Europe before 1970

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Great shots Norm! I love that route but its got some hinky signals that I have no fix for. I have to go into the session and pull the train past the red signals. I think I sent you a PM about that a while back.

Is that your Prussian engine? It looks great!

Heinrich505

Heinrich, yes I am sorry I did not reply, so many trainz, so little time. I have no suggestions on the signaling but yes this is one of SLW's Prussian engines and the Prussian coaches from the DLS.

:D

Last edited:
Great shots as always. The engine looks so neat! It fits in so well on this route.

Yes they do fit well, I have to find some time to play there again. But so many trainz, so little time.

OOPS wrong thread images removed

:D

Last edited:
Wpsoft,
Very nice looking yard. Is the near engine a 2-10-2?
I think I prefer the "Wagner" smoke deflectors over the "Witte" ones, but I've no idea which were more historically prevalent.

Heinrich505

Steaming shots everyone! Good...

@ Normhart, the BR18.3 is his own production. Another jewel from the past. It was available at Trainz Depot site, but unfortunately they had a server crash...

That makes me think,
@ Peter, are the double floor coaches late version somewhere available yet?

@Heinrich, the engine is a 2-8-2 BR41 coal fired with rebuild boiler.
Concerning the smoke deflectors, the big one (Wagner) where introduce in the 1920's with production of the unified locomotives (Einheitslokomotiven)
Although, the first deflectors were smaller. (on the first series of BR 01)
The small one (Witte) where already introduced during WWII on BR42 engines.
At Deutsche Bundesbahn creation after the war, they decide to generalize it for all engines. Question of giving a better sight for the driver. But it took a certain time. So that in the late 50's, there were still engines with Wagner deflectors.
They did the same in east Germany.
My two next pictures are the BR41 with Wagner deflectors and original boiler.
One is from Bigtrain1, the other is old SLW stuff. (but still compatible in TANE!) Both are amazing.
Unfortunately for me, Bigtrain1 did not build the BR41 with original boiler and Witte deflectors. (That's my favorite!) Too bad...

My double floor coaches are still downloadable from the archived TrainzDepot.
- The original version in blue: https://www.trainzdepot.net/download/index.php?file/115-db-dostos-1951-epiiia/
- The later version in green: https://www.trainzdepot.net/download/index.php?file/116-db-dostos1951-epiv/
I have tested the download just a moment ago.

The BR 18.3 is temporarily available at https://www.file-upload.net/download-13615222/DRG_BR_18.3.cdp.html (download using the small blue button with the cloud symbol).

Peter

Last edited:
Looks like you are enjoying the Rheingold consist Norm :)

I don't drive trains much, I create routes, but when I do route testing I like to sit in a Rheingold car and enjoy the view in comfort :D

edited to add: thanks for the links Peter, I was missing a BR18 from my collection :)

Last edited:
Back