Atomic Pi

johnwhelan

Well it is supposed to run win 10, has an intel 5300 integrated GPU which I think is more powerful than the series 4000 I used for Middelton for laptops.

So anyone fancy trying to run TANE on it? Base price is $35 US.

Cheerio John

Well it is supposed to run win 10, has an intel 5300 integrated GPU which I think is more powerful than the series 4000 I used for Middelton for laptops.

So anyone fancy trying to run TANE on it? Base price is $35 US.

Cheerio John

I don't think so, Intel Atom Cherry Trail processor, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB of eMMC flash storage.

Is this it ?
0f8e7a592fcfa03518c624e6b0686bad--clock-ideas-nixie-tube-clock.jpg

The 2GB of memory is shared with the graphics, no use whatsoever for TANE.

Interestingly one report says its actually a board for a failed commercial gadget project, Oh and one review said it arrived in box indicating it was some kind of food. :eek:

My oldest step son and I were talking about that system just yesterday, I was toying with the idea of using a Pi to run a hidden music server for my 2004 Chevy Imapala.
The car has 102,000 miles on it but looks almost showroom new. I want it to stay with the "Factory" look mostly so the radio being changed is not an option.
I did recently toos the factory headlights for a halo system though, looks pretty trick.
Nothing else it'd be a fun little geek out project :p

Clair

My oldest step son and I were talking about that system just yesterday, I was toying with the idea of using a Pi to run a hidden music server for my 2004 Chevy Imapala.
The car has 102,000 miles on it but looks almost showroom new. I want it to stay with the "Factory" look mostly so the radio being changed is not an option.
I did recently toos the factory headlights for a halo system though, looks pretty trick.
Nothing else it'd be a fun little geek out project :p

Clair

That would be an interesting project. You'll need a motherboard that supports the chip and then assemble everything in a small case. I know of people that use these Pi boards for MIDI controllers, well PCs running PianoTeq by Modartt.

Coming from the days of Z80s, 8080s, 8085s, and 8088s, it still amazes me with power that can be placed into such a tine die today.

I agree John, my first "pc" (which I still have) was an old Timex Sinclair, thing ran at like 8mhtz I believe, ah the old days of cassette tape drives hahahaha:)

I know I could just use a cell phone, but this will be more fun I think. I was thinking of an old junk laptop set of components, but a Pi is much easier to hide.
Funny thing is at our house it's usually the kids telling me to "Turn that sh*t down!!". I may be 50 but I still love my heavy metal ( and some rap ) as loud as I can get it.
The looks I get when people think its a kid that just pulled up bumpin n thumpin and it turns out to be a grey haired old man just groovin away. Hahahaha

Clair

Last edited:
Back