New Video Card?

macka

I about to get a new computer for trainz and was wondering the best way to go with a video card.
I prefer nvidia.
What would be the better performer a RTX 2070 or one without the new razor tracing?
Your comments would be welcome.

Macka

I would recommend that you take a look at a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC GAMING, 8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans & RGB LED Graphics Card if you are looking at upgrading.

A cheaper choice, and almost as good, would be a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 DT Gaming 8GB GDDR5X iCX - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB G/P/M Graphic Card. This is what I am using currently.

The EVGA graphics cards have proven to be excellent and fairly reliable choices for me. I get my all my graphic cards over the years from Amazon.com.

Bob

I would recommend that you take a look at a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC GAMING, 8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans & RGB LED Graphics Card if you are looking at upgrading.

A cheaper choice, and almost as good, would be a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 DT Gaming 8GB GDDR5X iCX - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB G/P/M Graphic Card. This is what I am using currently.

The EVGA graphics cards have proven to be excellent and fairly reliable choices for me. I get my all my graphic cards over the years from Amazon.com.

Bob

Two very different cards, the GTX 1080 $800 at newegg.com comes in at 12,445 and the $799 RTX at 15,742. The $500 RTX 270 14,459. So yes the RTX 2080 has better performance but the price is higher. The GTX 1080 seems higher priced and worse performance. My feeling is the RTX 2070 has sufficient power for TS19 if you can afford it.

Cheerio John

Back