Europe before 1970

@HiBaller ; did you mean the decapod on post 197 ?
Peter is right, it’s coming from SLW. It is payware. I think they still sell the pack, and honestly, it is not too expensive for what you get. On post 194, second picture, you can check the version from bigtrain1 of the BR50 Kab as freeware. I read that some trainzer find his engines not good enough. Well, in my eyes, his engines have the “Fleischmann” look and the ‘Alte Bundesbahn” spirit, and I am crazy about that. Everyone has his own expectations…

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

@wpsoft: Yes. That's the one. When my dad was stationed in Germany (Bitburg, near Trier) from 1955 through 1958, I used to take long train trips all over the place in passenger trains pulled by engines like this. They were awesome and looked sleek pulling those long green or blue coaches. Best trip was the one to Paris. I've downloaded from Bigtrain1. I had a huge Fleischmann layout that I kept for years.

Bill

@fant_autencico: Your wagons are superb Javier. Just a little detail, the German railways in the pat used to name their goods wagons by city names. The city name on the tank wagon is written “Stettin” instead of “Sttetin”. But I won’t hold it against you, thank you for the wagons anyway…

As a Belgian, I was born in Germany. I grew up with end of steam over there, so my first love is the “Bundesbahn”. On the other hand, pre war time was the golden age of steam and railways, so I am very hooked by DRG. By the way, if you could make a DRG version of your last wagon (the covered KPEV one) I would be very pleased. (A lot of work, I know…)

For me, my childhood in Germany is more represented by the BR 24 with a couple of passenger wagon, like the picture below, as it would straight come out of a Fleischmann or Märklin starter box. Try to think of the feelings of a child looking at his toy train running round, with that glowing signal turning green to red while the light of the room were off. Can you?...

Best behaviour please, there's royalty in town....

Royalty-1.jpg

Royalty-2.jpg

Coaches...
<kuid:178987:7780> Koningsrijtuig by stevado (both the same, one is reversed)
Luggage van..
<kuid:178987:7785> Koninklijke paardenwagon by stevado
loco is my repaint of..
<kuid2:142675:500010:1> bad Ie by konni

Best behaviour please, there's royalty in town....

Thanks for coming on that train, your majesty :hehe:
I appreciate the links you have placed and your work :)

Regards, Javier

@fant_autencico: Your wagons are superb Javier. Just a little detail, the German railways in the pat used to name their goods wagons by city names. The city name on the tank wagon is written “Stettin” instead of “Sttetin”. But I won’t hold it against you, thank you for the wagons anyway…

As a Belgian, I was born in Germany. I grew up with end of steam over there, so my first love is the “Bundesbahn”. On the other hand, pre war time was the golden age of steam and railways, so I am very hooked by DRG. By the way, if you could make a DRG version of your last wagon (the covered KPEV one) I would be very pleased. (A lot of work, I know…)

For me, my childhood in Germany is more represented by the BR 24 with a couple of passenger wagon, like the picture below, as it would straight come out of a Fleischmann or Märklin starter box. Try to think of the feelings of a child looking at his toy train running round, with that glowing signal turning green to red while the light of the room were off. Can you?...

Wpsoft, first of all, thanks for your comments.:)
About the names of the cities in the wagons, I knew it and that of the tt because an error or the day I wrote it maybe I had some t left on my keyboard, :hehe: I'm sorry.

Can I understand you? , yes, my relationship with trains in childhood is similar, that child watching his rope or battery trains go around.

About the DRG version of the van, I'm going to see it. ;)

Finally, Märklin was very expensive here and my mother bought for my catalogs. For example, I never had Märklin's blue and red little locomotives but now I have them in Trainz ...........

Regards, Javier

DHG-500-azul.jpg

dry.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Javier, I'm afraid to ask, but are those diesel shunters available on the DLS? I'd also like to know if one can ask to receive a permit to reskin those locomotives?

Greetings,

Marcel

Wpsoft,
I sent you a PM.

I am right there with you and fant_autentico. I'd get at eye level with the trains and imagine what it looked like from the cab of the engine. Never did I dream that someday, virtually, I would be in that cab and looking out at a layout or train route of my creation or someone else's. It is truly amazing. And the whole layout looked completely different with the lights out and only the headlight of the engine showing the way. It all seemed so magical then, and it still is.

Heinrich505

Hello Javier, I'm afraid to ask, but are those diesel shunters available on the DLS? I'd also like to know if one can ask to receive a permit to reskin those locomotives?

Greetings,

Marcel

Hi Marcel, those locomotives are repainted by me from the amazing mike DHG 500

http://www.amazingmike.nl/html/trs/german/index_german.html

It would be necessary to ask permission to publish them but there are several German versions (without being the Märklin) that can serve you. :)

Regards, Javier

Seafish express pulled by a class 41 meets coal train pulled by a class E40
Kohlenpott-1---Seafish-meets-coal.jpg

Local train pulled by a class 64
Kohlenpott-2---Local-train.jpg

Picture taken on Spikerod's map "Kohlenpott" in TRS19

Peter

P-Dehnert,
I really liked the shot of the 41 meeting the E40. I want to say that trains I rode back in the 60s in Germany were pulled by either E40 or E41, on the Koblenz to Frankfurt line, if my memory isn't too fuzzy.

I had to dig out my old HO E41 model 3040 from Märklin to compare. Is that the E40 by hei51 on the DLC from your shot? I've been looking for something like that. I think my Märklin engine is an E41, but I don't see any E41s in green or blue on the DLC.

Brings back very nice memories. Thanks so much.

Heinrich505

Amazing Mike has some really old (UTC) versions of the E41. Another old version (TRS2004) is <kuid2:95148:14:1> GR DB E41 (should be on DLS). Bigtrain1 has some more recent ones (TRS12 SP1) at the DLS <kuid:351022:141001> DB E41 350 (green) and <kuid:351022:141005> DB E41 372 (blue).
The E40 in the picture is Hei51's <kuid2:225170:10011:1> DB E40 128. Another E40 was created by Topae <kuid:143205:1> DB 140 544-8 ( http://www.rolling-stock.de/?page_id=300 ).
The original asset-names of these locomotives might be different, I usually rename them to my liking.

Peter

Last edited:
P-dehnert,
Thanks for the suggestions. I liked Amazing Mike's items, but they wouldn't load into TANE properly - there were too many faulty dependencies. Such a shame. Some of his things are really cool. The E95 was particularly cool looking, but again, too many faulty dependencies - I've not the skill level to try and fix them.

Looks like the E40 from Hei51, along with Bigtrain1's versions were successful. There is an E10 from Hei51 that is in white over blue livery. That would be Bavarian State colors, right? Too bad the interior doesn't work right for the model. I might try to swap interiors at some time, but my success at that is limited.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'd say the E-40 from Hei51 is the closest to my Märklin engine.

Heinrich505

. . . I liked Amazing Mike's items, but they wouldn't load into TANE properly - there were too many faulty dependencies. . . . .
Heinrich505

When I installed them, I found missing dependencies as well. They were made for a VERY old version of Trainz (Possibly UTC). What was missing, if you drilled down through the dependencies of a dependency, was a part for a bogey. This was an unknown item for ALL of the missing items.

Bill

Yes, too bad they couldn't be resurrected. :( I've never seen an E95 on any other site, and that would be a cool engine to have. [Sighs heavily...]

Yes, too bad they couldn't be resurrected. :( I've never seen an E95 on any other site, and that would be a cool engine to have. [Sighs heavily...]

Like this?;)

It is really very difficult to adapt this locomotive to 2019, it is certainly not for rookies, I would say from sergeant up :hehe:
Now she needs a repaint.

regards, Javier

e95.jpg

LOL, well done Javier! I also managed to get one of AmazingMikes' locomotives working in TANE...

:hehe: Need to find better sounds though.

Edit: That wasn't so bad, I guess I'm up to corporal ;)

How do I fix the fact that the wheels rotate too fast for the distance traveled?

Last edited:
Fant_autentico,
I'd say she still looks pretty good for a classic, all things considered. If Normhart is only a corporal, that makes me even less than a newly enlisted recruit in Boot Camp, haha.

Heinrich505

Back