TRS19 REGIONAL EDITIONS

Thanks John. No intention of buying a subscription so that shouldn't prove an issue (fingers crossed).

@KotangaGirl,

I see your SSD fund is growing well... LOL

:D

Clair

I've actually just purchased an SSD Clair. 240Gb for $NZ69.00 which is a very reasonable price indeed. I'm just waiting on some other hardware bits and bobs to arrive in the post and I'll be busying installing it.

I've actually just purchased an SSD Clair. 240Gb for $NZ69.00 which is a very reasonable price indeed. I'm just waiting on some other hardware bits and bobs to arrive in the post and I'll be busying installing it.

cant wait to hear how it works for you, Im sure you'll love it :)

Clair
I

I like the idea of a less content filled TRS19, but that makes me wonder, any chance we can get a bare bone no (or almost no) content at all edition as well?
I have no need for any routes at all, from any country or region, but I would like to see the newest program edition of Trainz and see if I a bit further down the line can get back into the creating part again if life settle down soon here I am.
But feel not keen to paying for content I never ever will use, or have a need for, even if it is not much cost it still is a cost.

Just my thinking this Sunday morning. :)

Linda

Hi Linda, kind of where my thoughts were going - not exactly but TS19 at 70 USD, it was too easy to find reasons not to buy it. It was looking like TANE would be the end of the line for awhile. I put out an insane amount for TANE KS and got lots of heart ache and not really what I was looking for and there's no need to go there right now.

I gave it a half days thought and for 30 USD less I ordered and dl'd TS19 NA version last night. But I won't dump Canadian Rockies into the electron hopper. Scary when you see dl times of 30000 hrs keep poping up while tying to get all 8.7 gb but when it final got going it took 26 min.

I kind of feel Trainz is drifting further away from my own interests and earlier this year I started going back to the games I played and modded before I got involved with Trainz - re installed AOS2, SHII and III and all the mods I never played. I'm working on Transdem generated terrain for new coastlines and islands in AOS2 scenarios and campaigns - the last 18 years hasn't been totally wasted. Talk about lack of eye candy and 20 yr old graphics and dumb AI but I can play either, neither or both sides or mp between linked computers and it's more stable than ever under WIN10 and I'm enjoying it.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Seeing as this appears to be the most current thread on TRS19 and its subject matter is TRS19 Regional Versions of which, I have purchased the UK version, I would like to ask a question about the installation of TRS19 as follows:

Can it be installed in a similar way to T:ANE i.e. the 'core' program on my Win 10 C drive and the user data on a different drive?

I haven't installed TRS19 as of yet and I'm wondering as to the above question, does the installation process prompt the installer to choose where user data can be stored or is it all plonked on to the core installation drive?

I am wondering if TRS19 is as easy as installing T:ANE in the above respect; I can't seem to find any definitive answers to this.

Thanks,

Rob.

Rob, it's exactly the same as TANE, Install but do not start the game, create your userdata folder where ever you want it then change the location in the Launcher options, before running it or downloading anything.

Don't use your TANE data folder, format is slightly different, the recommended method of importing is to use cdp's. I found the opening all none builtins for edit in TANE and then importing the TANE editing folder and running a Database repair worked for me. Then just revert in TANE when finished.

Thank you both for the replies, I'll proceed on the advice of clam1952.

I must say that having extracted the downloaded zip file I am surprised there's no user manual/guidance, not even a basic starter .txt file, still, I suppose that's indicative of N3V's general shabby attitude towards its customers!

Thanks,

Rob.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know there's lots of info scattered hither and thither throughout cyberspace but it's such a parp gleaning the info from it all, especially when one has only got one PC! I would've liked some simple, initial installation document that I could have printed out and referred to during my install process - not too much to ask I think!

I have a spare unused 240Gb SSD that I will be fitting in to my PC for the user data when I get round to it. Thanks for the tip re: not using T:ANE user data folder for TRS19 data.

Rob.

I now have TRS19 installed and started to dabble, thank you clam1952, your install tips were most helpful. Today I have opened TRS19 four times and have got this update/content fix each and every time I open:

4FFzUyv.jpg

It appears every time, I have installed twice but it keeps reappearing, my questions are: what is it, why does it keep reappearing after apparently successful install, can I ignore any further occurrences and will it eventually go away?

Also, why do I have lots of US routes/stuff installed in my UK regional version? E.g. C&O Hinton Division, Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel and Season Town Northern RR (whatever that is). I don't mind but it is taking up disk space for something I won't use!

And, please, can anyone suggest some suitable lighting/environment settings for UK use, currently it looks somewhat lithographic! This is GER Y14 on the C&O Hinton Division.

IWRfKvd.jpg

Yes, it's US, but I just had to test if the route was accessible in UK version, presumably the other US routes mentioned above are equally accessible.

Thanks,

Rob.

Last edited:
Same here, getting a repeat download of sc545, just ignore it for the moment.

Environmental Controls?

My midday settings are Ambient and Sun around 2.30 ( clock position) Lightness slider on the right just under halfway down.

The US stuff is the built in content from TANE which you get access to of you own that version.

Just bug reported the repeat downloads appearing for the TRS19 Content fix.
Edit: Report acknowledged - A feature request has been opened for review under TSR [FONT=&quot]347771162[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Nearly as good as the invisible Cumulative update that Microsoft announced yesterday for 1809 or the unannounced Insider Slow ring update for 1903.....

My brain is beginning to hurt!

Last edited:
Just bug reported the repeat downloads appearing for the TRS19 Content fix.
Edit: Report acknowledged - A feature request has been opened for review under TSR 347771162

Nearly as good as the invisible Cumulative update that Microsoft announced yesterday for 1809 or the unannounced Insider Slow ring update for 1903.....

My brain is beginning to hurt!

Yup.

The 1903 was pulled and a new release was sent out today. This was due to some users having issues with the Inside Edition not installing.

The 1809 issue I don't know about.

A feature request for TRS19?

Please explain...

Yup.

The 1903 was pulled and a new release was sent out today. This was due to some users having issues with the Inside Edition not installing.

The 1809 issue I don't know about.

1903 I'm on slow ring so still a build behind the rest, got the one that allegedly doesn't install except it did here.

A feature request for TRS19?

Please explain...

Think that's QA speak for we are looking at it ;o)

Turns out the invisible 1809 update was only for Japan some stuff relating to their new emperor only shows up if you have Japanese language installed.

Think that's QA speak for we are looking at it ;o)

Turns out the invisible 1809 update was only for Japan some stuff relating to their new emperor only shows up if you have Japanese language installed.

Yeah. That sounds about right.

Interesting thing on Japanese language.

Hi All
The repeated download for the TRS19 Content Fix DLC pack should now be fixed. You may need to download the pack once more to ensure that it is fully installed, and it should then no longer appear for download.

Regards

Back