New Zealand Rail Closes Its Open Air Cars due to Passengers Taking Dangerous Selfies

Not surprising really. Put a smartphone in some people's hands and their intelligence flies out the window.

Doesn't surprise me, had to prod someone leaning out the Window on the Ffestiniog last time I went before he got decapitated in a tunnel, clearances are extremely tight.
I would say that 4 out of every 5 people who walk past my flat are staring at the stupid things!

Wonder who thought up the name Selfie, it sounds stupid and put me off having anything to do with them. Must be very sad people if they need to keep photographing themselves......

The IPhone is definitely the downfall of mankind ... They say that people taking millions of shots of their kids, is a way of bragging, how conceited they themselves really are: "I am such a perfect parent, look at us".

Girl up the street taking a video of Christmas lights, while driving down the street ... WHAM ... Car totaled in a 25 mph residential zone

Girl driving along a 45 mph highway taking a video of herself, looking sideways: "It's such a beautiful day, I'm sooo happy" were her very last words on the video ... BLAM ... head end collision with a loaded dump truck

I don't even answer my cell phone in the car, until I pull over someplace safe

Last edited:
Back