Tornado at Crewe Heritage Centre

Thanks for info, I may go there sometime on Saturday, probably in the morning - don't know yet!

Rob.

I believe Tornado is leaving on Mon 6th May, in the morning, as it's a UK Bank Holiday on that day the Crewe Heritage Centre will be open so might pop along then.

Rob.

It's being steamed for an Ynys Mon Express trip tomorrow:

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U10867/2019/05/04/advanced

Last edited:
Looks like there are three mainline steam trips starting/passing Crewe tomorrow: The Ynys Mon Express, the Welsh Marches and the Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza...

Totally misinterpreted the title of this thread for a moment, I must need to get some sleep...

Me too. I thought some railroad museum got wiped out by a [weather] tornado. Not too common in the UK I would think, but here in the US, this Spring has been full of them...

Totally misinterpreted the title of this thread for a moment, I must need to get some sleep...

Me too. I thought some railroad museum got wiped out by a [weather] tornado. Not too common in the UK I would think, but here in the US, this Spring has been full of them...

If you go to Crewe Heritage Centre this weekend you will probably need to take an umbrella!

Rob.

11am departure never happened, Tornado is still at Crewe Heritage Centre for repairs to a leaking Steam pipe.

11am departure never happened, Tornado is still at Crewe Heritage Centre for repairs to a leaking Steam pipe.

Did you manage to go and see her? Unfortunately I didn't get round to going as my car has developed a worrying 'snatch' in its auto box!

It's a pity about the steam leak, I expect there's a lot of disappointment! I wonder if it will still be there next weekend?

Rob.

Yes did get there today, not a lot happening as it turned out, should be fixed in a couple of days apparently, it did make the Saturday trip to Hollyhead and back OK though.

Tornado seen this afternoon, approx 5pm, crossing the Northwich Viaduct heading in the Manchester direction - seen whilst I was in my back garden!

Rob.

Back