Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Europe before 1970

I like your screenshots, Wplsoft. (I have seen my wagon)
    Out of curiosity, what time of the German railways is the one you like most?

I don't know if the same thing happens to you but these Christmas days remind me of images of my childhood. The first TV in my home in the mid-60s was a black and white Telefunken.

Quote Originally Posted by wpsoft View Post

... pic removed ...
    I love that Decapod in post 167. Is it available on the DLS, or a private server?

Bill
    Name: Bill (USN, Retired) Into computers over 55 years
    User ID: 202442
    Trainzer since: 2003
    Currently using: T:ANE (SP4)

It's probably from a payware pack at SLW (picture 106). Another (clean) version of that class is available from Bigtrain1 .

Peter

Vielen Dank, Peter. Ich habe eine Weile nach ihnen gesucht.

Bill

@HiBaller ; did you mean the decapod on post 197 ?
    Peter is right, it’s coming from SLW. It is payware. I think they still sell the pack, and honestly, it is not too expensive for what you get. On post 194, second picture, you can check the version from bigtrain1 of the BR50 Kab as freeware. I read that some trainzer find his engines not good enough. Well, in my eyes, his engines have the “Fleischmann” look and the ‘Alte Bundesbahn” spirit, and I am crazy about that. Everyone has his own expectations…

@wpsoft: Yes. That's the one. When my dad was stationed in Germany (Bitburg, near Trier) from 1955 through 1958, I used to take long train trips all over the place in passenger trains pulled by engines like this. They were awesome and looked sleek pulling those long green or blue coaches. Best trip was the one to Paris. I've downloaded from Bigtrain1. I had a huge Fleischmann layout that I kept for years.

Bill

@fant_autencico: Your wagons are superb Javier. Just a little detail, the German railways in the pat used to name their goods wagons by city names. The city name on the tank wagon is written “Stettin” instead of “Sttetin”. But I won’t hold it against you, thank you for the wagons anyway…

As a Belgian, I was born in Germany. I grew up with end of steam over there, so my first love is the “Bundesbahn”. On the other hand, pre war time was the golden age of steam and railways, so I am very hooked by DRG. By the way, if you could make a DRG version of your last wagon (the covered KPEV one) I would be very pleased. (A lot of work, I know…)

For me, my childhood in Germany is more represented by the BR 24 with a couple of passenger wagon, like the picture below, as it would straight come out of a Fleischmann or Märklin starter box. Try to think of the feelings of a child looking at his toy train running round, with that glowing signal turning green to red while the light of the room were off. Can you?...

Best behaviour please, there's royalty in town....

Coaches...
    <kuid:178987:7780> Koningsrijtuig by stevado (both the same, one is reversed)
    Luggage van..
    <kuid:178987:7785> Koninklijke paardenwagon by stevado
    loco is my repaint of..
    <kuid2:142675:500010:1> bad Ie by konni
    Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by euromodeller View Post
    Best behaviour please, there's royalty in town....
    Thanks for coming on that train, your majesty
    I appreciate the links you have placed and your work

Regards, Javier

Quote Originally Posted by wpsoft View Post
    @fant_autencico: Your wagons are superb Javier. Just a little detail, the German railways in the pat used to name their goods wagons by city names. The city name on the tank wagon is written “Stettin” instead of “Sttetin”. But I won’t hold it against you, thank you for the wagons anyway…

As a Belgian, I was born in Germany. I grew up with end of steam over there, so my first love is the “Bundesbahn”. On the other hand, pre war time was the golden age of steam and railways, so I am very hooked by DRG. By the way, if you could make a DRG version of your last wagon (the covered KPEV one) I would be very pleased. (A lot of work, I know…)

For me, my childhood in Germany is more represented by the BR 24 with a couple of passenger wagon, like the picture below, as it would straight come out of a Fleischmann or Märklin starter box. Try to think of the feelings of a child looking at his toy train running round, with that glowing signal turning green to red while the light of the room were off. Can you?...

Wpsoft, first of all, thanks for your comments.
    About the names of the cities in the wagons, I knew it and that of the tt because an error or the day I wrote it maybe I had some t left on my keyboard, I'm sorry.

Can I understand you? , yes, my relationship with trains in childhood is similar, that child watching his rope or battery trains go around.

About the DRG version of the van, I'm going to see it.

Finally, Märklin was very expensive here and my mother bought for my catalogs. For example, I never had Märklin's blue and red little locomotives but now I have them in Trainz ...........

Regards, Javier

Last edited by fant_autentico; December 29th, 2019 at 01:55 PM.

Hello Javier, I'm afraid to ask, but are those diesel shunters available on the DLS? I'd also like to know if one can ask to receive a permit to reskin those locomotives?

Greetings,

Marcel
    Creator of the 'Hochrather Eisenbahn' Route
    More Info: Hochrather Eisenbahn

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Wpsoft,
    I sent you a PM.

I am right there with you and fant_autentico. I'd get at eye level with the trains and imagine what it looked like from the cab of the engine. Never did I dream that someday, virtually, I would be in that cab and looking out at a layout or train route of my creation or someone else's. It is truly amazing. And the whole layout looked completely different with the lights out and only the headlight of the engine showing the way. It all seemed so magical then, and it still is.

Heinrich505