprised nobody took the time to answer you the last 11 months, but just in case you still need your answers:

1: Once you edit a multiplayer session, it will no longer work.
1, 2 and 3: You can create your own multiplayer session, which can only contain content that is NOT locally modified (note that to have the "locally modified" flag, you don't have to be the one that modified it; content downloaded from 3rd party websites will also have that flag). Once you created the session (and made sure you meet the requirements), you will need to upload it to the DLS and re-download it so the session no longer has the "locally modified" flag.
4: A multiplayer session is not allowed to have the "locally modified" flag.
5: No that I know off.

I strongly suggest you read this topic from start to end:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?89767-Multiplayer-Tips-Tricks-Fixes-and-Other-Things

Happy Trainzing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back