Screenshots of Model Railways based in the British Isles

Nice Forester. Always good to see someone enjoying one of my layouts. Might be a good idea to turn off fog though otherwise it looks like the model railway club has lots of pipe smokers in its membership.

It seems that I haven't visited this thread since 27th April - very remiss of me - but I would just like to say how impressed I am by all the screenshots since then, especially the collection of layouts by teddytoot - I'm totally amazed that so many varied layouts can be created in a short time by one person - they just make me realise how slow I am!
Ray
Incidentally, I remember that many adverts in RM from years ago showed father and son - and father almost invariable had a pipe.

Thanks Ann. I had not even paid attention as I was so engrossed with the layout itself and making the run, but I will have to go back and revisit that. I guess being England it should either be none or much more? :hehe:

It seems that I haven't visited this thread since 27th April - very remiss of me - but I would just like to say how impressed I am by all the screenshots since then, especially the collection of layouts by teddytoot - I'm totally amazed that so many varied layouts can be created in a short time by one person - they just make me realise how slow I am!
Ray
Incidentally, I remember that many adverts in RM from years ago showed father and son - and father almost invariable had a pipe.

No, they have been created and updated over the years. The Vale of Talynog in fact began in 2012 in Trainz 2010. I just decided on a whim to show shots of my efforts both here and in the other thread.

Thanks, John. I too have several begun some time ago but they never seem to get finished when the next new version comes along. For example, Glavenford towards the beginning of this thread. But I've enjpyed creating part layouts ...
Ray

Last edited:
A snap taken on my WIP 0 gauge version of 'Minories'.

cXUGd14.jpg

I thought I would blow the cobwebs off of this thread :)

On my Lowhead MR, Freda, Joe and Mrs. Meddler wave at Teddy who gives them a Toot.

The-locals-wave-at-the-friendly-driver.jpg

RIP John, alias Teddytoot.

Making the attempt to blow the dust off this thread. This is my latest WIP 3 rail '0' gauge project 'Bedwood'. Part of the layout is based on an old sketch I found in one of my notebooks and it sort of grew from there. The town and the harbour is largely done now so next I will be heading towards the empty baseboards where the rest of the line will be built.

r64Bzzm.jpg

AtnTFNx.jpg

itbqCHr.jpg

Oy7tEAF.jpg

8jGQ1Tu.jpg

(sigh) I miss John (Teddytoot ) too.

Wow, - that was interesting Graham. A very nicely put together video and a great interpretation based on your basic 'Minories' layout room.

A bit different to my own 3 rail version though. I tried to follow the original 'Minories' trackplan as closely as possible, but found it a bit of a struggle with using the fixed geometry 3 rail points. I made the curve under the cut and cover tunnel section a bit too tight as well, but I was trying to stick with the theme of a layout in a limited space.

IvJweoW.jpg

I've had to fight my way through the cobwebs to get back in here :D

I thought I'd show you a little bit of an old project of mine, last updated in December last year but given a little TLC tonight.

Anyone recognise the model?

Hammen-End.jpg

I'm guessing that there would have been plenty of cobwebs, but then I'm as guilty as anyone else of neglecting this topic thread. That wouldn't be the Madder Valley Railway that you've got there Graham? Very nice to see it again.

Dusting away the cobwebs to get back in here. A couple of snaps taken on my rebuilt version of 'Sigbey MRR' originally by cookecitynw (TANE). And yes it's a small GWR branchline layout.

fIYIFAb.jpg

vJwEGuk.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Graham. Here's a couple more I took a week or two ago. It's not a very big TMR layout so if feels very much like the kind of real world model railway layouts I used to build back in my twenty somethings.

xbzf0wL.jpg

hoz5yxc.jpg

Back