Europe before 1970

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Thanks zsuda,

for sure it will be better to change the trees for 2019... I will update my modules in september I hope...

Friendly, Marc

On a cool, grey morning, Driver Horst Mannheim wrestles with the controls to keep his Br 02 under control, at the head of a long and heavy oil consist. The grade is extremely steep and it is all he can do to keep Liesl from breaking loose, but she is a good locomotive and he has confidence in her.

q0fTMxFL_o.jpg

I'm not sure if Germany did use 4-6-2 Pacifics for freight use since I only know about freight purpose built steamers like their 2-10-0's (BR 43-52) being used, but very nice screenshot!

Trainmaster189,
Thanks for the compliment - always appreciated. Glad you liked the shot.

I just did some checking and yes, the 4-6-2s were express engines, so not likely they would have been used for freight. It's interesting to read that the 02 was much less efficient than the 01, and all the 02's were eventually remodeled back into 01 format. It definitely would have been better to use one of the 2-10-0s.

I'm guessing that the driver was told that this was the only engine available at the time, and there was a rush on for the consist. If the dispatcher says go, then off you go. :confused:

Heinrich505

Wow, really sharp AA train engine! :cool: Very nicely done.

Does it run or is it a static display model?

Heinrich505

Hello mate, I'm glad you like it and yes, it works even though it is not finished, the tender is finished; the locomotive is currently mounted on a BR 52 from Cj187 on the DLS.
The point is that I like this mix between the Kriegslokomotive and the BR52 although in reality the tubes, cylinders, etc. should not be seen.:eek::cool:

Greetings, Javier

Javier,
A mere technicality. Due to the large numbers of engines that were being blown up by Allied Jabos, production was being rushed. There was also a shortage of steel plates on the assembly line that day, because of a British Mosquito raid several days earlier on a marshalling yard, so the manufacturer had to adjust the protective plating he had available. This meant that all parts didn't get covered like the specifications called for.

I'd say that just about covered it, eh? ;)

Gary

Gary, you are right; in the last part of WWII what you say was very possible.
The same thing I have hit without knowing it ........:hehe:

Cheers

Javier

Back