Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screenshots of Model Railways based in the British Isles

Yes, maybe I should just dive in, and do something Southern to make use of all the lovely new stuff that is about from Ed and Camscott.
    Best wishes
    Ian

Blog Entries

To use an English football analogy, we are used to seeing the marvellous "Premier Division" routes that are created so I thought I would spoil things by showing some of my "League Division Two" creations. Please don't be too critical as I try my best but lack the artistic skill of others. Most of my layouts are based on layouts in magazines.

Hook Basin (009)

Vale of Talynog (009)

Trehilli

Eusdore LBSCR (Thecatenary and 3rd rail are in separate layers)

Eusdore SR

And just because I had to do it; a representation of the Hornby Dublo layout in the 1939 Hornby Book of Trains.

I am putting some of my American attempts in the other thread.
    Last edited by teddytoot; July 27th, 2020 at 04:57 AM.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Nice work John. Seeing your version of the classic Hornby Dublo layout made me smile. I particularly liked your Vale of Talynog layout with the town enclosing the railway.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Alternative Broad Gauge GWR on 'Lynborough'. The 'Sharpie' 4-2-4T is a complete 'what-if' fabrication.

Some more shots of Kotangagirl's "Lynborough" Broad Gauge layout. A quick round trip by passenger, with apologies to my British friends for any "faux pas" in selection or arrangement of loco and rolling stock!

The Lord of the Isles lined up in Lynborough:

Out of the tunnel:

Round the corner:

Across the viaduct:

Into the village:

View from the bridge:

Back out to the countryside:

Through the gates of a rural crossing:

Return to Lyborough:
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Nice Forester. Always good to see someone enjoying one of my layouts. Might be a good idea to turn off fog though otherwise it looks like the model railway club has lots of pipe smokers in its membership.

It seems that I haven't visited this thread since 27th April - very remiss of me - but I would just like to say how impressed I am by all the screenshots since then, especially the collection of layouts by teddytoot - I'm totally amazed that so many varied layouts can be created in a short time by one person - they just make me realise how slow I am!
    Ray
    Incidentally, I remember that many adverts in RM from years ago showed father and son - and father almost invariable had a pipe.
    Dukes Denver Designs (Ray Whiley - Textures and 3d Virtual Models for TRAINZ).
    Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works

Thanks Ann. I had not even paid attention as I was so engrossed with the layout itself and making the run, but I will have to go back and revisit that. I guess being England it should either be none or much more?
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ray_whiley View Post
    It seems that I haven't visited this thread since 27th April - very remiss of me - but I would just like to say how impressed I am by all the screenshots since then, especially the collection of layouts by teddytoot - I'm totally amazed that so many varied layouts can be created in a short time by one person - they just make me realise how slow I am!
    Ray
    Incidentally, I remember that many adverts in RM from years ago showed father and son - and father almost invariable had a pipe.
    No, they have been created and updated over the years. The Vale of Talynog in fact began in 2012 in Trainz 2010. I just decided on a whim to show shots of my efforts both here and in the other thread.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

Thanks, John. I too have several begun some time ago but they never seem to get finished when the next new version comes along. For example, Glavenford towards the beginning of this thread. But I've enjpyed creating part layouts ...
    Ray
    Last edited by ray_whiley; September 24th, 2020 at 08:17 AM.
    Dukes Denver Designs (Ray Whiley - Textures and 3d Virtual Models for TRAINZ).
    Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works

A snap taken on my WIP 0 gauge version of 'Minories'.

Various snaps taken while I was testing 'Minories'.