TRS19 Content Fix

Can anyone (Tony??) explain what is being fixed with this fix?

// Erik from Sweden

Yes would help as I have nothing that appears to be wrong and am wondering if it was installed as a package or maybe just installed to builtins or somewhere.

This package is required by Gold Class members who have updated to the Trainz Plus build. The main goal was to provide precache data but also some content updates.

If you don't see the package, you don't need it.

If you see a download loop, please advise which version of these assets you have installed:
<kuid2:52:28119:1>,<kuid2:52:28120:1>,<kuid2:52:37378:1>,<kuid2:82412:71402180:1>,<kuid2:82412:71402177:1>

<kuid:52:28119> obsolete <kuid2:52:28119:1> installed payware

<kuid:52:28120> obsolete <kuid2:52:28120:1> installed payware

<kuid:52:37378> obsolete <kuid2:52:37378:1> installed payware

................................. <kuid2:82412:71402177:2> built-in

................................. <kuid2:82412:71402180:2> built-in

Seems to be OK here, as I have them all so probably the download eventually stuck or It wasn't needed, I probably confused things by moving to plus, I had the looping pre plus, which presumably stopped when I updated.

Still not fixed on my TRS19 Mac. I moved the sc545 folder to my desktop, ran and installed the content fix, closed TRS19, re-opened and the contact fix STILL comes back.
It refuses to die. :'(
What to do?

Still not fixed on my TRS19 Mac. I moved the sc545 folder to my desktop, ran and installed the content fix, closed TRS19, re-opened and the contact fix STILL comes back.
It refuses to die. :'(
What to do?

After you removed (moved) the SC545 folder to your desktop, you need to run a database repair to remove it from the listing. After that, give things a try again.

Hobo_Al - from the launcher open Trainz Settings > Internet and remove your username. Wait a minute, re-enter, restart Trainz. That should clear the download prompt. (Oh - and what John said may help as well).

TANE showing an update is available - what build are you at? If it is 100544 then there are no updates (and I can't imagine how it prompts you that there is). If you aren't at 10544 then ensure your path is correct and TANE SP3 Beta stream is selected. If you've done that, run the patcher from the install folder and bypass the launcher.

I had to change accounts to get the SP4 beta to install for TANE.

Told me there wasn't an update on this account.

If you read any of my posts properly. You would see that i posted a new thread about the problem in the general forum.

Including a piccie showing the notification.

Nearly 18 years i have been buying all the versions of Trainz and still get treated like rubbish.

Including lately a regional version of TRS and a Gold Membership.

I own TANE and TRS twice and still do not have access to the TANE support forum.

Nearly 18 years i have been buying all the versions of Trainz and still get treated like rubbish.

So I guess we don't get any points for providing your invitation to the Closed Beta of TRS19, or the many posts made here trying to assist you - that's a shame really :(

Perhaps the N3V servers simply don't like your username? (perhaps a joke in bad taste, but surely we get some license to trade barbs?).

I have triple checked your username and it has TANE and TANE-SP3-beta resources issued. No-one else has reported the issue you are seeing. If you can identify why you can't get the update and an account with identical resources can get the update, then we'll certainly fix the bug.

Also, you didn't mention if you tried running the patcher directly?

You didn't invite this account you invited IKB. But even there you benefit, because i am giving up my spare time to beta test.

Yes i enjoy doing it and you have had your money's worth as i first started beta testing with TRS2004.

No username isn't a joke, that's how i feel about your company. Problem is i do enjoy a lot of the aspects of Trainz.

But that means i have no choice, i have to deal with you to get support and info.

No you crack on with the barbs, i have broad shoulders.

I have no idea why TANE would not update with the lovetrainz username. But did on the very first try when i logged out and then logged in again as IKB.

I'm not a programmer, all i know is the notification i had in the screenie. The failure to update, either from that prompt or by directly running the patcher.

From Post #19 above,

Checked dozens of times, done a Dos directory list as evoidence!

G:\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\userdata\packages>DIR
Volume in drive G is Data 4
Volume Serial Number is 7607-7A50
Directory of G:\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\userdata\packages

I am still having the problem of the "Fix" showing up every time I start Trainz. I have the TRS19 N American version that I installed shortly before the "Fix" came out. I do not show a \userdata\ folder in my game. I even checked to be sure it is not a hidden directory. So, how do I get rid of this "Fix" package that keeps coming up?

torino72 - you will need to check on the Install tab in Trainz Settings to get the location of your 'userdata' folder (it's actually known as a local data folder).

Shane

Back