Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Payware disabled?!

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZecMurphy View Post
    Hi Jordan412
    You say you have deleted these packages from the 'packages' folder, but they still show as 'installed' in-game.

Please try running an extended database repair by clicking on 'developer' at the top of the launcher window, then hold the CTRL key and left click on 'rebuild database'. This should then ensure that the DLC packs are removed from the asset database, so that you can download them again.

If they still show as 'installed', then this indicates that you have deleted the DLC packs from the wrong LocalData folder. You can find the location of your LocalData folder in the 'install' tab of the Trainz Settings.

Please keep in mind that our team are not active on the forums 24/7, and as such we will reply to posts when we are able to. This may mean it may be a couple of days before we reply, depending on when we are able to participate on the forums. We may log in from time to time to look for information on a task we are currently working on, however may not be able to reply at that time.

We do recommend using the helpdesk directly, as this is monitored, and replied to, every day.

Regards
    Well, I've deleted several more SC packages whose content was flagged as 'installed, payware (not active)', they are: sc388, sc471, sc467, sc4501 and sc470. However, only sc388 appeared for downloading when I started TRS19, even after I selected 'Download Purchased items' under 'File' in the Launcher.
    Trainz - Easy as Pi

For some clarity, the new Content Downloader is not a "bug fix". It provides a better mechanism for downloading and installing DLC. It also adds the ability to uninstall the DLC without having to use Windows Explorer. So there are definitely not "bug fixes".

With relation to the issues found by some people in this thread, there are a number of solutions.
    1. Is to correctly uninstall the items (which works for 99% of cases).
    2. Where there is a payware and non-payware version of an asset, or various updated revisions, we've been working through this to sort things out. It isn't an easy task as the goal posts continually move (new items released for example).
    3. We've also been working on a .tzarc format for installing DLC so that there are no "partial" installs.
    All these fixes and improvements are either server side or will be part of a TRS19 Service Pack.

It is quite likely that the Downloader will also make it into a Service Pack at some point when the DLC file formats are updated.

So to answer the question again, "bug fixes will not need to be paid for".

Gordon, if DLC items are not showing to download in-game, then either the featured asset is already installed, or you don't have authorisation for it.

I would suggest starting with a fresh userdata folder and everything should work just fine.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; September 14th, 2019 at 01:11 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

I have the same problem as Jordan412, in my case I believe it is everything I downloaded when the content vault opened an in-game download window. I elected to download everything and all of that now shows as Payware (not active) and 3 of which show Modified Payware (not active) - those have been opened for edit and reverted to original with no success. I then went into the content vault and selected everything again which was available ran a DBR but still no joy. Maybe a switch needs a flickin'.
    cheers
    Graeme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Gordon, if DLC items are not showing to download in-game, then either the featured asset is already installed, or you don't have authorisation for it.

I would suggest starting with a fresh userdata folder and everything should work just fine.
    All of these DLC items that were showing up as 'installed, payware (not active)' are showing up in my Content Vault, so wouldn't that mean I have authorisation for them? Still, after doing an extended DBR, not everything I deleted has downloaded, only sc388 downloaded and installed when I started up TRS19 yesterday.
    Trainz - Easy as Pi

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by jordon412 View Post
    All of these DLC items that were showing up as 'installed, payware (not active)' are showing up in my Content Vault, so wouldn't that mean I have authorisation for them? Still, after doing an extended DBR, not everything I deleted has downloaded, only sc388 downloaded and installed when I started up TRS19 yesterday.
    When you say show up in your Content Vault. Are they listed as access granted, or "select"? If it's says select, reselect them to force a fresh download. It won't hurt and this will ensure they're available again. Once selected, they should download again, as mine did after Tony recommended doing that, and I've had no problem.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

On further investigation there seems to be a configuration problem with certain DLC items. We're looking into the cause but I can confirm that some items selected in your Content Vault cannot currently be activated. The team will sort this out on Monday.

Sorry for the inconvenience and delay in identifying the problem being at our end.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    When you say show up in your Content Vault. Are they listed as access granted, or "select"? If it's says select, reselect them to force a fresh download. It won't hurt and this will ensure they're available again. Once selected, they should download again, as mine did after Tony recommended doing that, and I've had no problem.
    They say 'Access Granted'.
    EDIT: Just started up Trainz today and only SC335 downloaded and installed.
    Last edited by jordon412; September 15th, 2019 at 09:15 AM.
    Trainz - Easy as Pi

jordon412 and grazlash we have performed a resync on your accounts to make sure whatever you are seeing as Access Granted in the MyTrainz.com Content Vault is linked to your account. That said:

jordon412 there was only 4 resources added that were missing. These were:
    simc:sc366 - Laaers Car Transporter
    simc:sc432 - Shmmns Coil Transporter
    simc:sc450 - Midwestern Branch
    simc:sc471 - PRR X23 Boxcar

grazlash your account seemed to be up-to-date. Regarding your Payware (Not Active) issue, the DRM had a small outage period several days ago which might have been around the time you tried to login and authorise your content.

1. Could I ask both of you to create a new userdata folder (under TRS19 Launcher -> Trainz Settings -> Install (tab) -> Local data folder) and restart your TRS19 Trainz version. Also remember were your current userdata folder is so you can re-enter it after this test.
    2. Once you have restarted Trainz with your new userdata folder, put your username and password into the Internet (tab) of the Trainz Settings and start Trainz.
    3. Could you report any Payware (not active) issues you come across or any DLC resources you think are missing and I'll look into why this might be. Try and work with just one DLC package that might be showing issues for now so we can get to the bottom of it (if still required).

Thanks Paul. I have a Trainz Plus install with no issues now. I'll try the new data folder on my main install and see what happens.
    cheers
    Graeme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by n3vpolsen View Post
    jordon412 and grazlash we have performed a resync on your accounts to make sure whatever you are seeing as Access Granted in the MyTrainz.com Content Vault is linked to your account. That said:

jordon412 there was only 4 resources added that were missing. These were:
    simc:sc366 - Laaers Car Transporter
    simc:sc432 - Shmmns Coil Transporter
    simc:sc450 - Midwestern Branch
    simc:sc471 - PRR X23 Boxcar

grazlash your account seemed to be up-to-date. Regarding your Payware (Not Active) issue, the DRM had a small outage period several days ago which might have been around the time you tried to login and authorise your content.

1. Could I ask both of you to create a new userdata folder (under TRS19 Launcher -> Trainz Settings -> Install (tab) -> Local data folder) and restart your TRS19 Trainz version. Also remember were your current userdata folder is so you can re-enter it after this test.
    2. Once you have restarted Trainz with your new userdata folder, put your username and password into the Internet (tab) of the Trainz Settings and start Trainz.
    3. Could you report any Payware (not active) issues you come across or any DLC resources you think are missing and I'll look into why this might be. Try and work with just one DLC package that might be showing issues for now so we can get to the bottom of it (if still required).
    I've never created a new userdata folder before. How do I do that?
    Trainz - Easy as Pi

Well, that cleared most of them, I still have 5 which won't play nice. At least that's better than 56 items.
    @Jordon412 just create a folder called TEST DATA and point the install tab to that. Somewhere with a bit of space. The machine will do the rest.
    cheers
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    I still have 5 which won't play nice.
    Can you send me details on one of them? Name and Resource ID.

Quote Originally Posted by jordon412 View Post
    I've never created a new userdata folder before. How do I do that?
    When the launcher shows, click on Trainz Settings.
    Select the Install tab.
    You should see "local data folder" just under the tab. Click the button with the ... text in it and create yourself a new directory on your hard drive.
    Restart Trainz and you should have a fresh userdata folder.
    NOTE: keep note of your old userdata folder location because you might want it again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by n3vpolsen View Post
    When the launcher shows, click on Trainz Settings.
    Select the Install tab.
    You should see "local data folder" just under the tab. Click the button with the ... text in it and create yourself a new directory on your hard drive.
    Restart Trainz and you should have a fresh userdata folder.
    NOTE: keep note of your old userdata folder location because you might want it again.
    This is my Local Data Folder:
    C:\Users\Jordon\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\build 90e0oo971
    Do I put the new folder in:
    C:\Users\Jordon\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19
    or
    C:\Users\Jordon\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\build 90e0oo971
    Trainz - Easy as Pi

Blog Entries

Hi Jordan412
    You can put the new LocalData where ever you want. I'd recommend putting it somewhere easy to remember and well away from your existing localdata (ie C:\Trainz Test Localdata\), so that you don't interfere with your existing LocalData folder.
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.