Europe before 1970

Begian country and cows

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Left of the picture, belgian (not french) fries "Chez Fernand". The man can also provide you a "cervelas" (typical belgian garlic sausage ) and of course a brown bottle of yellow foamy beverage!
Seasonally your will meet "Madame José" with her cart, who sells boiled snails in hot celery sauce. (summer only)
THAT'S BELGIUM! (was...)

Well, thanks to you guys and you good work that it makes it possible.
The Belgian builders are very few, and the most are doing modern stuff.
Graham, Javier, keep on making the old German models, one of these days my German tane layouts will be upgrade to TRS19. I will surely use them.
Thanks to all of you. Stay on right track!
WP

Thanks for your kind words Wproduction.
I personally like old trains better and this route that you are showing has a very well achieved atmosphere. :)

By the way, are the trams "Charleroi?"

Regards, Javier

@Javier. Those trams where to be found everywhere in Belgium. But indeed, my layout is strongly inspired by this area.
For the little story, there was a time last century when Belgium was second, just after England, at the top parade of railway density per square kilometres.
But the most were light railways, almost all metric (chemins de fer vicinaux in french, buurtspoorwegen in flemish) with steam, electrics and eventually diesels tram.
Sometimes you had a special service tram with a load of 4 or 5 freight wagons, a lot of small factories didn't even connect to the standard railway. They sent their production by tram!
Check the net (youtube) and search for SNCV, you will find amazing amateur movies from the past.
WP

@Javier. Those trams where to be found everywhere in Belgium. But indeed, my layout is strongly inspired by this area.
For the little story, there was a time last century when Belgium was second, just after England, at the top parade of railway density per square kilometres.
But the most were light railways, almost all metric (chemins de fer vicinaux in french, buurtspoorwegen in flemish) with steam, electrics and eventually diesels tram.
Sometimes you had a special service tram with a load of 4 or 5 freight wagons, a lot of small factories didn't even connect to the standard railway. They sent their production by tram!
Check the net (youtube) and search for SNCV, you will find amazing amateur movies from the past.
WP

Thanks for the explanation WP.
Here in Spain there were many tram lines in the cities, for example in Madrid that were international gauge.
In the 60s, for the metric lines of the Levant, the state bought a large number of trams from Belgium and among the railways they were known as "Charlerois" and I think that some were similar to the one you show in your screenshots.

Greetings, Javier

Hi everybody,

@Wproduction : great work ! I'm from Maubeuge, not so far from Charleroi or Mons, and the landscapes you show us are really those of my youth - my maternal grandparents lived in Condé sur Escaut - I love these screenshots ! :Y::Y::Y:
you know how to showcase JCAYENA/AYEVAN productions, bravo! :D

@pbu ; most of your buildings are laying on the map. I thank you for that. I suspected that you came from this region, so must be Jcayena. Or not far away...
But it is obvious that the main street in screen 1 will be called "Rue J. Cayena" leading to the "Maison Communale de Fumet, Place des Martyrs" on screen 2.

Hello ,

in order to be more precise , the buildings created by "JCAyena" or under the "AYEVAN" label , are creations with four hands , and two fans , Jean Claude Ayena for the meshes, et Gérad Van Lerbergue for pictures taken in the half north of France... They have soo produced about 1300 buildings and still go on creating with more details than ever...

And the tramway shown in the above pictures is a creation of Jean Raymond , aka Bubu45, in collaboration with Gérard Van Lerbergue, who begin the idea and brought pictures ans docs for the skins...

Friendly, Marc

Last edited:
Hello Wproduction,

A very very beautifully scenicked route. I have replied to your questions in the Dutch thread.

Regards,
Paul

Back