ATLS Traffic Stopper Question (TRS19)

Prince271088

Hi all,

Since the update to build 100240 (or at any other point) has anyone else had any issues with the traffic stoppers used in the ATLS system? I recently updated my ATLS kit to the TRS19 version and at first there wasn't any problems, but since I have installed this new build update any traffic in my route now seem to completely ignore traffic stoppers.

Originally I thought it was just me being daft and I was missing something, but then I tested sections of the same route where I knew the ATLS worked and also tested an older route where I have fully working junctions in place and found that the traffic stoppers aren't functioning. For the record, all of the other ATLS pieces seem to be working perfectly.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across anything and if there is any kind of fix to it? I am hoping I'm not the only one as I really like using the ATLS stuff on my routes for both crossings and traffic light systems etc.

Ben

I just tested some of my routes and they all seem to be working okay. boat made updates the the ATLS system for TRS19, here are some quick notes from him about the updates;

Please note that V3 ATLS will not work with older versions so if you download some V3 assets you need to update all the rest on your system too.

Also - ATLS may stop working on existing routes after you update. The most likely reason if this happens is that the ATLS Controller has not been named

Full details can be found in this forum post;

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151773-ATLS-Updated-for-TRS19-Streaming

Thanks for that but it's nothing to do with the controller not being able to named as I always name each of the pieces I lay down so that it all saves to map. The rest of the ATLS functions such as the changing sequences of the lights or even lowering of crossing gates work normally. The only thing that doesn't work are the traffic stoppers.

The stoppers were working prior to me installing the new build of TRS19.

The other thing I've noticed with the stoppers is only two attachment points are visible (going side to side) but the up and down attachment points no longer appear until I click on the actual point with some road.

Hi Ben,

The new version Traffic Stopper should work as normal. The attachment points will be the same as before. Two for rail tracks, (wide gap). And two for road tracks - (narrow gap).
If they are not showing, that's odd. Maybe try deleting the Stopper and re-dowmloading it from the DLS, (or perhaps a datbase repair as well.)

One important thing though. Despite some of my earlier advice, if you're still using the old ATLS Slave, make sure that has a 'name' too.

I highly recommend changing to the new method ATLS Slave Trigger and dump the old ATLS Slaves which contain an invisible train. Download kuid:76656:500040 from the DLS and see http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/ATLS5.pdf
The new Slave method works the same. You just need to place it on your own invisible track.

Boat

Hi Boat,

I'll have a look at this slave trigger setup and see if it fixes my problem. I hope it does as the ATLS system is important to me. I'll redownload the stopper but I've had the same problem with all the stoppers which makes me think that there is something else underlying that could be causing it. The two wide gap points appear but the narrow gap points don't appear until I click on it with road.

I'll keep you updated.

Ben

Hi Boat,

Back again and the problem seems to be sorted. Using the new triggers helped as did changing the traffic stoppers. I still have the same issues with the traffic stoppers where the narrow attachment points don't appear until I click on it with road but that doesn't affect it's operation in the slightest. I tested an area on a route I've started that had both a level crossing and a traffic lit T-Junction and both performed as expected. I think the old traffic stoppers I was using were incompatible with the new pieces of ATLS equipment (originally when I was learning the ATLS method a few years ago, a friend of mine modified a stopper so I didn't have problems with traffic running the wrong way etc.) but now it's all sorted anyway.

Thanks for your help with that.

Ben =)

OK, good.

For the record, the latest traffic stoppers are needed if you are using the new Slave Trigger. The Slave Trigger will not see the older ones.

The Traffic Stopper needs to be kuid2:76656:500017:4 Trainz build 3.5, (or above).

You won't see the narrow attachment points till you click on 'Object Splines'..... and the wider ones won't show till you select 'Track'. Should see them then though

Boat

Hi Boat,

Well that makes more sense regarding the spline points. I use Roadtrack anyway so maybe that's why the attachment points behave a little bit differently for me.

The triggers seem far easier to use. By the way, have the changes affected the traffic behaviour in Surveyor at all because right now I have a tailback of traffic in Surveyor for now apparent reason?

Ben =)

Hi Ben,

Maybe in Surveyor. The old Slave and Stopper did not work in Surveyor. The invisible train only generated in Driver.

The new system stops traffic in Surveyor too.

Boat, (Mike)

I'm having trouble in driver getting
7Kg7hCC
the railroad crossing gate to stay down when the traffic light is red and while a train is passing the railroad crossing
TRS19-2019-05-10-15-57-46-005.jpg

Hi Micah,

Those triggers look pretty close to the barriers? I don't know if that is by design or not?

As for the lights, do you mind sending the settings for the lights and the barriers and I'll do what I can from memory (unless someone else answers before me) but I've used something similar before in a route I once created. From what I remember everything needs to be on the same channel which I am sure you already have.

The traffic lights need to be set up in the phasing.

I'm not sure how many phases you have in play, but if you want the lights to be red and the trains to pass, the SPL bit in the phasing has to be green, then vice versa for the traffic to pass. I think that should fix it but don't hold me to it.

Hope that makes a bit of sense anyway.

Ben =)

On Route 2 in the first pic, click on the SPL to turn that green, keep everything else as it is and that should sort it I think? Can you change the traffic lights to SPL mode also? If not leave them exactly as they are.

I only have this problem on TRS2019

I only just saw this part. Double check the DLS for the most up-to-date pieces of ATLS equipment. You might have to replace one or two items in your ATLS setup but yeah the barriers wouldn't lower and the stoppers wouldn't work until I updated the pieces in 2019.

The latest update seems to have fouled up the ATLS controller. Just checked my route in a previous TRS19 version and all works and named correctly. All controllers in the last update have all reverted to level crossing mode even though they are correctly map named for route control. They all say that the map name is already used beneath the route 2.

Edit Bug report sent.

Last edited:
Hi Ben,

The new version Traffic Stopper should work as normal. The attachment points will be the same as before. Two for rail tracks, (wide gap). And two for road tracks - (narrow gap).
If they are not showing, that's odd. Maybe try deleting the Stopper and re-dowmloading it from the DLS, (or perhaps a datbase repair as well.)

One important thing though. Despite some of my earlier advice, if you're still using the old ATLS Slave, make sure that has a 'name' too.

I highly recommend changing to the new method ATLS Slave Trigger and dump the old ATLS Slaves which contain an invisible train. Download kuid:76656:500040 from the DLS and see
The new Slave method works the same. You just need to place it on your own invisible track.

Boat
Many thanks for the note.
Have a nice day.

The latest update seems to have fouled up the ATLS controller. Just checked my route in a previous TRS19 version and all works and named correctly. All controllers in the last update have all reverted to level crossing mode even though they are correctly map named for route control. They all say that the map name is already used beneath the route 2.

Edit Bug report sent.

It's been reported t[FONT=&quot]he new ATLS version [/FONT]<kuid2:76656:500010:14>, [FONT=&quot]has restored the original settings in the route. [/FONT]

Okay..... I'm a really patient guy and pretty smart, and have never had issues with ATLS in the past to control road intersections. Well, TRS19 has sent me to the funny farm..... I've checked all the forums, checked all the settings, used all the newest assets, but cannot logically begin to understand why it just plain doesn't wantr to work... WAY open to suggestion. Also, anyone want to take a look at my route and tell me where I am being a knucklehead ???

Back