TRS19 REGIONAL EDITIONS

Yes I'm well aware of that however the reason I mentioned it is that someone in this thread has bought it on the strength of the limited info in the Newsletter but already has TRS19 and was querying why no separate download. See post 10....

They state they have the subscription, not a full (or regional full) version. So if they have the subscription, this will be an upgrade for them as they will no longer have to pay monthly (this is how I read it).

My experience: I purchased TRS19 outright last Oct (Early Release) - After a few weeks of wading thru loco's and rolling stock I had no interest in, I did a new clean install. I DID NOT install the European routes as my interest was purely American. However... after downloading American freeware route after freeware route that used assets from the European routes I was back to installing everything once again. My philosophy had changed. I bought a 1TB SSD and I now welcome assets with open arms. Not saying this is "right" or "wrong." Just saying the day might come when you wish you had the assets from the full package... Choose carefully and wisely... Buying additional routes later (for need assets) will certainly cost more in the long run...

Though if I'm using the regional version of TS2019 to run the routes I build in TS2012 this isn't so much of a problem. I've also mostly been using my gold sub version to run oldie but goodie routes from TS2004 and TS2009. For me TS2019 is like a smoother running version of TS2012 with much better lighting.

It's a bit annoying about the 'one size duz all' situation with TS2019 though. Up until recently I had all kinds of versions of the earlier simulators installed on my computer and I just assumed (silly girl) that the regional versions would be a different download seperate from my gold sub one.

Last edited:
Though if I'm using the regional version of TS2019 to run the routes I build in TS2012 this isn't so much of a problem. I've also mostly been using my gold sub version to run oldie but goodie routes from TS2004 and TS2009. For me TS2019 is like a smoother running version of TS2012 with much better lighting.

It's a bit annoying about the 'one size duz all' situation with TS2019 though. Up until recently I had all kinds of versions of the earlier simulators installed on my computer and I just assumed (silly girl) that the regional versions would be a different download seperate from my gold sub one.

I have been trying to follow what is going on with the Regional Versions in this thread.

Annie, are you saying in the above that because you have a gold TRS19 sub that your Regional UK version that you've paid $40 for is incorporated into the Gold sub full TRS19 version and that you've not actually received anything tangible for your $40?

Presumably, if you give up the Gold sub, you would still have access to the Regional UK part?

Of course, all this doesn't affect me as I don't have any subscriptions nor do I have TRS19 but I think it worthwhile asking the questions as I am contemplating a purchase of the UK TRS19 - depending on what the taxman (HMRC) has in store for me in the next couple of months!

Rob.

I have just installed TS19-UK on this account.

All my older Trainz purchases are on a separate account, including full TRS19.

This is what you get with TRS19 UK on launching the game.

So if you only purchased the regional edition, this it.

trs19-uk.png

Mike.

£31 for the UK regional version ...

That's more like it :cool:

There was no way I was going to stump up £55 for the full version , especially when I build most of my routes and content to go with them .

I have been trying to follow what is going on with the Regional Versions in this thread.

Annie, are you saying in the above that because you have a gold TRS19 sub that your Regional UK version that you've paid $40 for is incorporated into the Gold sub full TRS19 version and that you've not actually received anything tangible for your $40?

Presumably, if you give up the Gold sub, you would still have access to the Regional UK part?

Of course, all this doesn't affect me as I don't have any subscriptions nor do I have TRS19 but I think it worthwhile asking the questions as I am contemplating a purchase of the UK TRS19 - depending on what the taxman (HMRC) has in store for me in the next couple of months!

Rob.

I'm going to cut loose my gold sub Rob; - In fact I've already done so and after the 24th May it will be the Uk regional version that I'm running. At the moment there's nothing to see since my gold sub version is still running, but that will change as soon as my sub runs out. I do have some DLC purchases of things I really did want such as the S&C routes and they'll still be available to me.
On reflection the gold sub was Ok because it gave me a chance to try out TS2019 so I could see if I really wanted it or not. I was hesitating over buying the full version of the game though since in New Zealand dollar terms it would be a significant purchase for me. When the regional versions were announced and became available I didn't hesitate because I could afford the Uk one without blowing my budget and also because it was essentially a bare bones version of the game with one of my favourite built in Uk routes attached, - the Cornish Mainline. Kickstarter Country is included too which I couldn't care less about, but at least the rest of the other non-Uk TS2019 routes aren't included anymore. WHICH IS A GOOD THING!

Well, in a moment of madness I've taken the plunge and just bought the UK regional version of TRS19 so bugger the taxman! - I see my timeline has already been updated!

Rob.

I saw the newsletter for the regional edition, but I am still waiting for the DVD after placing the order back last year, can someone please explain to me e is going on, thanks.

I saw the newsletter for the regional edition, but I am still waiting for the DVD after placing the order back last year, can someone please explain to me e is going on, thanks.

Are your waiting for the TANE DVD. This thread is regarding TRS19. I would contact the help desk. Your DVD may have got lost in the mail.

I have just installed TS19-UK on this account.

All my older Trainz purchases are on a separate account, including full TRS19.

This is what you get with TRS19 UK on launching the game.

So if you only purchased the regional edition, this it.

(image snipped)

Mike.

Looks good to me Mike. I certainly didn't want all that other foreign nonsense. Since I already own the S&C routes it's made for a perfect Trainz installation for me.

I like the idea of a less content filled TRS19, but that makes me wonder, any chance we can get a bare bone no (or almost no) content at all edition as well?
I have no need for any routes at all, from any country or region, but I would like to see the newest program edition of Trainz and see if I a bit further down the line can get back into the creating part again if life settle down soon here I am.
But feel not keen to paying for content I never ever will use, or have a need for, even if it is not much cost it still is a cost.

Just my thinking this Sunday morning. :)

Linda

Looks good to me Mike. I certainly didn't want all that other foreign nonsense. Since I already own the S&C routes it's made for a perfect Trainz installation for me.

It still has some foreign stuff included, loco's & rollingstock, but i just disable those.

I have S&C in my main TRS19, just wondering if i can painlessly copy it over to the UK version.

My only annoyance with this version, is that it does not include Kings X - Edinburgh route.

Surely the flagship route for UK users in Trainz.

Mike.

I like the idea of a less content filled TRS19, but that makes me wonder, any chance we can get a bare bone no (or almost no) content at all edition as well?
I have no need for any routes at all, from any country or region, but I would like to see the newest program edition of Trainz and see if I a bit further down the line can get back into the creating part again if life settle down soon here I am.
But feel not keen to paying for content I never ever will use, or have a need for, even if it is not much cost it still is a cost.

Just my thinking this Sunday morning. :)

Linda

That's easy, just remove the packages folder see my post here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ing-Customer-Disk-Space&p=1743940#post1743940

Cheaper to do it with a regional one than the full blown copy though. You just end up with tutorials and Kickstarter County 2 and it's sessions

At £31, the regional version is sounding quite tempting but I'm unclear on one point (which I may have missed in reading through this thread) regarding assets. Route wise, it's very clear you get a pared down selection of routes which is fine as I don't use Trainz for driving. What is important is route building. Is the quantity of scenery assets also pared down as that would probably seal the deal for me?

At £31, the regional version is sounding quite tempting but I'm unclear on one point (which I may have missed in reading through this thread) regarding assets. Route wise, it's very clear you get a pared down selection of routes which is fine as I don't use Trainz for driving. What is important is route building. Is the quantity of scenery assets also pared down as that would probably seal the deal for me?

"I've already struck an issue with a grass texture from a 'foreign' non-Uk payware route" but that was from someone with the gold subscription. The impression I have is if you are running TANE then you can import anything from TANE so in theory it should work fine. Just don't buy the sub first or then you may end up including assets that are not in TANE or the UK version.

Cheerio John

Back