Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Europe before 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich505 View Post

Do you have any suggestions for electrified German rail routes on the DLC? I don't seem to be able to find any, besides the Ostalgie II route.

Heinrich505
    You mean, like this one ?

It's not actually on the DLS yet, but it will be when I've finished it, probably 3-4 weeks time.
    Graham,
    EM Modelz

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Euromodeller,
    Wow, your route looks wonderful. And yes! I’d be looking for just such a route. The night shot is really spectacular, and I love the variety of engines shown in your other screenshots. I will be looking forward to your finished product. Is it based on a particular location or free-lanced? Very nice work.

Heinrich505

Hi Heinrich,
    Thanks for the positive comments

It's one of my Imagineered routes, It is based in a mountainous region of Germany.
    I really like being inventive with my routes and this one really was a challenge, when you see it in the flesh you will understand.
    I am waiting for the TANE SP4 to be released, then I can finish off my TANE routes, publish them and then over time convert them to TRS19 and PBR.
    This route was started in TANE and I brought it into TRS19 and I converted it to PBR textures just to see how the conversion process was, it was not easy, but now I have a better understanding of both PBR textures and Turf FX for future route use.

I am limited to the length of time I can sit comfortably at the moment due to falling and bruising my coccyx, what a pain in the ar$e!

here's a couple more teaser shots for you.

Graham,
    EM Modelz

Euromodeller,
    That night shot of the lighted tower and the headlight reflection in the water is superb! The composition is magical.

Many route builders are voicing the same thing about the challenge of converting TANE routes to TRS19 with PBR textures. I think you've done a really great job at that. I'll run routes in TANE or TRS19 - I think both have their strong points but I haven't the time to attempt route building yet. I'm sure that will come, as the creative bug will eventually overtake me, but for now I really enjoy everyone elses' creativity.

You've certainly got me hooked and I will be looking forward to your releases. Your screen shots have a very authentic feel about them. Sorry to hear of your injury and I hope you recover quickly. Not being able to sit for too long has to be really taxing.

Heinrich505

Glad to see that people have still some interest for those vintage trains.

California is not turning back. Not now, not ever!

Great shots Norm! I love that route but its got some hinky signals that I have no fix for. I have to go into the session and pull the train past the red signals. I think I sent you a PM about that a while back.

Is that your Prussian engine? It looks great!

Heinrich505

Heinrich, yes I am sorry I did not reply, so many trainz, so little time. I have no suggestions on the signaling but yes this is one of SLW's Prussian engines and the Prussian coaches from the DLS.

Last edited by normhart; May 16th, 2019 at 06:07 PM.

Great shots as always. The engine looks so neat! It fits in so well on this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich505 View Post
    Great shots as always. The engine looks so neat! It fits in so well on this route.
    Yes they do fit well, I have to find some time to play there again. But so many trainz, so little time.

OOPS wrong thread images removed

Last edited by normhart; May 16th, 2019 at 07:47 PM.

Expresgut / Parceltrain

Wpsoft,
    Very nice looking yard. Is the near engine a 2-10-2?
    I think I prefer the "Wagner" smoke deflectors over the "Witte" ones, but I've no idea which were more historically prevalent.

Heinrich505