removing items from surveyor

autodctr

I understand that I can remove items that I have installed from the download station, but am I also able to delete items that came with the program? There are a lot of items that I will never use and it would make it a lot quicker to find things if I don't have to scroll through items I don't want.

You can not Delete Built-In assets … however you can disable them … I think that stops them from clogging up you surveyor pick-list

Well, that kinda works. However, the damage that it did was extreme. I spent about 20 minutes disabling things that I knew that I would never use. That went fine. However, going into the surveyor, I no longer could get a picture in the box when I clicked on any item in scenery or rolling stock. Nothing. The only way to see it was to place it on the layout. Also, when driving a locomotive, the in-cab view no longer worked: it was just like the chase view.

So, I thought that maybe deleting some of the hi-speed Japanese rolling stock may have been the culprit and I "un-disabled" them. That's when the fun started. Dependencies were missing everywhere. After 5+ hours of chasing dependencies, most things work now. However, there are still things that I cannot retrieve. My worst one was an old T:ain diesel loco that the in-cab view was actually more like the headlight being the camera. I loved that view and I cannot get it back.

I have scenery that says that it is missing dependencies, but when I click on it to find out what one(s), it doesn't show any.

Back